#7 Grayson @ #66 Colquitt County

HawgGoneIt

I'm sure the Colquitt ranking will adjust between now and Monday, but for right now, today on CalPreps those are the ratings. 

Colquitt won the coin toss to get Grayson in Moultrie which was a small victory in and of itself, as the coin hasn't been really friendly to us. 

Grayson is likely out-talenting Colquitt, and the coaching is superb there as well. Going to be a must see game for sure. Anyone give Colquitt much of a chance at all in this one? 

11 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I do like Colquitt's chances and the fact that it is in Moultrie is huge. I'm still not sold Herron will win it in his first year at Grayson. This is a game I really want to see. Is there a stream?

I don't see it. This would be a Bosco STA upset if it took place. 

Grayson wins but Rush makes a game of it like Toal would. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson looks to be peaking at the right time... they are in good shape.

The Mill Creek @ McEachern game will be a dandy also.

Grayson and Colquitt are both peaking right now. That's why I mention this game even though Colquitt is pretty much dead in the national rankings. 

I think Mill Creek is going to demolish McEachern. 

9 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

What are the in state rankings? I know they have 4 losses, but if you are in GA, you have to think CC has a serious chance to win it all so long as they are in. 

If we are asking me for my in state ranking:

1) Grayson

2)Mill Creek

3) Colquitt

Entering the playoffs, ScoreAtl had it:

1. Grayson (9-1)

2. Roswell (10-0)

3. Mill Creek (10-0)

4. McEachern (9-1)

5. Norcross (10-0) Lost to non top 5 Lowndes Friday night. 

6. Colquitt County (6-4)

GPB had it:

1. Grayson (9 - 1)
2. Mill Creek (10 - 0)
3. Roswell (10 - 0)
4. Norcross (10 - 0) again, Lost to #7 Lowndes Friday night. 
5. McEachern (9 - 1)
6. Colquitt County (5 - 4)

Echo said:

This is dumb as shit...
they beat Mill Creek last year 52-31... this year they lost to them 34-27
last year they beat Roswell 30-13... this year they lost to them 34-3

I literally just proved you completely wrong.

i cant believe how well you think you know GA. Its unreal. you are as wrong here, as anyone has eve rbeen wrong about anything.

Lowndes... would smack every single team in NJ this year into the dirt.

in fact, this year... Im certain every team in our top 10 would... been that kinda year. thats ALL you need to be concerned with.

Those were post season games, princess and they were last years teams not this years teams. 

hope this helps!

Edited by noonereal

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If we are asking me for my in state ranking:

1) Grayson

2)Mill Creek

3) Colquitt

Entering the playoffs, ScoreAtl had it:

1. Grayson (9-1)

2. Roswell (10-0)

3. Mill Creek (10-0)

4. McEachern (9-1)

5. Norcross (10-0) Lost to non top 5 Lowndes Friday night. 

6. Colquitt County (6-4)

GPB had it:

1. Grayson (9 - 1)
2. Mill Creek (10 - 0)
3. Roswell (10 - 0)
4. Norcross (10 - 0) again, Lost to #7 Lowndes Friday night. 
5. McEachern (9 - 1)
6. Colquitt County (5 - 4)

why are so many teams undefeated in state? :D

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

why are so many teams undefeated in state? :D

HA! 

Well what had happened was...

Honestly, it's hard to say how Mill Creek would have fared with Colquitt's schedule. Even Grayson for that matter. Roswell would have done well with the Colquitt's schedule as they were for real early on... if they played those teams that Colquitt did early now though, not sure how they'd fare. They looked to be the class of the state early on and then they kind of planed out. Colquitt and Grayson have been on a steady incline as Mill Creek  has just looked impressive with an in state schedule. 

Tough to figure out Mill Creek for someone not seeing them in person, but they are legit. They may not have earned it on the national scene, but they are for real.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, and as I mentioned in the OP, the CP ratings are adjusting in real time and Colquitt is now 68 and Roswell 66. Kind of fits what I just mentioned about Roswell planing out as Colquitt has been on the rise as well. 

