Admire the honesty...

concha

43 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. It is not blame. I did not say I was either sad or happy to be here. The truth is, I could take America or leave it. The fact that I have remained says at a very minimum that I don't find it intolerable. 

2. Show me the stats to back up your assertion. I will tell you this. Suicide rates are a lot lower in Jamaica than here. So, too are drug addiction rates to opiods and cocaine. 

3. You can believe whatever you want. 

4. I am not a Marxist fanboy. I just provide a balanced view. It is interesting that you are the one that always resorts to cursing and denigrating because you are intellectually stunted. 

1) It was a joke. Relax.

2) Here's just a quick google:

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=Jamaica

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=United+States

Oh, and drugs tend to go where the money is.

3) You mean like the obvious?  How many Marxist nations can you name that have advanced to prosperity and maintained it (without either collapsing like the USSR or turning to capitalism to prop themselves up like China)? Are you so so blinded by your leftist beliefs that you can't recognize the all-encompassing economic, financial, social and moral poverty of Marxism? Goddamn. How many technological and medical advances that benefit mankind today can you ascribe to Marxists?

4)  Balanced view? LMAO. In the age that capitalism and Marxism have co-existed, there is no comparison between the two. One is a story of stagnation, oppression and failure. The other has created never before seen wealth and advancements for all mankind.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Show some dignity.

20 hours ago, Bormio said:

Seriously - liberal white people are truly amusing at times.  Should have done the Fuzzy Zoeller meal - fried chicken and collards

The idea for the food came from local black leaders and amazon helped a local black owned restaurant (which also happens to be the favorite of the workers in that facility) as part of their outreach program to help black owned small business in Chicago.  Last time I checked many folk love them some chicken and waffles.  Nothing like a phat plate of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles to make your day. The anger from the employees was because they preferred a company paid holiday instead of the food.  No good deed goes unpunished by the right wing radicals.  Carry on.  Your lame duck prez I'm sure would agree with y'all. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The idea for the food came from local black leaders and amazon helped a local black owned restaurant (which also happens to be the favorite of the workers in that facility) as part of their outreach program to help black owned small business in Chicago.  Last time I checked many folk love them some chicken and waffles.  Nothing like a phat plate of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles to make your day. The anger from the employees was because they preferred a company paid holiday instead of the food.  No good deed goes unpunished by the right wing radicals.  Carry on.  Your lame duck prez I'm sure would agree with y'all. 

wassup racist?

Making fun of  "non-black" football players again  today ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

So in SF these assholes who apparently don't know shit about shit

Took down the statue of US Grant who Lee surrendered to at Appomattox 

Oh yea he also freed the slave his wife family gave him. 

This is nothing to do with BLM

This is an insurrection. Bring in the military and start spraying 

Most Communist Dictatorish thing I've heard all day... 

Not surprising though... 

Trump already gassed peaceful protestors for no reason at all... 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, concha said:

[...[

Google "empty shelves venezuela" and "food riots venezuela",  Karl.  And while you're marveling at the photos of the leftist paradise system you love so much, remember that this is the country with the largest petroleum reserves on earth.

Google "the Great Depression" and "America." What's Detroit look like these days?

I think political theorists generally agree that Marx's criticism of capitalism are valid, even if his preferred alternative isn't better. 

No one follows Adam Smith or Marx anymore, but some tertium quid. We regulate our markets and we redistribute wealth. 

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Google "the Great Depression" and "America." What's Detroit look like these days?

I think political theorists generally agree that Marx's criticism of capitalism are valid, even if his preferred alternative isn't better. 

No one follows Adam Smith or Marx anymore, but some tertium quid. We regulate our markets and we redistribute wealth. 

Why? To show that even the worst our capitalist society suffered was utter prosperity compared to current day, oil-rich Venezuela? Detroit? Looks like shit compared to most of America and pretty damned nice compared to Venezuela.

Democracy Capitalism is the worst form of government economic system, except for all those others that have been tried.”

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, concha said:

Why? To show that even the worst our capitalist society suffered was utter prosperity compared to current day, oil-rich Venezuela? Detroit? Looks like shit compared to most of America and pretty damned nice compared to Venezuela.

[...]

No, to show that the terms "capitalism" and "Marxism" are scaler concepts and political buzzwords used by pundits to galvanize their paying customers. 

Capitalism has been restrained and modified for reasons congenial to Marxism and Marxism has been restrained and modified for reasons congenial to capitalism.

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No, to show that the terms "capitalism" and "Marxism" are scaler concepts and political buzzwords used by pundits to galvanize their paying customers. 

Capitalism has been restrained and modified for reasons congenial to Marxism and Marxism has been restrained and modified for reasons congenial to capitalism.

And of the two options, restrained capitalism is the clear winner. More congenial to freedom and prosperity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

And of the two options, restrained capitalism is the clear winner. More congenial to freedom and prosperity.

This isn't a race that has been won yet. 

We'll see in the next century or two which mixed economy is best, or whether they all converge finally. 

On 6/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, DarterBlue said:

1. Over 150 years after its abolition, blacks in America still have a lower life expectancy than Jamaicans, since you choose to bring that up. 

2. Hitler's Germany was a capitalist endeavor. How many people's death was he responsible for, again? And, yes, he murdered his own citizens, too, just ask any German, Jewish family.

