2020 BNU Season Preview

NJSportsfan10

One month from today the BNU will kickoff for football (thank god). With that I think it’s time to take a look into what each team has for the 20 season. I think this looks to be one of the most exciting years for north jersey football as each of the parochial has a lot to be excited about. Please feel free to add to this as you see fit. Maybe PJR can give his insight, always enjoyed reading his previews.  

BC: should have some serious Star Power on both sides of the ball, with Angeli and Butler at QB and RB and Malone and Gould at DT and CB. Overall I’m really excited to see watch how BC plays as they faulted down the stretch last year.

SJR: With the Top Oline and RB recruits in the state, I think everyone will know how joes will want to play. Add in Monte at LB on defense and I think joes will have one of the most balanced teams in the BNU. Really curious to see who will emerge as the starting QB.

DBP: Bosco for the first time in a while will have a experienced group on the offensive line which should help senior QB Robbins. IF Bosco can find a suitable replacement for Berger and Monagai they could be dangerous on offense. Defensively the front 7 should stout but the defensive secondary is my biggest question for Bosco going into this year. 

SPP: the defending state champs have a lot of talent back in 2020 with Bullock at QB and Rooks on Defense. Peters is my #1 team going into the year as they just have talent players all over their team. As always it will be interesting to see how peters matches up with the Bergen county powers .

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@imaGoodBoyNowPJR took our advice and asked about transfers for once! 

Well in joes defense we aren’t hitting it big with transfers at all, definitely gonna be a lot of JV kids last year stepping it up, lost a few of our talented freshmen who transferred to Bosco and red bank this year

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, NJSportsfan10 said:

DBP: Bosco for the first time in a while will have a experienced group on the offensive line which should help senior QB Robbins. IF Bosco can find a suitable replacement for Berger and Monagai they could be dangerous on offense. Defensively the front 7 should stout but the defensive secondary is my biggest question for Bosco going into this year. 

looking at PJR's review, Bosco, except on the OL, doesn't seem to have a lot of size this year, especially at WR & DB.  That plus inexperience at several position groups will be their potential Achilles heel.

5 minutes ago, taojoe said:

looking at PJR's review, Bosco, except on the OL, doesn't seem to have a lot of size this year, especially at WR & DB.  That plus inexperience at several position groups will be their potential Achilles heel.

I would argue actually that DBP has pretty good size everywhere except at WR and CB which doesn’t necessitate being 6’4 and 225 pounds. But I would agree that the defensive secondary is DBPs biggest question mark going into the season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Other than BCs Rahmir Johnson, I don't think any other bnu ballers from the 5 boroughs have ever been major, impact players. I may be wrong, though. 

Sal from Bergen, Cam stud Bosco soph, sherm alston, quany DT from Paramus Catholic, myles from PC... there has been a lot

• Thanks 1

anyone have any dates on these matchups or are they still in flex mode going week to week??? 

PA has a meeting tomorrow for PIAA sports and to vote on allowing a certain number of fans into the games.  As of now, no fans/parents are allowed in.  coaches, trainers, band, cheer team, and players only.  hopefully tomorrow changes things.