Peaking coming into the playoffs is exactly what a team needs to do in Georgia. Especially a young team like Colquitt.

Roswell played from the number 1 position in state, and it's a difficult thing to find that extra something you need as a player first, if you are already "king of the mountain." 

• Like 1

I posted this on DJs site but it appears gone for now...but...

I noticed that 7 of the 8 teams left in the 7A bracket are in GAs overall Top 10 at CP...

1. Grayson (plays #5)

2. Mill Creek (plays #6)

4. Roswell (plays #10)

5. Colquitt Co (plays #1)

6. McEachern (plays #2)

7. Lowndes (plays #29 overall, Westlake)

10. North Cobb (plays #4)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I posted this on DJs site but it appears gone for now...but...

I noticed that 7 of the 8 teams left in the 7A bracket are in GAs overall Top 10 at CP...

1. Grayson (plays #5)

2. Mill Creek (plays #6)

4. Roswell (plays #10)

5. Colquitt Co (plays #1)

6. McEachern (plays #2)

7. Lowndes (plays #29 overall, Westlake)

10. North Cobb (plays #4)

DJ's site is up and down. Screwy man. I think it's pretty much done, and hate losing all that archived stuff more than anything. 

I'm thinking that Cal Preps is closing on having the overall in state rankings pretty correct. 

Their instate rankings look pretty good.

The national rankings will never be that accurate because of insufficient connecting data... the states are on a predetermined scale and while the teams can move up and down, the state isnt moving so Georgia has a limit on the success its teams can have.

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

The grayson Colquitt game the semis? 

Whos left on other side of bracket mill creek and ? 

Nah, quarterfinals. 

10-1 Grayson (#2 at 7-4 Colquitt

12-0 Mill Creek (#3) at 10-1 McEachern (#4)

thats the loaded side of the bracket. 

on the other end, 

9-2 Lowndes at 9-3 Westlake 

10-2 North Cobb at 12-0 Roswell (#1) 

• Like 1

Lowndes may be the hottest team in all of Georgia offensively. They are steam rolling people on that side of the ball. 

They have a loss to 6A #1 Valdosta in the season opener and hard fought loss at Colquitt (42-35) 

Lowndes scored 92 in the first playoff game and just put a beat down on an undefeated Norcross team on the road over 250 miles from Lowndes. Game was 43-7 at one point. Just ugly. Norcross got Norcross'd  

Roswell will have a serious test next week in the semi finals if those two meet up 

Edited by ATLien12x

10 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Lowndes may be the hottest team in all of Georgia offensively. They are steam rolling people on that side of the ball. 

They have a loss to 6A #1 Valdosta in the season opener and hard fought loss at Colquitt (42-35) 

Lowndes scored 92 in the first playoff game and just put a beat down on an undefeated Norcross team on the road over 250 miles from Lowndes. Game was 43-7 at one point. Just ugly. Norcross got Norcross'd  

Roswell will have a serious test next week in the semi finals if those two meet up 

But who have they played? see how that works? 

They played 2 100ish teamsand have two losses. 

What happens when they play a team like Grayson? 

We see this every year in NJ and so pay no attention to teams like this. Why you guys do is beyond me. 

They're playing their best football right now. The gap between Grayson and Lowndes isn't that significant. 

Lowndes lost to Colquitt in Moultrie 42-35 in a hard fought battle that went down to the end. And they're now playing their best football at the right time. 

We can compare/contrast next weekend when Grayson travels down south. I never said Lowndes should be ranked. I just said they're one of the hottest offenses in the state of Georgia and that can't be disputed 

On 11/19/2016 at 9:54 PM, PrepGridiron said:

What are the in state rankings? I know they have 4 losses, but if you are in GA, you have to think CC has a serious chance to win it all so long as they are in. 

HOWEVER, those losses were to three nationally ranked teams, with the four having a cumulative record of 37-1!