Ohio Week 6 *COVID Edition*

Coletrain06

1nSt Edward vs Benedictine 

Eds hammered Bishop Sycamore, scoring big early and often...........Benedictine lost 31-24 to Hoban earlier in the year. But then got beat by 3+ scores by Massillon and Austintown Fitch. Not sure how to read Benedictine, but I would expect Eds to prevail.

St Xavier vs St Ignatius

X smashed Moeller last week 43-14. The Bombers have played good defense all year and have a very capable offense. If they could get a good run game together, they'd be an easy favorite to win their region and beyond...........Iggy lost a close 21-14 game against Massillon. Iggys defensive front is pretty solid. Their offense will struggle against good defenses.....I look for X to win a close game.

Elder vs Cathedral IN

Elder has looked pretty good at times; less so at other times. Their offense is pretty good, and their defense is their weakness, per the usual arrangement.

This is probably the best Cathedral team. Theyve already beat St. X and La Salle, and id look for them to add Elder to that list.

Colerain vs Hamilton 

Colerains defense gave up very little again in their 21-7 victory. The lone Sycamore score was the result of a returned kickoff. On the season through 5 games, the Cards Defense has given up a total of 175 yards rushing on 137 attempts = 1.3 ypc. The Colerain offense has been.making improvements, but still the OLine is so small, it will be hard for them against any team with a solid Defensive front.

Hamilton beat Mason 12-7 last week. Hamilton's 2 losses on the season are to Lakota West, and to Princeton on a last second TD. Hamilton has 2 very good RB's and are capable of moving the ball through the air too. This will be a challenge for Colerain. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I left the Colerain game at half. At the Montgomery Inn now wining and dining! 

Montgomery inn? I would of went to Carlos and Johnny... just saying. I live out here now but I’m from the east coast. Grew up in philly and south jersey. Still have a house in ocean city. Was never impressed with Montgomery inn 

3 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

Montgomery inn? I would of went to Carlos and Johnny... just saying. I live out here now but I’m from the east coast. Grew up in philly and south jersey. Still have a house in ocean city. Was never impressed with Montgomery inn 

PGL budget per night is only $19.99 so Montgomery Inn it is 😀

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

Agreed. It is a Cincinnati staple, and the boathouse is a great location, but the bbq is just ok. Went to Memphis and was blown away by how much better the bbq eas everywhere. 

Carlos and Johnnys is probably the best restaurant in Cincy for high quality food.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I left the Colerain game at half. At the Montgomery Inn now wining and dining! 

Is that where Lord Xenu is sending the spaceship to take you to the scammers home planet?

But before you hop on the galactic cult express, why don’t you drive an hour and a half north and visit your other client, Bishop Sycamore High School, at their beautiful non-existent campus at their fake address?   Being such a good client and all, I’m sure they’d roll out the welcome mat and let you stay in the same luxury accommodations where the team stays . . . well, before they were all evicted, anyway,

Safe travels, scammer pimp!

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

How come you guys never talk about 5-0 Lakota West?.....

I would have this week, but too busy. Usually try to pick close games/semi nationally relevant matchups.7

Lakota West very similar to Colerain.......very good defense, offense ok.

Difference is Lakota West is pretty big on the Line probably 260-280 avg.......Colerain around 220 avg across OLine. 

59 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I would have this week, but too busy. Usually try to pick close games/semi nationally relevant matchups.7

Lakota West very similar to Colerain.......very good defense, offense ok.

Difference is Lakota West is pretty big on the Line probably 260-280 avg.......Colerain around 220 avg across OLine. 

Well it’s simply we don’t know for sure where anyone stands against covid. Usually week 1 & 2 most teams will play out of league or state before getting into there league games. This year was straight league games on limited practice and basically no preseason. So it’s hard to compare to where anyone really is. This goes for the whole state of Ohio. I can’t compare the week one Colerain/west vs 7 games later. Covid put a shank into the whole system. If ball continues to play, I hope so... then will see

9 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Agreed. It is a Cincinnati staple, and the boathouse is a great location, but the bbq is just ok. Went to Memphis and was blown away by how much better the bbq eas everywhere. 

Carlos and Johnnys is probably the best restaurant in Cincy for high quality food.

Montgomery's BBQ as a whole does not stand up to what you will get in the BBQ haven's of KC, Memphis, Texas, Carolina's, etc., but dame do I love their sauce. Great blend between the sweet of KC style BBQ and the tang of Memphis/Carolina style. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching the Colerain/Hamilton game. Both teams kept it very vanilla with basically straight handoffs most of the game, and burning through the clock. Both teams seemed to be playing it safe for the playoffs next week, since this game meant nothing other than pride. 

How did a lot of the other teams approach this week, given that the playoff brackets and opponents were already released?

2 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Montgomery's BBQ as a whole does not stand up to what you will get in the BBQ haven's of KC, Memphis, Texas, Carolina's, etc., but dame do I love their sauce. Great blend between the sweet of KC style BBQ and the tang of Memphis/Carolina style. 

One of my favorite sauces in that blended style of sweet and tangy is from Calhouns down in Gatlinburg. 

The best Ribs Ive ever had were the dry rubbed ribs at Rendezvous in Memphis. 

The 2nd best were the wet ribs from Blues City Cafe in Memphis.

Had some real good ones in Carolina too.

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Guys, After last night is Lakota West officially the best team in the Cincy area? 

All remains to be seen. IMO Cincy area....

1. St. X

La Salle has been playing without 4 RB/LB Payne. If they get him back, I would put La Salle at #2

3. Elder / Lakota West/Winton Woods

4. Colerain/Princeton/Hamilton

5. Mason/Lakota East