Valdosta Chatter

MTP28

38 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yes I absolutely do. 

I like Nix too. His son looked good against Hoover at times, don’t understand why they kept switching quarterbacks. Central has a lot of talent. They should win a lot of games and if they don’t that falls on Nix

Swapping QBs hurt them in the 2nd half vs Hoover.  I think they did a 2 qb system in the game vs Eufaula.  Central looked a little out of shape in the 2nd half vs Hoover. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Colquitt just let their guard down. But Parkview really impressed me in that second half. This is the make-or-break year for the Panthers. They've got North Gwinnett and Grayson on their schedule, so that'll be fun.

If by "let their guard down" you mean "quit" then you would be mostly correct. xD

• Haha 2

I think Valdosta/WR game will be close.   WR may be the victor at the end.  Brand new system being installed takes a while.  If Valdosta loses Friday, it wouldn't surprise me.  It will take teams a whole season to gain what they lost with no spring and summer.  Add a new coach and scheme to the fix makes it even harder.  I remember Rush's first year at Colquitt.  He won like 4 or 5 regular season games and then  went deep in the playoffs.  

I think Lowndes will have a little tougher game on their hand than many think.  They are talented but they also have new coaches and a new scheme.  As smit stated earlier, Brown is a very athletic QB.  He throws great on the run.  I think Dubose offense is suited more for a pocket passer.  We shall see.  If Lowndes can get over the learning curve quickly, they are going to be hard to stop.  They have the talent.  As they should with that many kids to pull from.  I see Lowndes back in the title game against Grayson, barring any injuries.

One thing I know, its football season.  Hope we get to play all the way through.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wildcat3 said:

I think Valdosta/WR game will be close.   WR may be the victor at the end.  Brand new system being installed takes a while.  If Valdosta loses Friday, it wouldn't surprise me.  It will take teams a whole season to gain what they lost with no spring and summer.  Add a new coach and scheme to the fix makes it even harder.  I remember Rush's first year at Colquitt.  He won like 4 or 5 regular season games and then  went deep in the playoffs.  

I think Lowndes will have a little tougher game on their hand than many think.  They are talented but they also have new coaches and a new scheme.  As smit stated earlier, Brown is a very athletic QB.  He throws great on the run.  I think Dubose offense is suited more for a pocket passer.  We shall see.  If Lowndes can get over the learning curve quickly, they are going to be hard to stop.  They have the talent.  As they should with that many kids to pull from.  I see Lowndes back in the title game against Grayson, barring any injuries.

One thing I know, its football season.  Hope we get to play all the way through.

There is a difference between Rush coming to Colquitt than coming to Valdosta. Colquitt was in shambles with little talent even showing up to play... This rendition of Valdosta was not a bare cupboard before getting all the high profile transfers. 

I agree it takes a while to install the scheme, but, with the amount of high profile talent there, backyard ball should be pretty good against most teams. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is a difference between Rush coming to Colquitt than coming to Valdosta. Colquitt was in shambles with little talent even showing up to play... This rendition of Valdosta was not a bare cupboard before getting all the high profile transfers. 

I agree it takes a while to install the scheme, but, with the amount of high profile talent there, backyard ball should be pretty good against most teams. 

I agree 100%.  I am just looking at a QB that has been in the system for 2 weeks against a stout WR defense.  Should be fun to watch.  Now, if Valdosta stays healthy, they will be tough come year end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hoover was a complete mess when Rush was hired. Had 45-50 on the team and were a 3-7 team. No workout program lost to Vestavia several years in a row. 

• Like 1