#1 Trump clown??...

DBP66

‘The Swamp’ Exposes Just How Much Republican Matt Gaetz Kisses Trump’s Butt

Nick Schager
The Daily BeastAugust 3, 2020, 3:39 AM
Read full article
Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Spoiler alert: Contrary to his stated intentions, President Donald Trump has not “drained the swamp,” but has in fact amplified D.C. corruption and special-interest power—currently, more than 300 lobbyists have seats in his administration—unseen in modern times. The Swamp understands and exposes this fact, and yet Daniel DiMauro and Morgan Pehme’s HBO documentary (premiering August 4) nonetheless tackles the issue of politics and money via a decidedly wishy-washy look at three of Trump’s staunchest faux-“renegade” GOP congressional acolytes: Colorado’s Ken Buck, Kentucky’s Thomas Massie and Florida’s perpetually sycophantic Matt Gaetz.

It’s Gaetz who’ll likely be best known to viewers, thanks to a series of headline-making (and social media-inflaming) stunts, including tweeting out a not-so-veiled threat to congressional witness (and former Trump attorney) Michael Cohen, and leading a group of rabble-rousing Republicans on a raid of a closed-door impeachment hearing deposition. A perpetual fixture on Fox News, where he parrots Trump talking points in the most extremist fashion imaginable, he’s a young, eager go-getter who’s hitched his post to the current commander-in-chief. That’s certainly the figure depicted by DiMauro and Pehme’s film, which captures him articulating his staunch support in personal phone calls to the president (and is told, in return, “You’re doing fantastic…you’re tough and smart and you have the look”), as well as stating outright “I love him so much.” Throughout the film, Gaetz is repeatedly seen fawning all over Trump, receiving marching orders from the president and delivering near-daily progress reports. When Trump calls him “handsome,” the congressman acts like he’s won the lottery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Nick Schager
Read full article

Spoiler alert: Contrary to his stated intentions, President Donald Trump has not “drained the swamp,” but has in fact amplified D.C. corruption and special-interest power—currently, more than 300 lobbyists have seats in his administration—unseen in modern times. The Swamp understands and exposes this fact, and yet Daniel DiMauro and Morgan Pehme’s HBO documentary (premiering August 4) nonetheless tackles the issue of politics and money via a decidedly wishy-washy look at three of Trump’s staunchest faux-“renegade” GOP congressional acolytes: Colorado’s Ken Buck, Kentucky’s Thomas Massie and Florida’s perpetually sycophantic Matt Gaetz.

It’s Gaetz who’ll likely be best known to viewers, thanks to a series of headline-making (and social media-inflaming) stunts, including tweeting out a not-so-veiled threat to congressional witness (and former Trump attorney) Michael Cohen, and leading a group of rabble-rousing Republicans on a raid of a closed-door impeachment hearing deposition. A perpetual fixture on Fox News, where he parrots Trump talking points in the most extremist fashion imaginable, he’s a young, eager go-getter who’s hitched his post to the current commander-in-chief. That’s certainly the figure depicted by DiMauro and Pehme’s film, which captures him articulating his staunch support in personal phone calls to the president (and is told, in return, “You’re doing fantastic…you’re tough and smart and you have the look”), as well as stating outright “I love him so much.” Throughout the film, Gaetz is repeatedly seen fawning all over Trump, receiving marching orders from the president and delivering near-daily progress reports. When Trump calls him “handsome,” the congressman acts like he’s won the lottery.

Gaetz is a clown in the same mode as @Nolebull813its really a damn shame that both live on the same I-4 corridor as me. Talk about loser neighbors!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, DBP66 said:

I-4 corridor??...aka Red-Neck ally?....;)

Actually, the I-4 corridor is pretty diverse and in recent times has had a huge impact on the elections. South Florida is Democratic, North Florida Republican and Central Florida (I-4 runs from Daytona Beach to Tampa) has played an out sized role in determining the eventual winner. Typically, Orange, and Hillsborough have been Democratic. On the other hand, Volusia, Brevard, Pinellas have been Republican. Osceola is now a swing country as its Hispanic population has grown immensely in the past 20 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually, the I-4 corridor is pretty diverse and in recent times has had a huge impact on the elections. South Florida is Democratic, North Florida Republican and Central Florida (I-4 runs from Daytona Beach to Tampa) has played an out sized role in determining the eventual winner. Typically, Orange, and Hillsborough have been Democratic. On the other hand, Volusia, Brevard, Pinellas have been Republican. Osceola is now a swing country as its Hispanic population has grown immensely in the past 20 years.

it's gets discussed a lot during election season...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Gaetz is a clown in the same mode as @Nolebull813its really a damn shame that both live on the same I-4 corridor as me. Talk about loser neighbors!

You are the one lost’

I’m surprised that ulcers didn’t eat your insides from stress. 

Werent you getting the hell out of Florida anyways? Not moving fast enough. 

Just don’t go to East Tennessee 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Nick Schager
Read full article

You can see the evil filth leaking from his soul looks like a sith lord. 

• Haha 1