3 nationals from China arrested

HSFBfan

You fools realize this is a two way street. There are thousands of Americans in China. If they reciprocate there will be many US citizens in Chinese jails. Do you all think this is a war you can win? 

At best you get a stalemate, at worst you get exposed like the South got exposed in the Civil War.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You fools realize this is a two way street. There are thousands of Americans in China. If they reciprocate there will be many US citizens in Chinese jails. Do you all think this is a war you can win? 

At best you get a stalemate, at worst you get exposed like the South got exposed in the Civil War.  

Our militarry is bigger than China

The south had 1/3 the military strength of the north and it still took the north 4 years to win. 

We told the Americans to get out of China and not to go there. If they are still there so be it. They didn't heed the warnings 

These people are spying on us for the chinese military. They are openingly admitting it 

They are also guilty of visa fraud 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Our militarry is bigger than China

The south had 1/3 the military strength of the north and it still took the north 4 years to win. 

We told the Americans to get out of China and not to go there. If they are still there so be it. They didn't heed the warnings 

These people are spying on us for the chinese military. They are openingly admitting it 

They are also guilty of visa fraud 

The USA would not win a war with China. I have lived here for 37 years and I have gone there twice for one of my children lives there. I can tell you with a straight face: In China one of the worst kept secrets is that they are aware they have moved ahead of the USA. Don't let the local media (propaganda) fool you. China is way more advanced than you all believe. We helped them get that way. For years we have exported our manufacturing to them. Small wonder they would get ahead of us ...

China doesn't have to go to war with the USA they could just ask us to pay our debt and that would destroy the country. 

When it comes to military might its hard to pick 1 because im sure both have secretes that they wouldn't show until they have no other choice.

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

The USA would not win a war with China. I have lived here for 37 years and I have gone there twice for one of my children lives there. I can tell you with a straight face: In China one of the worst kept secrets is that they are aware they have moved ahead of the USA. Don't let the local media (propaganda) fool you. China is way more advanced than you all believe. We helped them get that way. For years we have exported our manufacturing to them. Small wonder they would get ahead of us ...

So does he (your son) know which police officer is specifically assigned to him?

Just curious...

7 hours ago, Troll said:

So does he (your son) know which police officer is specifically assigned to him?

Just curious...

Actually, my son, when he lived in Wuxi, tried to comply with Chinese regulations by registering at the local police station as he was supposed to since he had been admitted to a different city. He was looked at with raised eyebrows, as the local cops had no idea what he was trying to do.

My impression of China, for what it's worth, is that it is a classic Fascist Country, in that the government exercises a high degree of control over business (in many respects it is hard to tell where one begins and the other ends). However, on a day to day basis the citizens and to a degree visitors enjoy a lot more latitude than you would think. As an aside, it is instructive to note that if you excluded the Uyghurs (who some deem political prisoners), the prison population in the country is only 40% of the USA's total despite the fact that China has four times the population. 

Modern day China is a far cry from what existed under Chairman Mao. I am sure if he were alive today, he would be: befuddled, proud and disappointed all at the same time. The human experiences is full of strange twists and turns and what is one man's leftist is another's conservative. It all depends on the place and time. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually, my son, when he lived in Wuxi, tried to comply with Chinese regulations by registering at the local police station as he was supposed to since he had been admitted to a different city. He was looked at with raised eyebrows, as the local cops had no idea what he was trying to do.

My impression of China, for what it's worth, is that it is a classic Fascist Country, in that the government exercises a high degree of control over business (in many respects it is hard to tell where one begins and the other ends). However, on a day to day basis the citizens and to a degree visitors enjoy a lot more latitude than you would think. As an aside, it is instructive to note that if you excluded the Uyghurs (who some deem political prisoners), the prison population in the country is only 40% of the USA's total despite the fact that China has four times the population. 

Modern day China is a far cry from what existed under Chairman Mao. I am sure if he were alive today, he would be: befuddled, proud and disappointed all at the same time. The human experiences is full of strange twists and turns and what is one man's leftist is another's conservative. It all depends on the place and time. 

I understand, but you still need to register with the police, and an officer will be assigned to track you, and is responsible to  know your movements and actions at all times...🙄

So who needs jails?

PS: besides they just execute dissidents.....

so how 'meaningful' do you think your 'stats' on incarceration really are?

🤔

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

I understand, but you still need to register with the police, and an officer will be assigned to track you, and is responsible to  know your movements and actions at all times...🙄

So who needs jails?

🤔

Plus the Chinese are significantly more disciplined than we are. Have a lot more family honor 

9 hours ago, Troll said:

So who needs jails?

🤔

That is not true. They don't have a policy of mass executions the way Stalinist Russia (Soviet Union) did. For what it's worth, my son, in six years in China has had fewer incidents with the authorities (police) than he did in the USA during his final six years here. Fortunately, in neither place did any of these incidents become life threatening.