California

Mag44

39 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Highest per capita Covid with tough restrictions...Why??

No, it’s the highest over the last couple weeks - which is why they went back to heavy restrictions.

Top 10 highest cases per million residents is as follows:

North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Idaho, Wyoming. In 34th is California.

Top 10 deaths per million:

NY, NJ, MA, ND, CT, RI, SD, LA, MS, IL...down in 40th is California.

Even total deaths CA is 3rd behind NY and Texas, CA has 11 million more people than TX and 20 million more than NY.

By basically every measure, CA has handled the human cost better than about 3/4 of the other states relative to its population.

Filtered stats for cases and deaths

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

SoCal is far worse than Norcal and SoCal is Trump country. Huge Trump rallies with no masks or social distancing. Go figure! πŸ€”

Of course has nothing to do with the fact that the 5 largest counties in CA by population are all in So Ca. Β In fact, LA county alone has as many people as the top 10 largest counties in Central and Northern CA. Β Now figure the land mass difference between LA county and the top 10 counties in Central and Northern CA and maybe the picture comes into focus for you. Β 

People like you are why β€œconnect the dots” pictures exist. Β 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

No, it’s the highest over the last couple weeks - which is why they went back to heavy restrictions.

Top 10 highest cases per million residents is as follows:

North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Idaho, Wyoming. In 34th is California.

Top 10 deaths per million:

NY, NJ, MA, ND, CT, RI, SD, LA, MS, IL...down in 40th is California.

Even total deaths CA is 3rd behind NY and Texas, CA has 11 million more people than TX and 20 million more than NY.

By basically every measure, CA has handled the human cost better than about 3/4 of the other states relative to its population.

Filtered stats for cases and deaths

Β 

47 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Those stats are misleading...I'd take them all over Calf...

How was that misleading?

Because it wasn’t what you wanted it to be?

California is having a badΒ breakout, same as the South,Β FL and AZ did over the summer and as the Midwest had just before the election.

Again, by numerous measuresΒ CA has done a good job preventing deaths and infections for a state with so many people crammed into so many big cities like LA and San Francisco.

You just want to shit on them because it’s a Democratic stronghold.Β Β I completely understand your issue with lockdown fatigue and the frustration that people have with it and seeing it continue on...but there’s really not much room to bash CA for the way they’ve managed to keep infections and deaths as low as they have relative to the other big population states.

California has 18 MILLION more residents than Florida but has seen only 3,200 more deaths (24,500 for CA and 21,300 for FL). That’s 992 deaths per million for FL and 661 for CA...I’m not seeing how that’s misleading in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Of course has nothing to do with the fact that the 5 largest counties in CA by population are all in So Ca. Β In fact, LA county alone has as many people as the top 10 largest counties in Central and Northern CA. Β Now figure the land mass difference between LA county and the top 10 counties in Central and Northern CA and maybe the picture comes into focus for you. Β 

People like you are why β€œconnect the dots” pictures exist. Β 

Β 

F2159155-AD4C-4D96-8E11-0F272E77871A.jpeg

5E9561BF-3506-4D94-A796-C5124BECEF67.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

How was that misleading?

California is having a badΒ breakout, same as the South,Β FL and AZ did over the summer and as the Midwest had just before the election.

Again, by numerous measuresΒ CA has done a good job preventing deaths and infections for a state with so many people crammed into so many big cities like LA and San Francisco.

You just want to shit on them because it’s a Democratic stronghold.Β Β I completely understand your issue with lockdown fatigue and the frustration that people have with it and seeing it continue on...but there’s really not much room to bash CA for the way they’ve managed to keep infections and deaths as low as they have relative to the other big population states.

California has 18 MILLION more residents than Florida but has seen only 3,200 more deaths (24,500 for CA and 21,300 for FL). That’s 992 deaths per million for FL and 661 for CA...I’m not seeing how that’s misleading in any way.

Β 

7 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

How was that misleading?

