Official Welsh Thread 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

ChimpGrip

10 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

anyone watch the video?

Yep. Looked good.

My wife and I have been looking at the Scottish long hikes, where you "ramble on gloomy days" for 10-20 miles a day and end up in some different country Inn each night, until you travel the 75-100 mile length of the entire trail (West Highland Way, and Great Glen Way are 2 of the most popular, but there are about 30 of them up in Scotland). Good chance running into William Wallace or Rob Roy. Good guys, I heard.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Yep. Looked good.

My wife and I have been looking at the Scottish long hikes, where you "ramble on gloomy days" for 10-20 miles a day and end up in some different country Inn each night, until you travel the 75-100 mile length of the entire trail (West Highland Way, and Great Glen Way are 2 of the most popular, but there are about 30 of them up in Scotland). Good chance running into William Wallace or Rob Roy. Good guys, I heard.

Such beautiful country in the rural UK. I'm a sucker for stone cottages in the rolling hills and misty mountains of Wales. 

The trip to a different Inn every night sounds fun, post on here your experience if you decide to do that. I bet there's a lot of old, historic Inn's you'll see along the way.

21 hours ago, Bormio said:

The Welsh do massed choirs better than anyone else, and the language is beautiful.  And they LOVE beating the English in rugby.

Haven't seen the choir but will look it up. And yes the language is fascinating, I've been trying to learn it but there are few resources. I know some basic phrases and can count to 10. Also the man with the strongest hands in the world resides in Wales (and is Welsh of course). Would love to own a Welsh cottage one day as a fall getaway to take my family to. 

Have you been to the UK before?

6 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Haven't seen the choir but will look it up. And yes the language is fascinating, I've been trying to learn it but there are few resources. I know some basic phrases and can count to 10. Also the man with the strongest hands in the world resides in Wales (and is Welsh of course). Would love to own a Welsh cottage one day as a fall getaway to take my family to. 

Have you been to the UK before?

No I have not.  But I would like to go - not so much to see London, but more the countryside.  Also the historical sites in London would be fascinating as well.

• Like 1