Georgia HSFB Scoreboard week 12

TheMaximumHornetSting

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree. I've been looking at the brackets and Colquitt has the toughest 1st round and probably the toughest over all path altogether. 

For Colquitt to make the state chip, they'll have to defeat Brookwood, Norcross and Grayson, assuming Norcross and Grayson win out until facing Colquitt.

Also, there is no love lost between Brookwood and Colquitt. Last time Brookwood came down the coach and some fans made a big stink about Colquitt being racist and segregated at the Pen. Add to that some baseball meetings around 2011-12  (can't remember the exact year but the house was packed) or so where the Brookwood students all showed up wearing overalls and straw hats  and chastised the Colquitt fans so much that between game one and game two the school had to take the students aside and make them tone down their stuff. 

I hope they bring as many as we would allow down on Friday and witness some more southern hospitality. 

Philip "Jesus" Jones...the HC at Brookwood could solve all the segregation problems in Mack Tharpe with a waive of his hand...or perhaps a POST ON FACEBOOK.

I'm sure he's personally looking forward to returning to the Hawg Pen where he's LOVED by so many.

But...with that said...Brookwood will be a TOUGH 1st round opponent.  Not a gimme game.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree. I've been looking at the brackets and Colquitt has the toughest 1st round and probably the toughest over all path altogether. 

For Colquitt to make the state chip, they'll have to defeat Brookwood, Norcross and Grayson, assuming Norcross and Grayson win out until facing Colquitt.

Also, there is no love lost between Brookwood and Colquitt. Last time Brookwood came down the coach and some fans made a big stink about Colquitt being racist and segregated at the Pen. Add to that some baseball meetings around 2011-12  (can't remember the exact year but the house was packed) or so where the Brookwood students all showed up wearing overalls and straw hats  and chastised the Colquitt fans so much that between game one and game two the school had to take the students aside and make them tone down their stuff. 

I hope they bring as many as we would allow down on Friday and witness some more southern hospitality. 

Off topic: I have heard on several occasions that there is some segregation at Colquitt home games. Always wondered if that was actually true or not. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Off topic: I have heard on several occasions that there is some segregation at Colquitt home games. Always wondered if that was actually true or not. 

Absolutely.

Durwood, Darrell and Jim sit in an enclosed booth while the rest of us hafta sit outside in the elements.

It's bad......

Rufus>>

36 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Yeah that's cool and all, but let's confirm or deny the numerous segregation claims. If it's a touchy subject, then we can turn the page. 

During actual segregation, when there was two high schools depending on your race, what is now the visitor side was the home side. Due to that,, a lot of African Americans and some Caucasian folks sit on that side in what we now call the Hawg Pound. Its a by choice thing and not some ignorant bullshit like the Brookwood coach tried to make out the last visit down. 

A pretty diverse group of people sit on the home side, maybe more diverse than the Hawg Pound. We have a good amount of Hispanic folks and people of color in general sit in the section where I sit. The reserve section is mostly white though but not all. Then the opposite end of the home stands is also pretty diverse. Again this is mostly by choice and not some bullshit like folks make it out to be. 

Idk if that helps clear anything up or not. Maybe? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Again this is mostly by choice and not some bullshit like folks make it out to be.

This. Colquitt is way too prominent for segregation to have occurred and it not been spread to the masses, especially with the Propst haters over the years. 

Bottom line is people at any event regardless of sports predominantly sit next to their family so a white man is probably sitting next to a white man, a black man next to a black man, and a hispanic person next to his. Throw in a few friends of each with their families and there you have it. 

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

During actual segregation, when there was two high schools depending on your race, what is now the visitor side was the home side. Due to that,, a lot of African Americans and some Caucasian folks sit on that side in what we now call the Hawg Pound. Its a by choice thing and not some ignorant bullshit like the Brookwood coach tried to make out the last visit down. 

A pretty diverse group of people sit on the home side, maybe more diverse than the Hawg Pound. We have a good amount of Hispanic folks and people of color in general sit in the section where I sit. The reserve section is mostly white though but not all. Then the opposite end of the home stands is also pretty diverse. Again this is mostly by choice and not some bullshit like folks make it out to be. 

Idk if that helps clear anything up or not. Maybe? 

