Georgia HS Football Week 4

ngdawg

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Alrighty, time to discuss the big games and what to watch for. Dig in!

I've got Colquitt over Valdosta 34-31 and Brookwood over Mill Creek 27-20.

I picked Colquitt to win over the weekend long before the Garcia deal came out. I have a slight feeling today that counting Valdosta out might be a mistake.  I wondering how good Colquitt's defense is. Valdosta has 2 games 1 good team and 1 average Colquitt has played 1 bad team. Is Colquitt's front 7 better than or as good as Warner Robins?

I think 28-31 points wins the game.  You made a good pick ngdawg.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I picked Colquitt to win over the weekend long before the Garcia deal came out. I have a slight feeling today that counting Valdosta out might be a mistake.  I wondering how good Colquitt's defense is. Valdosta has 2 games 1 good team and 1 average Colquitt has played 1 bad team. Is Colquitt's front 7 better than or as good as Warner Robins?

I think 28-31 points wins the game.  You made a good pick ngdawg.  

I picked this game two days ago, and I hadn't heard about this situation. I see a good bit of offensive talent for both teams, so I decided to pick relatively high on the score. I think a lot of people are underestimating Colquitt. I mean, you can't judge Colquitt as eh based on a 51 point victory only. It shows more of dominance than lack of excessive scoring to me. I think Colquitt gets it done. But also remember Valdosta won last year against Colquitt, so anything can happen.

I took Mill Creek over Brookwood. Idk why though. 

I'm going with the homer pick in the Colquitt game. I wouldn't bet any hard earned dollars on it, but, feel like Colquitt should win. 

Everyone knows that this game is important for both coaching staffs. Rogers needs it to slay the dragon and step out of the shadow of his predecessor a bit. Losing to Valdosta (6A) two years in a row will be tough to swallow. Rush wants it to toss egg in the face of the Colquitt administration which many think did him a disservice and to put that feather in his cap of knocking off his old program and his predecessor at Valdosta who is the DC at Colquitt now. Can't forget that Valdosta's previous coach is the DC at Colquitt now and would love to put a hurt on the Cats to show them what they lost when they let him go. 

Both programs fan bases have been somewhat split over the coaching changes at the two schools just a year apart. Both new coaches need the win to help bring the fan bases along onto their wagon. A win won't make everything all better, but, it will damned sure be a major step in doing so. 

I have to go with Rogers and Rodemaker by... 17! xD 

I'd love for it to be Colquitt by 17, but, I don't think it will. Rush will pull out all the stops. The trick plays. The wildcat formation. The game will be close probably. The Colquitt kicker wants his shank back from last week. He may be the difference. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Calpreps is usually good at projecting matchups. It predicted NG win against McEachern by 27 and they won by 28. They predicted we win against Parkview by 20 and we won by 21.

But this is just too far...1959355906_Screenshot_20200925-122213_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.457e1bb1f9c41a9404d35908cb8f0166.jpg

If we scores 13 on anyone dubose will get booted 

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, ngdawg said:

Alrighty, time to discuss the big games and what to watch for. Dig in!

I've got Colquitt over Valdosta 34-31 and Brookwood over Mill Creek 27-20.

Finally buying in on Brookwood I see. I agree with the Pick. Valdosta over CQ in a close game (with or without Garcia). Lowndes over Lee by double digits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiagator1 said:

Finally buying in on Brookwood I see. I agree with the Pick. Valdosta over CQ in a close game (with or without Garcia). Lowndes over Lee by double digits.

I am not fully sold on Brookwood, as I have them ranked 9th in 7A. A win here would make them for real in my mind.