Rufus.......

Sweetlarry

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You’re a man with knowledge of Macon. What would recommend for hotel and restaurants there? Going to watch the girls play for the title Saturday and don’t wanna drive back.

Thanks-

Macon??? Run 🏃‍♂️ run as fast as you can out of there, Macon makes Chicago look like Beverly hills

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You’re a man with knowledge of Macon. What would recommend for hotel and restaurants there? Going to watch the girls play for the title Saturday and don’t wanna drive back.

Thanks-

Definitely the Marriott City Center.  It's on Coliseum Drive....which means it might be 250 yards from the Macon Coliseum.  I think that's where they still play all the playoff basketball games.  Decent place.  I've stayed there MANY times.  Hopefully, they've taken my picture down though...(Smile).

Give me an idea of what kind of cuisine you want and I'll head you in the right direction.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Definitely the Marriott City Center.  It's on Coliseum Drive....which means it might be 250 yards from the Macon Coliseum.  I think that's where they still play all the playoff basketball games.  Decent place.  I've stayed there MANY times.  Hopefully, they've taken my picture down though...(Smile).

Give me an idea of what kind of cuisine you want and I'll head you in the right direction.

Rufus>>

I appreciate that! 

We aren’t picky folk when it comes to food, however if there’s a place that is just head and shoulders above the rest, I’d like to try it. 

I've been to Macon, GA once, but have never eaten there. Always thought Macon was famous for their Soul Food. I'd probably hit one of these places or similar.

The Best 10 Soul Food Restaurants in Macon, GA
  • The Bear's Den. 0.2 mi. 83 reviews. ...
  • Fried Green Tomatoes. 5.4 mi. 19 reviews. ...
  • H and H Restaurant. 0.4 mi. 131 reviews. ...
  • Taste Of New Orleans. 1.4 mi. 1 review. ...
  • Ma Duke Southern Cooking. 3.6 mi. Southern. ...
  • S&S Cafeterias - Riverside Dr. 2.9 mi. 51 reviews. ...
  • Anderson's Diner. 3.0 mi. Diners, Soul Food. ...
  • J & F Caribbean Delight. 3.5 mi. 38 reviews.
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Mexican is usually reserved for home dining. I haven’t had any restaurant Mexican food in georgia that was anywhere near what Mama makes in my own kitchen, so we don’t frequent them.

OK...I have been to each of these establishments at one time or another.  I'm gonna give you the fun places first.  If you and the boss wanna go to a place (not sure they allow kids unless you sit on the patio) upper class...I'll give you that as well...

Fun Places

1.  The Rookery (bar & pub) good food lively atmosphere

2.  Piedmont Brewery (same as above)

3.  Bearfoot Tavern (has a tie in to Mercer) I hosted a Wedding Rehearsal party there when my son got married.  Pretty good place but definitely lively.  Parking can be an issue at times.

4.  Jim Shaw's Seafood is a southern fried seafood place.  Great food if you like you fish & shrimp & oysters & scallops and other seafood...fried.  Hushpuppies were outstanding.  And we all know that hushpuppies are how fried seafood places are rated...(Smile).

Upper Class ( and a tad on the expensive side)

1.  Natalia's is a REALLY good place but can be a bit snooty.  The food was unbelievable.  I think they frown on families...but unless it's changed...they will seat a group outside in the patio area.  But in case you wanna bring in pizza for the kids at the Marriott and head out for a hot time...well...

2.  Christian's Cuisine is on the same scale as Natalia's but it wasn't as snooty when we went.  Still it was expensive enough.  Food was delicious.

There are several Italian places around Macon that are good.  A couple of Thai places...but I'm not a fan.  And if you're interested in barbeque...let me know.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1