Gotcha. It's probably a thing where outsiders see majority of the caucasians sitting in the reserve section and the minorities sitting together in other areas of the stadium as to why the segregation rumours are thrown around. I do remember hearing the Brookwood coach say something about this whole ordeal, but I've also heard the same sentiments from a couple of south georgia schools and a few atlanta area schools. 

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Gotcha. It's probably a thing where outsiders see majority of the caucasians sitting in the reserve section and the minorities sitting together in other areas of the stadium as to why the segregation rumours are thrown around. I do remember hearing the Brookwood coach say something about this whole ordeal, but I've also heard the same sentiments from a couple of south georgia schools and a few atlanta area schools. 

I just think Brookwood doesn't like Colquitt 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The feeling is mutual. 

I hope we treat them very badly on Friday night. Good ol' southern hospitality then a quick handshake and pat on the ass as the gates to the pen get unlocked. xD

Handshake my ass....foot up their ass would be a lot better......

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Fred said:

I think maybe you need to go to your coach and tell him that defensive scored points don't count.  No special teams points, no pick 6s, no scoop and scores from fumbles and see what he says.  Many games have been won due to non offensive scored points.

Those are known facts. 

Losing because you don't smell the endzone is also fact.

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Absolutely.

Durwood, Darrell and Jim sit in an enclosed booth while the rest of us hafta sit outside in the elements.

It's bad......

Rufus>>

Made two trips and witnessed it in person. The home side was full of whites and the blacks sat on the visitors side. There is or was a chain link fence in the stands to separate the Colquitt black fans from the visitors.

No lie.

3 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

Made two trips and witnessed it in person. The home side was full of whites and the blacks sat on the visitors side. There is or was a chain link fence in the stands to separate the Colquitt black fans from the visitors.

No lie.

You ain't look around too good. Maybe I need to take some fucking pictures from my seat to post for dumb shits that can't see like you. 

Never ceases to amaze how people see what they want to see and miss the rest.

31 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Was this back in 2012 and 2013? 

2015 is when that clown came down.

I just said that a lot of black people sit in the Hawg Pound. It isn't all black though. I can clearly pick out white faces from all the way across the stadium where I sit. And, I can turn to my right and talk to some Hispanic folks, and look up over my right should or left shoulder and see blacks, Hispanics and white folks all sat together. 

People are always trying to spin it in some negative fashion.

How about Lovejoy come down and win a football game and all of the sudden Lovejoy fans are much more satisfied with how folks sit at Colquitt. Same for Brookwood. 

What it really boils down to is salt in the wounds by the Hawg Pound crowd. They get a little rowdy over there and smack talk the visiting fans from across the fence and they get to feeling uncomfortable. Usually they are leaving with an ass whipping on the field so all they can do is take jabs at the crowd and community. xD

• Haha 1

They're actually lucky that there is a visitor/home crowd segregation though. Colquitt doesn't allow home fans to sit from the south 30yard line to the north end zone like a lot of other region 1 stadiums do. 

Thats some real segregation there. And intentional too. Maybe dummies would like it better if they opened that whole side to home crowd folks. Then they couldn't complain about "segregation." 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I just said that a lot of black people sit in the Hawg Pound. It isn't all black though. I can clearly pick out white faces from all the way across the stadium where I sit. And, I can turn to my right and talk to some Hispanic folks, and look up over my right should or left shoulder and see blacks, Hispanics and white folks all sat together. 

How about Lovejoy come down and win a football game and all of the sudden Lovejoy fans are much more satisfied with how folks sit at Colquitt. Same for Brookwood. 

What it really boils down to is salt in the wounds by the Hawg Pound crowd. They get a little rowdy over there and smack talk the visiting fans from across the fence and they get to feeling uncomfortable. Usually they are leaving with an ass whipping on the field so all they can do is take jabs at the crowd and community. xD

I came down when Lovejoy came down 2 years in a row and I know what I experienced. 

How about Colquitt come into the here and now.

24 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

I came down when Lovejoy came down 2 years in a row and I know what I experienced. 

How about Colquitt come into the here and now.

You came down and saw whatever it is you wanted to see. Plain and simple. Now, you want to try to make out like you're some expert about how we sit and you're full of shit. 

:D

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I went to a Catholic church once and there were a SHITLOAD of Catholics in there.  Seemed they all wanted to congregate together.

Go figure.. 

Rufus>>