Colquitt Loses Four Opponents This Season....

Rufus69

....so far.

Westlake, Cedar Grove, Heritage and Alcovy have left the building due to COVID.  That happens to be 4 home games as well.  There is a rumor...and it's only a rumor...that Milton might come to the rescue for one of the games...but things aren't looking good for the 3 other replacements.

I don't blame HawgGoneIt.

Other people do...but I don't.

I suppose we could play Marietta 4 times instead of once...but they'd hafta come south at least twice.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

35 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

....so far.

Westlake, Cedar Grove, Heritage and Alcovy have left the building due to COVID.  That happens to be 4 home games as well.  There is a rumor...and it's only a rumor...that Milton might come to the rescue for one of the games...but things aren't looking good for the 3 other replacements.

I suppose we could play Marietta 4 times instead of once...but they'd hafta come south at least twice.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Unfortunate. But hey, we'd welcome a trip up to Suwanee! I was looking forward to the Westlake game and I'm a little sad that's cancelled. Cedar Grove would have been fun as well. Milton and Colquitt should provide a nice revenge for the 2018 state championship game.

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Unfortunate. But hey, we'd welcome a trip up to Suwanee! I was looking forward to the Westlake game and I'm a little sad that's cancelled. Cedar Grove would have been fun as well. Milton and Colquitt should provide a nice revenge for the 2018 state championship game.

As you get older and more attuned to sports...you'll come to realize...there's no such thing as a revenge game.

The 2018 Colquitt/Milton game is a thing of the past.  We lost it.  Nothing will make up for it.  Nothing.

If we play in 2020...that game will stand on its on.  Neither the past nor future will impact it.

I mean...it ain't like they're Lowndes.......................

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

As you get older and more attuned to sports...you'll come to realize...there's no such thing as a revenge game.

The 2018 Colquitt/Milton game is a thing of the past.  We lost it.  Nothing will make up for it.  Nothing.

If we play in 2020...that game will stand on its on.  Neither the past nor future will impact it.

I mean...it ain't like they're Lowndes.......................

Rufus>>

So the 2018 North Gwinnett-Colquitt game didn't even slightly make up for the 2017 game? And boy, playing Valdosta and Lowndes sure isn't fun.

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So the 2018 North Gwinnett-Colquitt game didn't even slightly make up for the 2017 game? And boy, playing Valdosta and Lowndes sure isn't fun.

To answer your question...did the 45-0 beatdown of North Gwinnett in 2018 make up for the 19-17 loss to them in the 2017 State Championship game?

HELL NO to the "Nth" degree....

You should know that.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

He’s right sparky!  Nothing “makes up” for a missed opportunity. Especially when it’s a state championship. 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

To answer your question...did the 45-0 beatdown of North Gwinnett in 2018 make up for the 19-17 loss to them in the 2017 State Championship game?

HELL NO to the "Nth" degree....

You should know that.

Rufus>>

Alrighty then. In the week leading up that game, I heard a lot of chatter that it was a "revenge game" (with a little influence from the Moultrie Observer). And the victory seemed satisfying enough to warrant a "revenge gotten" status.

But I guess not.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Alrighty then. In the week leading up that game, I heard a lot of chatter that it was a "revenge game" (with a little influence from the Moultrie Observer). And the victory seemed satisfying enough to warrant a "revenge gotten" status.

But I guess not.

Lemme ask you something. What’s more important, a state title or the first preseason game of the year? 

You’re smarter than this. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Lemme ask you something. What’s more important, a state title or the first preseason game of the year? 

You’re smarter than this. 

Obviously the preseason game. What kind of question is that? It seems to be the only thing my school has success in anyways.

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Then you answered your own question. It isn’t a revenge game. Thanks 

But the North Gwinnett-Colquitt game was a playoff game in 2018. It was the quarterfinals and they destroyed us, 45-0. You can't possibly think that revenge wasn't on their minds after what happened in 2017.

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

....so far.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Milton is Fulton county. Pretty sure they're also a big...NAH! 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I guess that does open the door for them to fill a game somewhere as their season is in turmoil due to starting later than other teams. 

Won't that affect playoffs though? They have to start two weeks late but can't give up their bye weeks. So that definitely has to affect playoffs. 

Just now, ngdawg said:

Won't that affect playoffs though? They have to start two weeks late but can't give up their bye weeks. So that definitely has to affect playoffs. 

I feel like it does. Idk. It's part of the reason I have been so wishy washy about a season at all. Not sure how we can honestly have a meaningful season with so many different types of takes on what should be done. 

Seems like leadership is pretty willy nilly tbh. No way to have a true legit champ this year with so many teams opting out or playing less games or whatever other number of different angles can be found to nit pick. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I feel like it does. Idk. It's part of the reason I have been so wishy washy about a season at all. Not sure how we can honestly have a meaningful season with so many different types of takes on what should be done. 

Seems like leadership is pretty willy nilly tbh. No way to have a true legit champ this year with so many teams opting out or playing less games or whatever other number of different angles can be found to nit pick. 

I don't think we've had any true championship-caliber teams drop out yet. We could have definitely had better leadership and I honestly think it would have been better to start playing in August. Now, there's just too many scheduling issues and problems with dates and times for a season to happen. Giant asterisk to follow.

I doubt we'll get through 2 weeks before it gets cancelled. For that reason alone, I think I'm going to watch every game on the Saturday of Corky Kell in person. Our band canceled all away games, which sucks.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I don't think we've had any true championship-caliber teams drop out yet. We could have definitely had better leadership and I honestly think it would have been better to start playing in August. Now, there's just too many scheduling issues and problems with dates and times for a season to happen. Giant asterisk to follow.

I doubt we'll get through 2 weeks before it gets cancelled. For that reason alone, I think I'm going to watch every game on the Saturday of Corky Kell in person. Our band canceled all away games, which sucks.

Funny that it will have an asterisk beside it. Kind of favors a rudimentary drawing of a coronavirus cell. * 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Funny that it will have an asterisk beside it. Kind of favors a rudimentary drawing of a coronavirus cell. * 

Well then it would be accurate. Wish that this virus would just go away, but we all know it won't do that. Guess we just have to wait until Friday to see Alabam teams in action. That's the first real state of football action.

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No way to have a true legit champ this year

Disagree.  The champ will be the champ of those that played.  If the competition is not the same as "normal" it doesn't matter.  They suited up, faced the challenges they had, and persevered.  Especially this year that will count for something.

• Like 3