Yale racist??

HSFBfan

56 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Y'all got some smart kids on this board.

Some people here must have married well 🤣

53 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

All the Ivies should burn

Daughter laughed at Princeton (thought the school ridiculous / liberal arts lol) and just went SEC...

So  glad she at least has a college campus that is open and teaching classes.

Will probably be at some SEC football games this year LOL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Some people here must have married wel🤣

Daughter laughed at Princeton (thought the school ridiculous / liberal arts lol) and just went SEC...

As very well evident.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Troll said:

Some people here must have married well 🤣

Im supposed to go to Florida vs SOuth Carolina

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Im supposed to go to Florida vs SOuth Carolina

That one is a Florida home game but the dates have not been announced yet...

More worried about if my son will have his senior NCAA season...Finished top ten in Regionals this year, and like your brother and Chad was on track for Nationals as a senior......so far there is no season scheduled 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Troll said:

That one is a Florida game but the dates have not been announced yet...

More worried about if my son will have his senior NCAA season...Finished top ten in Regionals this year, and like your brother and Chad was on track for Nationals as a senior......so far there is no season scheduled 🤷‍♂️

i dont think there is going to be a season from what i understand.

the last i saw florida is supposed to still play south carolina at the swamp on 10/3

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i dont think there is going to be a season from what i understand.

the last i saw florida is supposed to still play south carolina at the swamp on 10/3

There is talk of pushing everything to the spring, including pushing back nationals....would totally suck if he doesn't get his chance.

Dates on the football are in the air as far as I know, They are still picking up games and shuffling was the word.

Thinking or maybe just hoping that things may change a bit after Nov... 

• Like 1

There is talk of pushing everything to the spring, including pushing back nationals....would totally suck if he doesn't get his chance.

Dates on the football are in the air as far as I know, They are still picking up games and shuffling was the word.

Thinking or maybe just hoping that things may change a bit after Nov... 

would absolutely suck after he worked hard to get there

Yes it would....he currently has no place to even train properly....

Probably the same as many athletes, but NJ seems to suck extra hard with the lockdown.

if ur in a  democrat state for the past 5 months as you know ur screwed and they could care less

Just now, HSFBfan said:

if ur in a  democrat state for the past 5 months as you know ur screwed and they could care less

Daughter was shocked this week when she got to campus....It's like totally normal there...people not even wearing masks etc. 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not like that here. 

Just now, Troll said:

Daughter was shocked this week when she got to campus....It's like totally normal there...people not even wearing masks etc. 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not like that here. 

Red states they understand freedom and personal choice

NY NJ run by power hungry politicians that dont want that concept.

Look at Utah right now playing HS football with fans in the stands

49 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Red states they understand freedom and personal choice

NY NJ run by power hungry politicians that dont want that concept.

Look at Utah right now playing HS football with fans in the stands

And look at states like AL and MS, that have more new cases of COVID than New York does every day, and 4-10X the amount of deaths per day New York has.

But you're right, some triple-option team in Kanab is def more important.

51049743.jpg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Yah, the world needs more people like you.

b7945d2be3bdbc6c9d24ae509bd43e53.gif

Have you taken a look at the Ivies lately ???

Not sure about all of them, but the ones I visited had mostly freaky students (most looking and acting like social misfits) working on bullshit degrees....

Word on the street is they are the LAST people you want to hire (for any real working job), need larger adjustments to enter the real world, are less happy than your average student, and usually less content in their jobs etc. when they leave.

I never thought this way until I recently had to check some out...

Princeton looked no better and in the same mold as Evergreen College (WA)

Daughter didn't even bother to apply there(and she applied everywhere) and the school was on her short list since she was in first grade.

My daughter is a smart woman, and I agreed with her assessment.

Your results may vary, but they appear to be independently enabled to go down the wrong path by their own wealth. 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Have you taken a look at the Ivies lately ???

