Colquitt Loses Four Opponents This Season....

Rufus69

34 minutes ago, Fred said:

Disagree.  The champ will be the champ of those that played.  If the competition is not the same as "normal" it doesn't matter.  They suited up, faced the challenges they had, and persevered.  Especially this year that will count for something.

I see arguments in the future whereas some teams manage to finish the regular season with 10 games and others with 4 or 6 or 8. These arguments would have merit due to possibility of attrition being much greater for the teams having a full schedule. 

If the champ from whatever class didn't have a full schedule then there would be naysayers. 

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I see arguments in the future whereas some teams manage to finish the regular season with 10 games and others with 4 or 6 or 8. These arguments would have merit due to possibility of attrition being much greater for the teams having a full schedule. 

If the champ from whatever class didn't have a full schedule then there would be naysayers. 

Hearing statewide that alot of schools are starting to back out of games... 

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Milton is Fulton county. Pretty sure they're also a big...NAH! 

I was thinking they could take our Homecoming game.  They do have connections you know...(Smile).

Fulton has delayed their start till September 14th.  Homecoming is October 23rd.

But...who the hell really knows?

Tick...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I was thinking they could take our Homecoming game.  They do have connections you know...(Smile).

Fulton has delayed their start till September 14th.  Homecoming is October 23rd.

But...who the hell really knows?

Tick...LOL.

Rufus>>

I think they may have had a need due to their schedule shift, which could have made it possible for them to fill one of our vacated dates. 

Gonna be a messy year I think.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think they may have had a need due to their schedule shift, which could have made it possible for them to fill one of our vacated dates. 

Gonna be a messy year I think.

If things don't start going on the up and up soon we won't have any sports at all... 

Again... 

It'll be back to watching Korean Baseball.... 

Which wasn't bad tbh... 

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's always either Marietta, Grayson or Lowndes' fault. Occasionally before Bullet Bob left for Camden, it was North Gwinnett or Brookwood's fault. 

Bullet Bob? Nice nickname. He turned our program around completely. We had no 10 win seasons from 1958 to 2004 and then he came and we've never had a losing season since. He's the spark we needed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m late to party but are you making up any of these cancellations. Do you see transfers because y’all won’t have a full schedule 

I think they're working on it. Rumor has it that Milton fills one spot so that moves us to needing 3 games apparently. 

I doubt we see any transfers out over this, but, who knows really? I think the kids that wanted to leave and had the wherewithal to do so already did. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

....so far.

Westlake, Cedar Grove, Heritage and Alcovy have left the building due to COVID.  That happens to be 4 home games as well.  There is a rumor...and it's only a rumor...that Milton might come to the rescue for one of the games...but things aren't looking good for the 3 other replacements.

I don't blame HawgGoneIt.

Other people do...but I don't.

I suppose we could play Marietta 4 times instead of once...but they'd hafta come south at least twice.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Welcome to Covid-19 football!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's always either Marietta, Grayson or Lowndes' fault. Occasionally before Bullet Bob left for Camden, it was North Gwinnett or Brookwood's fault. 

You left out Camden while Jeff was there.  As an aside, I still find it humorous that Grayson record was 1-1 against Jeff.

13 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Well then it would be accurate. Wish that this virus would just go away, but we all know it won't do that. Guess we just have to wait until Friday to see Alabam teams in action. That's the first real state of football action.

Lol. I’d take Utah’s top 5 every year to play bama’s top five and let the chips fall. The Poly kids ain’t no joke. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I blame Marietta....

Rufus>>

Won’t that be a hoot if you have to live with another year of Marietta being the “defending” champion?!?

Honestly though rufus, you get it. That’s why I don’t bomb you about Marietta being SC. Your team didn’t win it so you don’t have a lot to say about it from that standpoint. If you aren’t the champion you’re sucking hind tit. Now would I rather finish second than twelfth? Of course. But if I’m not the champion somebody gets to hold it over me. 

I blame Marietta too, for what it’s worth! Gotta be somebody’s fault, so it just as well be ours. Besides, we seem to do better as the villain. 

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Never mind. Retreat, retreat!

this team has three or four high end players but they are loaded with FCS guys going to schools like Colgate, Princeton, and Nova so their depth is again solid.

big argument is over who is better at their position; Marv Harrison Jr or Jeremiah Trotter Jr.   Both really really good at what they do!