How are these Valdosta kids ineligible but Garcia was legal Grayson?

HooverOutlaw

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sounds typical GHSA crap.

If you were actually keeping up you'd know that the GHSA closed the loophole allowing players who are deemed ineligible at one public school to transfer to another public school in the same school year.  Once ineligible...a player is NOW ineligible at every public school in Georgia for one school year.

It's considered the Del Rio/Garcia ruling.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

If you were actually keeping up you'd know that the GHSA closed the loophole allowing players who are deemed ineligible at one public school to transfer to another public school in the same school year.  Once ineligible...a player is NOW ineligible at every public school in Georgia for one school year.

Rufus>>

He knows good and dang well what the answer is/was.  It has been provided for him - multiple times.  He's just trying to stir the pot.  For the life of me I can't figure out why he has such a thing for Grayson unless it it is we beat Hoover back to back with different teams, one of which was led by a 2nd year coach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I know that smart ass . But was not that rule changed after the 2020 season.  How are they ineligible for the 2021 season when the 2020 school year is not over. How can some kid be ineligible for a season that is not even start. How do they know these kids are not legal now by bonafide moves.

These Valdosta kids are not transferring for the 2021 season they are already at Valdosta.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

He knows good and dang well what the answer is/was.  It has been provided for him - multiple times.  He's just trying to stir the pot.  For the life of me I can't figure out why he has such a thing for Grayson unless it it is we beat Hoover back to back with different teams, one of which was led by a 2nd year coach. 

The new rule is not being applied equally. But no matter what Grayson always benefits 

Got a link for when the exact date this new rule took place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Just shocked how your school Grayson gets away with more dirty shady crap than any public school in the country.  Grayson does not play by the same rules as south Georgia.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Rufus none of these Valdosta kids transferred during the season only Garcia. Now they are ineligible but Garcia was good to play at Grayson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The new rule is not being applied equally. But no matter what Grayson always benefits 

Got a link for when the exact date this new rule took place.

Dang son, you read the AJC more than most Georgians.  You even went on and on about it at the time both here and on the GA boards.  How quickly you forget when it doesn't support your beliefs. 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-adds-bylaw-to-block-second-chance-transfers/YXFEPCGPCZFT7FG6ECQHJYETQQ/

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

Dang son, you read the AJC more than most Georgians.  You even went on and on about it at the time both here and on the GA boards.  How quickly you forget when it doesn't support your beliefs. 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-adds-bylaw-to-block-second-chance-transfers/YXFEPCGPCZFT7FG6ECQHJYETQQ/

That is my point these Valdosta kids moved in 2020 so how are they already illegal in 2021.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

That is my point these Valdosta kids moved in 2020 so how are they already illegal in 2021.

Exactly and Garcia is listed as ineligible on the recommendation. Which means he played for grayson illegally and grayson will have to forfeit all their wins with him. Fred and rufus have to play dumb and innocent know. You know how it goes. Packass should have to forfeit their wins from 2008-2018 since they are so high and mighty but allowed the same thing at colquitt just to win.

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You have got to just be having a bad day.  I know you are smarter than this.  The link I posted referred to the question about Garcia's eligibility at Grayson and why that wouldn't happen again.  The Valdosta kids ruling is not based on that ruling but as I understand it a different part of the GHSA bylaws.

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Exactly and Garcia is listed as ineligible on the recommendation. Which means he played for grayson illegally and grayson will have to forfeit all their wins with him. Fred and rufus have to play dumb and innocent know. You know how it goes. Packass should have to forfeit their wins from 2008-2018 since they are so high and mighty but allowed the same thing at colquitt just to win.

Didn't you say you graduated from Lowndes?  It really doesn't speak highly of them if so.  Your critical thinking skills are a lacking here. One final time and slowly so maybe, just maybe, you might get it.

Garcia and his dad move to Valdosta and Jake enrolls.  Got that?

At that time, the paperwork on the legal separation was not complete.  Are you following along here?

Based on incorrectly filled paperwork filed by Valdosta, Jake is declared ineligible and Valdosta has to forfeit the game(s) he played in.  This is based on the separation not being complete at the time he enrolled.  Still hanging in there and following?

GHSA states Jake is eligible anywhere in GA *EXCEPT* Valdosta if he moves again as the separation paperwork is now complete.  See, the circumstances have now changed. Jake's dad is his sole guardian now.  Still with me?