Not sure about all of them, but the ones I visited had mostly freaky students (most looking and acting like social misfits) working on bullshit degrees....

Word on the street is they are the LAST people you want to hire (for any real working job), need larger adjustments to enter the real world, are less happy than your average student, and usually less content in their jobs etc. when they leave.

I never thought this way until I recently had to check some out...

Princeton looked no better and in the same mold as Evergreen College (WA)

Daughter didn't even bother to apply there(and she applied everywhere) and the school was on her short list since she was in first grade.

My daughter is a smart woman, and I agreed with her assessment.

Your results may vary, but they appear to be independently enabled to go down the wrong path by their own wealth. 

I'm not applying to any Ivies this year. Counting on that Georgia Tech admission!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It was on my mind. I doubt it'll make the final cut, but it's definitely a school I'm looking in to.

If you are as good as you seem to be based on your posts, I believe you have a solid shot at going anywhere you want to. So, the trick is to decide what is right for you. I think I know what I am talking about. 

20 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are as good as you seem to be based on your posts, I believe you have a solid shot at going anywhere you want to. So, the trick is to decide what is right for you. I think I know what I am talking about. 

I'm not Ivy material, not that smart. I have a 4.23 GPA at the moment and will have 14 APs done by the end of this year. Getting into colleges like Stanford and Harvard are basically impossible.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm not Ivy material, not that smart. I have a 4.23 GPA at the moment and will have 14 APs done by the end of this year. Getting into colleges like Stanford and Harvard are basically impossible.

I went to Penn many moons ago.  It was hard getting in then, but much harder today. These days no matter what your grades, test scores or APs are, it's basically a crap shoot unless you happen to be one of the lucky who have connections.

As you are a Georgia resident and want to go to Tech, do yourself a favor and apply early admission (as I imagine you are already thinking).  Georgia residents' chances of entry are far, far higher during early admission than they are regular admission.  If I recall correctly, early admission has about a 30% acceptance rate for Georgians that drops into single digits for regular admissions. If you wait until regular admission, then you will find you are competing against all the early admission rejects from the Ivies, Duke, MIT, Vandy etc etc.  These are people who, like you, will still have stellar credentials.

I remember the Tech regular admissions results coming in last year and people with near perfect SATs,  near perfect GPAs, 10+ APs, ridiculous extracurriculars etc were still getting rejected and wait-listed.  The enrollments at these top schools have grown little over the years, while our population has skyrocketed and international student applications have exploded.

"Early Admission"

Learn It, Live It, Love It.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I went to Penn many moons ago.  It was hard getting in then, but much harder today. These days no matter what your grades, test scores or APs are, it's basically a crap shoot unless you happen to be one of the lucky who have connections.

As you are a Georgia resident and want to go to Tech, do yourself a favor and apply early admission (as I imagine you are already thinking).  Georgia residents' chances of entry are far, far higher during early admission than they are regular admission.  If I recall correctly, early admission has about a 30% acceptance rate for Georgians that drops into single digits for regular admissions. If you wait until regular admission, then you will find you are competing against all the early admission rejects from the Ivies, Duke, MIT, Vandy etc etc.  These are people who, like you, will still have stellar credentials.

I remember the Tech regular admissions results coming in last year and people with near perfect SATs,  near perfect GPAs, 10+ APs, ridiculous extracurriculars etc were still getting rejected and wait-listed.  The enrollments at these top schools have grown little over the years, while our population has skyrocketed and international student applications have exploded.

"Early Admission"

Learn It, Live It, Love It.

I'm doing Early Action for UGA and Georgia Tech so far. Apparently, Georgia Tech accepts 40% of in-state students and 16% of out-of-state students. As a junior, I finished some sophomore-level math courses administered by Georgia Tech, so hopefully that helps during application time. Apparently, 95% of people who took that class got into Tech, and I have taken it. Scholarships also help a lot, especially those based off of merits.