3. See 2. In addition, I can cite brutal capitalist dictatorships such as the Shah's Iran which came to power by a CIA sponsored coup which eliminated Mohammed Mussadegh; the Chilean sponsored coup which put in place the brutal Pinochet regime; many brutal, Brazilian regimes that vaporized many of its citizens. Or, before I forget, the current gangsta regime in Saudi Arabia that also vaporizes its citizens including a journalist that was an American resident. 

Concha, the fact of the matter is that both communist and capitalist regimes have done bad things to their people. Where you and I differ, is that I can acknowledge that, while you must forever revile the one and extol the other. I am a realist. I keep my eyes open realizing that any Government, or Corporation for that matter, has the capacity to do horrible things to individuals. And, over the course of history, they have done so. The fact is that power, as Lord Acton observed, is corrupting and corrosive. It matters not the ideology behind it.  

1. Whose fault is that? A lot of this, unfortunately, has to do with inner city violence (black on black murder). Not all of it, but a good amount.

2. My cantor was a holocaust survivor (died about 10 years ago), only kept alive because he could keep the Nazi officers entertained. His family was slaughtered in Auschwitz. Totalitarianism and intolerance seems to be a penchant of BLM and Antifa. Using tactics to destroy cultural icons, etc. We are setting a dangerous precedent letting this go unchecked. Free thought is muted. And the German economy was controlled by the NAZI party, largely. They decided what got manufactured, etc. They also seized control of vital economic interests. 

3. Capitalism has allowed hundreds of people of color in this country to become billionaires with a B. There has never been a freer society with more opportunity and less impediments to success based on color, origin, etc. than the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. DO YOU NOT AGREE WITH THIS? IF NOT GHANA IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 181pl said:

1. Whose fault is that? A lot of this, unfortunately, has to do with inner city violence (black on black murder). Not all of it, but a good amount.

2. My cantor was a holocaust survivor (died about 10 years ago), only kept alive because he could keep the Nazi officers entertained. His family was slaughtered in Auschwitz. Totalitarianism and intolerance seems to be a penchant of BLM and Antifa. Using tactics to destroy cultural icons, etc. We are setting a dangerous precedent letting this go unchecked. Free thought is muted. And the German economy was controlled by the NAZI party, largely. They decided what got manufactured, etc. They also seized control of vital economic interests. 

3. Capitalism has allowed hundreds of people of color in this country to become billionaires with a B. There has never been a freer society with more opportunity and less impediments to success based on color, origin, etc. than the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. DO YOU NOT AGREE WITH THIS? IF NOT GHANA IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.

I generally respect you, but stridently disagree with your comments. I disagree to the extent that I don't know where to begin. Out of consideration of our prior back and forth on the Florida boards I will decline to express my thoughts further. 

30 minutes ago, 181pl said:

https://truepundit.com/african-christian-university-dean-black-people-in-america-are-the-freest-and-most-prosperous-black-people-in-the-world/

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I generally respect you, but stridently disagree with your comments. I disagree to the extent that I don't know where to begin. Out of consideration of our prior back and forth on the Florida boards I will decline to express my thoughts further. 

https://truepundit.com/african-christian-university-dean-black-people-in-america-are-the-freest-and-most-prosperous-black-people-in-the-world/

On 6/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, DarterBlue said:

So, being a Marxist is not necessarily incompatible with saving black lives. What's your beef? She said who she was. That's a lot more than many on this board do. 

It certainly isn't directly related to saving black lives. It is a political ideology. The indisputable slogan "black lives matter" is being used as a trojan horse to advance the radical political agenda of the political organization going by the name Black Lives Matter. One can unequivocally support the notion of black lives mattering and simultaneously oppose the political organization by the same name.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It certainly isn't directly related to saving black lives. It is a political ideology. The indisputable slogan "black lives matter" is being used as a trojan horse to advance the radical political agenda of the political organization going by the name Black Lives Matter. One can unequivocally support the notion of black lives mattering and simultaneously oppose the political organization by the same name.

I never said it was. Is Black Lives Matter being used as a "Trojan Horse?" To be honest, I don't know, as I am not associated with them.

I merely pointed out the facts that: 1. Being a Marxist is not incompatible with saving black lives: some may be pro human rights for all people, others may be virulent racists, for Marxism means different things to different people. 2. At least she was honest enough to acknowledge the fact she was a Marxist.

I also took a shot at some of the hypocrites on this board who pretend to be who they are not and are who they pretend not to be. 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I never said it was. Is Black Lives Matter being used as a "Trojan Horse?" To be honest, I don't know, as I am not associated with them.

I merely pointed out the facts that: 1. Being a Marxist is not incompatible with saving black lives: some may be pro human rights for all people, others may be virulent racists, for Marxism means different things to different people. 2. At least she was honest enough to acknowledge the fact she was a Marxist.

I also took a shot at some of the hypocrites on this board who pretend to be who they are not and are who they pretend not to be. 

Wonder if she would be proud of Oswald who shot the most popular democrat president we ever had??

He was a proud marxist too

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Fair enough, there are certainly plenty of hypocrites here. But, there are advocates for violence and radical political policies that are leading the political organization going by Black Lives Matter. Here is the President of the New York chapter sharing his views.

• Thanks 1