Biggest Fail in Playoff History?

ngdawg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16IbYH8Pmht_oruDfNpMtRMf4RtEKVtR8/view?usp=sharing

Let me set the stage: North Gwinnett at Hillgrove in the State Quarterfinals. North Gwinnett has just taken the lead in the fourth quarter, 35-31, and Hillgrove was just gifted a long pass interference penalty. 26 seconds remain for a chance to advance to the state semifinals. The quarterback drops back...

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

2018 ? Or 17 maybe both years 

Packers DC in the final seconds of game 

01F2E456-22E1-469D-936A-DEA1343D3D86.gif

13 men? No wait we have 12. Wait, but we play football with 11. Nah, we'll just keep 'em out there and hope they don't notice. (Gets flagged once) Alright take one off! (Another flag) Take another off! (Another flag for pass interference) Ya know what, let's just give 'em the game! Everybody good with that? Yes? Ok good.

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

13 men? No wait we have 12. Wait, but we play football with 11. Nah, we'll just keep 'em out there and hope they don't notice. (Gets flagged once) Alright take one off! (Another flag) Take another off! (Another flag for pass interference) Ya know what, let's just give 'em the game! Everybody good with that? Yes? Ok good.

And this Bulldog band kid wonders why Rush threw his play sheet down and went to the locker room in disgust...

Hell I threw my beer can that night and nearly concussed my buddy that night.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And this Bulldog band kid wonders why Rush threw his play sheet down and went to the locker room in disgust...

Hell I threw my beer can that night and nearly concussed my buddy that night.

Probably threw that beer can better than Krajewski threw the ball that night. Just kidding, twas a great game.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Probably threw that beer can better than Krajewski threw the ball that night. Just kidding, twas a great game.

Probably had something to do with the frigid weather and NG getting the luck of the draw. If I remember correctly, your QBs best throw was a last second hail mary in which the refs bailed him out on. Lol

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

Probably had something to do with the frigid weather and NG getting the luck of the draw. If I remember correctly, your QBs best throw was a last second hail mary in which the refs bailed him out on. Lol

Let's establish something first: our kicker cannot kick to save his life. I guarantee you, if that kick happens from 5 yards back, he misses. If only there was a way to not give North Gwinnett that extra 5 yards...oh wait...maybe tell the DC to remember that 11 players are allowed on the field at one time. Honestly, there was no excuse after getting penalized for 13 to not have the correct number. That wasn't the referees fault, that was Colquitt's fault. And regarding that pass interference, I'd say it was pretty clear-cut. Our receiver, Josh Downs, went up for the ball and Colquitt's corner, Juicy Lewis (I think that's his name?), ran right into him and pushed him backwards in the air. This wasn't even like the Miami-Ohio State game where the flag came out late: the flag came out before the play was over I believe. Seemed like a cleanly-reffed game throughout. Congratulations on Krajewski connecting on the wide open TD to Josh Hadley though, I wish our defender hadn't fallen down.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Let's establish something first: our kicker cannot kick to save his life. I guarantee you, if that kick happens from 5 yards back, he misses. If only there was a way to not give North Gwinnett that extra 5 yards...oh wait...maybe tell the DC to remember that 11 players are allowed on the field at one time. Honestly, there was no excuse after getting penalized for 13 to not have the correct number. That wasn't the referees fault, that was Colquitt's fault. And regarding that pass interference, I'd say it was pretty clear-cut. Our receiver, Josh Downs, went up for the ball and Colquitt's corner, Juicy Lewis (I think that's his name?), ran right into him and pushed him backwards in the air. This wasn't even like the Miami-Ohio State game where the flag came out late: the flag came out before the play was over I believe. Seemed like a cleanly-reffed game throughout. Congratulations on Krajewski connecting on the wide open TD to Josh Hadley though, I wish our defender hadn't fallen down.

Colquitt's DB was running and made a play on the ball, but the WR jumped into him as he came back to catch the ball that was under thrown. The only argument is the DB did not turn his head which is generally the rule of thumb in this scenario. It was a judgement call that went in favor of NG.

Before that, NG was gifted time back on the clock after a JJ Peterson sack. The QB clearly fumbled on the play and the ball rolled across the field out of bounds taking several seconds off of the clock in the process. Two plays later NG was gifted another 10 yard penalty for a phantom defensive holding on the Packers. That particular play should have been intentional grounding by the NG QB and a loss of down with the ball short of midfield. All of this was prior to the illegal substitution penalties and subsequent PI.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

15 penalties on Colquitt and 4 on NG.

Before I respond to the other post, I must say that just because one team had a lot more penalties than another doesn't mean the referees were biased. Maybe Colquitt earned those penalties, I really don't want to rewatch the entire game to find out. You can't assume that the referees were biased.

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Colquitt's DB was running and made a play on the ball, but the WR jumped into him as he came back to catch the ball that was under thrown. The only argument is the DB did not turn his head which is generally the rule of thumb in this scenario. It was a judgement call that went in favor of NG.

Before that, NG was gifted time back on the clock after a JJ Peterson sack. The QB clearly fumbled on the play and the ball rolled across the field out of bounds taking several seconds off of the clock in the process. Two plays later NG was gifted another 10 yard penalty for a phantom defensive holding on the Packers. That particular play should have been intentional grounding by the NG QB and a loss of down with the ball short of midfield. All of this was prior to the illegal substitution penalties and subsequent PI.

If we're using this logic, none of this would have even happened if Colquitt wasn't gifted a first down on a fourth down play that was clearly incomplete on the previous drive. Even the commentators clearly called it out even before an official call was made.

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I remember watching the play and thinking, “The ONE FUCKING THING you cannot do (besides giving up six) is commit that penalty” and I’ll be damned if he didn’t in front of the world. 

I lost $200 on you cocksucks, but it was the right call!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I remember watching the play and thinking, “The ONE FUCKING THING you cannot do (besides giving up six) is commit that penalty” and I’ll be damned if he didn’t in front of the world. 

I lost $200 on you cocksucks, but it was the right call!

I agree with you. Sorry about the $200 though. Didn't know THAT much was on the line.

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I agree with you. Sorry about the $200 though. Didn't know THAT much was on the line.

Hell, I thought cc was gonna score 100 against y’all after a bunch of sophomores without our beat player for three quarters put up 41 against you!

But Stewie dialed up the D and shut them bitches the fuck down. 

And don’t be sorry! It happens when you pick a losing nag.

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Hell, I thought cc was gonna score 100 against y’all after a bunch of sophomores without our beat player for three quarters put up 41 against you!

But Stewie dialed up the D and shut them bitches the fuck down. 

Marietta fan, eh? I talked to many our players after that game and they said that was the worst they've played all year. They said it should have been MUCH more of a blowout because they played sloppily and gave the ball up many times. I talked to Jimmy Urzua, our quarterback, and he said that the turnovers were the only reason Marietta came back. Also that was the one game the band wasn't at the game; we were in Chicago. Not saying that there's any correlation, but I wouldn't be mad if you connected the dots in a certain way.

27 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

#excusethreadgold

I shit you not, and eloquently posted.

bgw

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1