Β 

Anyone forget to mention that San Diego has the worlds most traveled border crossing? Thousands travel daily from and to Mexico all the way up to LA. Wonder whyΒ the cases are higher in SoCal? Have you been to Mexico in the last year? I have and can honestly say not one person was tested coming out of Mexico to the US that I witnessed. I had a simple Temp check crossing into Mexico. The only time I was tested in the US was before boarding a plane in San Diego hours after walking around SoCal and the airport.

13 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Anyone forget to mention that San Diego has the worlds most traveled border crossing? Thousands travel daily from and to Mexico all the way up to LA. Wonder whyΒ the cases are higher in SoCal? Have you been to Mexico in the last year? I have and can honestly say not one person was tested coming out of Mexico to the US that I witnessed. I had a simple Temp check crossing into Mexico. The only time I was tested in the US was before boarding a plane in San Diego hours after walking around SoCal and the airport.

Are you saying SO CA is suffering Mexi-Covid?

I'm saying Covid knows no Nation. Where there is a concentration of millions there is likely a higher risk of infection.Β 

BTW. You new antivirus hasΒ polyglycolic acid, which is a biodegradable, thermoplastic polymer as part of the targetting system. Of course plastics have been used in medicine for years. But this plastic is designed to work with your RNA. Also markers are being placed in the vaccine for future referencing (thinkΒ plastic that doesn't desolve in a year or so in YOUR bloodstream). Dr's are going to know what vaccines you have had or when you will need a booster.Β Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm saying Covid knows no Nation. Where there is a concentration of millions there is likely a higher risk of infection.Β 

BTW. You new antivirus hasΒ polyglycolic acid, which is a biodegradable, thermoplastic polymer as part of the targetting system. Of course plastics have been used in medicine for years. But this plastic is designed to work with your RNA. Also markers are being placed in the vaccine for future referencing (thinkΒ plastic that doesn't desolve in a year or so in YOUR bloodstream). Dr's are going to know what vaccines you have had or when you will need a booster.Β Β 

I haven’t really taken the time to keep up to date on nano-structure applications targeted at disease therapy. Β However, if I had the chance toΒ go back and do it all over again, it’s an area I would pursue. Β  Perfect marriage of biology and plastics.

I'm a researcher. Have books on Viruses that go back to 1958, before the electronic microscope.Β Closest I come toΒ medicine is advanced physiology.Β  My ex was a surgen.Β My mother taughtΒ medicine in college. I retired from USA Today/Florida Today after 30 years as a Systems Tech/Supervisor. AlsoΒ mentorΒ Science/Robotics, or at least did before Covid.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Sounds like Cali is changing.....

go figure....

Sure is.

The liberal core is getting more liberal, and all the nice Dem voters that don’t make a coupleΒ million a year are moving to Nevada and Arizona and turning them into solid blue states too.

I truly hope this was useful to you.

Β 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm a researcher. Have books on Viruses that go back to 1958, before the electronic microscope.Β Closest I come toΒ medicine is advanced physiology.Β  My ex was a surgen.Β My mother taughtΒ medicine in college. I retired from USA Today/Florida Today after 30 years as a Systems Tech/Supervisor. AlsoΒ mentorΒ Science/Robotics, or at least did before Covid.

Is that "Florida Today"Β  or "Retired Today from USA Today/Florida"Β  ?Β Β  The capitalization suggests past tense but if you retired TODAY (or in the past) congrats πŸ₯³

PS company name with a couple today's in it....fun stuff LOL.

24 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

Sure is.

The liberal core is getting more liberal, and all the nice Dem voters that don’t make a coupleΒ million a year are moving to Nevada and Arizona and turning them into solid blue states too.

Β 

false claims never help

So cali is going trump and republican because all those poor dems are leaving.... Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa

That's a fairly ridiculous claim 🀣

If you could you pull that link from your azz and post it for everyone that might help

Go for it πŸ‘

Β 

PS: Businesses and the rich are leaving tho, so there is that πŸ‘Œ

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Sure is.

Β 

They leave because of liberal Dem policies then vote the same way to infect and destroy another state....Those types should be corrected...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1