Georgia HSFB Scoreboard week 12

TheMaximumHornetSting

16 minutes ago, Fred said:

When we were there, I could see that the Hawg Pund was predominately black but it didn't look 100% to me.  Personally, I can't see well enough across the field to see if the home side was.  I really doubt it though.  IT just doesn't make sense.  I know everybody sits everywhere at our stadium.  I know where I sit for our games there is a mixture of folks and we all get along and we all have a good time and we all talk back and forth.  It's why I sit there.  If anything, I tend to stick out due to my mass of white hair and maybe not epic but substantial white beard.  I know when we went to Colquitt in 2016 I personally saw a couple of water bottles tossed at our band by Colquitt fans but there are jerks everywhere and Colquitt was having a really bad night.  I was more concerned about the activity than the race of the fans.  I have no idea if they were black, white, green or purple.  I don't really care for those stadiums like Valdosta where home season ticket holders are spread through the visitor section.  Depending on the rivalries, that can be a recipe for trouble.

Overall, people tend to sit with their friends, many to most of whom are often of the same race.  That doesn't mean it is segregation.  It means they are with their friends.  It becomes segregation when it is declared or institutionalized.

My deal here is terminology. If people want to be honest and say it's predominantly black in the Hawg Pound, I'll totally agree and wholeheartedly at that. Hell, I'd agree if they said financial inequality is partly to blame for more whites in the reserve section and any other thing that is probably or close to true I'd likely agree or not dissent at least.  

However, when something isn't even remotely true...

I don't appreciate nor respect the sad and dishonest jabs of "segregation" and that type stuff when its just not true. 

Like I mentioned before, if the folks that were worried so much about how folks at Mack Tharpe bought their tickets and sit, concentrated as much energy and worry into coaching their team and/or supporting them where they needed it, they may not leave with their tails tucked, bottom lips poked out and have spite for the fan base. 

If you pre-purchase tickets for home games at Colquitt, you get asked a simple question if you aren't a season ticket holder... "Home side or visitor side?" They don't hand you a visitor side ticket if you're black and a home side if you're white. That'd be segregation that these clowns suggest.

They post ROTC kids and deputies to  try keeping the Colquitt fans in the Hawg Pound section so as to help give the visitors a better experience, where as other stadiums down here pepper their fans all throughout the visitor side and it causes issues at every game I've been to when that happens. 

You guys had a great experience down here because yall whipped our ass and the Hawg Pound fans were probably pretty quiet. All the fans probably were for that matter. Tends to be that way when you're getting your ass whipped. xD

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You guys had a great experience down here because yall whipped our ass and the Hawg Pound fans were probably pretty quiet. All the fans probably were for that matter. Tends to be that way when you're getting your ass whipped. 

Yea, the best way to quiet down the home fans to beat them on the field.  I'm going to bet it was the only time since Rush came on board that y'all have had a running clock put on you much less at home!  I couldn't be there last year but y'all whupped up on us.  If you want to discuss ball, fine.  If you want to comment on the facilities (MT is old and could stand some upgrades 😉), fine.  Claiming systemic segregation based a single game or two that you attended, not fine.

• Thanks 1