Jake is now free to play at Lowndes, Colquitt, anywhere else in GA.  He chooses to come to Grayson.  Ever ask yourself why?  Why didn't they stay in Lowndes CO since they were already there?  Could this be the reason you are so unhappy?  If Lowndes is such a lock for the championship as you have claimed all year, why wouldn't they stay there?  You predicted right up until the bitter end it would be Lowndes vs Colquitt for the championship.  Once the Packers went out you still kept saying Lowndes and somebody other than Grayson for the ship.  You poo-pooed Grayson all year long and touted the mighty Vikings as God's gift to football and the dominant team of the 2000s.  If that were true, why did the Garcias make the decision to go away from Lowndes and S Georgia football?

20 minutes ago, Fred said:

You have got to just be having a bad day.  I know you are smarter than this.  The link I posted referred to the question about Garcia's eligibility at Grayson and why that wouldn't happen again.  The Valdosta kids ruling is not based on that ruling but as I understand it a different part of the GHSA bylaws.

They ruled Garcia ineligible again in this letter . So he was illegal at Valdosta legal at Grayson and now ineligible again.  Is he still even at Grayson did he not enroll early at Miami.

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

They ruled Garcia ineligible again in this letter . So he was illegal at Valdosta legal at Grayson and now ineligible again.  Is he still even at Grayson did he not enroll early at Miami.

No, they didn't.  He is not ineligible because of this ruling.  Had he not graduated, he would be eligible for any spring sport.  But he *did* graduate.  I don't know why this is so hard for you unless your biases cloud the truth for you.  All this rule did/does is say from this point forward this won't be allowed.  You can't make an ex post facto ruling declaring something illegal in the past.  You have to rule based on what was in effect at the time.  At the time, Garcia, del Rios, and Borders were all legal in the second move.  This rules says as of the date the rule was passed, going forward the GHSA will not allow this.

What makes you think he didn't enroll at Miami?  I don't know one way or the other for sure as I'm not his keeper nor do I play one on a message board.  The last I heard he had enrolled.  I have no idea what has happened since then.

He was ineligible at Valdosta, eligible at Grayson.  What the GHSA declares at this point about his eligibility going forward from the date of the letter is moot since he graduated from Grayson at the end of the first semester.  I speculate but have no idea as to the validity, Dr Hines included him as a matter of form even though he has graduated.  I've been told by someone that should know that we had no contact with him or his family until they contacted us after being declared ineligible due to an incomplete family move related to the separation/guardianship paperwork not being complete when he enrolled at Valdosta.

44 minutes ago, Fred said:

He was ineligible at Valdosta, eligible at Grayson.  What the GHSA declares at this point about his eligibility going forward from the date of the letter is moot since he graduated from Grayson at the end of the first semester.  I speculate but have no idea as to the validity, Dr Hines included him as a matter of form even though he has graduated.  I've been told by someone that should know that we had no contact with him or his family until they contacted us after being declared ineligible due to an incomplete family move related to the separation/guardianship paperwork not being complete when he enrolled at Valdosta.

Why does the GHSA rule kids ineligible who do not attend a Georgia school , don't live in Georgia and are in college.

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Why does the GHSA rule kids ineligible who do not attend a Georgia school , don't live in Georgia and are in college.

Gee, I don't know.  Why don't you ask them since it seems to be a burning issue with you?  Anyone that answers is basing it on their speculation.

I'll make it easy for you.  Here are the email addresses for the office staff.  With just a minor amount of investigation you can get the email for the non office staff if you care to.

https://www.ghsa.net/office-staff

44 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

That is an interesting conundrum. The rules are basically if a player receives improper aide or inducement then they will be ineligible for a year and any game they playing in results in forfeit. It should be retro back to include any team they played for from when the infraction occurred.  Bottom line is Garcia never should have been cleared to play for Grayson or any other GHSA team for that matter... crazy situation

In my opinion Grayson should have to FFT any game Garcia played in. They knew the hornets nest they were stepping into when the trotted him out there. Garcia had already broken the inducements rule ( not charged with yet I know) and should have already been deemed ineligible for GHSA play for a year

I know we were told by the GHSA that he was eligible to play before he ever set foot on our campus.  Strange as it may sound, we acted in good faith.  We've had our fair share of scrutiny in the past and I'm pretty sure we are dotting every I and crossing every T.

29 minutes ago, Fred said:

Gee, I don't know.  Why don't you ask them since it seems to be a burning issue with you?  Anyone that answers is basing it on their speculation.

I'll make it easy for you.  Here are the email addresses for the office staff.  With just a minor amount of investigation you can get the email for the non office staff if you care to.

I'm planning on calling them and the NFHS.  Just asking what the rules are on ruling suspending someone who has graduated is. Obviously the GHSA thinks they can do this because they did.  I will find out.