Bosco guys

sausmann9

Where is your game-day go to for a good meal?  I just had lunch for the very first time at Roxannes and it was EXCELLENT!!!  That freakin' train scared the hell out of me though, lol.  Never ate there before a game, usually ended up at Shananigans (Shannon Rose, lol) or the Mason Jar.  What other places good to go???  How about Kneilchy's (sp?).

14 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Where is your game-day go to for a good meal?  I just had lunch for the very first time at Roxannes and it was EXCELLENT!!!  That freakin' train scared the hell out of me though, lol.  Never ate there before a game, usually ended up at Shananigans (Shannon Rose, lol) or the Mason Jar.  What other places good to go???  How about Kneilchy's (sp?).

Mason jars exist in North Jersey?

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2020 at 9:06 PM, sausmann9 said:

Either kinchleys or Shannon rose 

Used to be Biggies 

• Like 1

I always wanted to stop at Brady’s station Irish pub , don’t know who else has been there 

for at joes I’d say Hearth and tap or Daveys Irish pub ☘️ 

• Like 1

Are these game-day meals for college, NFL, or high school games?

• Confused 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:06 PM, sausmann9 said:

try the lobster ravioli at Roxannes..it's awesome. The Shannon Rose has a good game day crowd and it's walking distance,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Don Bosco Prep HIGH SCHOOL

University of Don Bosco closed down years ago 

Don Bosco of the NFL closed due to bankruptcy

;)

Oh, I guess I misunderstood. I thought this was just general, not specifically aimed at Bosco. The title implied, but I thought that it veered a little off-track to talk generally.

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I always wanted to stop at Brady’s station Irish pub , don’t know who else has been there 

for at joes I’d say Hearth and tap or Daveys Irish pub ☘️ 

Way back in the day, Daveys Irish pub in Montvale was named Davey's Locker, after the owner at the time Peter Davey.  I used to frequent it often, and played on one of their darts teams.  Pretty cool place.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

you also might want to check out the Dog House Saloon & Grill on Pascack Road in Washington Township, pretty convenient for both Joe's and Bosco.  I think back in the '80s this was a bar called the Harmony House, and they had absolutely the best cheeseburgers I've ever had.  From the reviews I read today, it sounds like it still has great grub, including barbeque these days.  Note: it also sounds like it has the same ambiance as the Harmony House, i.e., this is NOT a fine dining establishment.  Wear your best shabbiest game day threads.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, taojoe said:

you also might want to check out the Dog House Saloon & Grill on Pascack Road in Washington Township, pretty convenient for both Joe's and Bosco.  I think back in the '80s this was a bar called the Harmony House, and they had absolutely the best cheeseburgers I've ever had.  From the reviews I read today, it sounds like it still has great grub, including barbeque these days.  Note: it also sounds like it has the same ambiance as the Harmony House, i.e., this is NOT a fine dining establishment.  Wear your best shabbiest game day threads.

I was going to treat you to a burger and coke at the Mason Jar if I made it that one time for the Bergen game.

• Like 1