GA State Championship Matchups

ECHS05

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You arenalt middle of the road when you are one of the better 500 of those 14000...

Actually, yes, I'd call 500 to 1500 or so middle of the road for relevance.

You're just piling on the ignorance here. There's a lot you don't know or understand.

Bosco loses 20-10... you claim they really win because they had better stats... LOL.

An absolute lie.

I have never once claimed that anybody won a game that they actually lost.

I'll say it again.

If you have to lie then you don't have a strong hand.

Bosco 24, STA 7... again STA really won to Los.

Just keep lying.

It's all you've got.

And change the subject too.

You're really good at that because you're not good at anything else.

STA is REALLY better Los says... because of the way they play. No matter they just lost 24-7

So if you lose a game to a team then they're better. Period.

Yep.

Proving how stupid and ignorant you are every single day.

Heres a clue... LOSING to a mediocre team is worse than 3 WINS over mediocre teams.

It absolutely is not.

Mind-blowing ignorance and incompetence being displayed here.

One can be fluke.

Three is a trend.

A close win can be just as bad or worse than a close loss.

Open your mind or else Vegas will keep targeting you.

22 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

The depth in that Grayson program is unbelievable. They're gonna go OOS heavy the next few years and I don't blame them. 

I shit you not when I say their 2019 class is SPECIAL. I know it sounds silly to say but their JV team would have beaten a lot of varsity teams in Georgia this year. People think it's bullshit but I know the kids on that roster and I know the talent they have created through move ins. 

Ronald Thompkins, Tru Thompson, Kenny Edwards, Owen Pappoe, Kenyatta Watson II, Jalen Alexander, J'Kori Jones. I mean they're just loaded. They have a lot of the best GFL players in their program moving before high school starts and that's why last year they ruffled feathers with their freshman team destroying everyone. (The JV kids this year)

Grayson will not take that big of a step back next year. J'Kori Jones is a division one QB in the waiting behind Chase Brice. Ronald Thompkins is gonna pick up in that Herron system right behind Kurt Taylor. 

I think Grayson is going to forever be the bad guys now moving forward but god damn they're gonna win a lot of football games 

ATLien, You are the first to point this out here.    A few guys at my barbershop mentioned this early in the season when Grayson was playing IMG.  They were saying that folks are tripping about this year's Grayson team when the returnees are even more dangerous (today).  One of the barbers calls Pappoe a future NFL talent who he swears will play at BAMA one day......don't know how he thinks he knows this, but he is a Graysonite through and through.  I initially called all of that stuff about the 2019 team a bunch of bias, but trust when I say that everyone in Gwinnett knows these boys.

I can't call how they will perform in the future (barring serious injuries), but the way they looked when they get into Varsity and in JV games, they are almost as impressive now as their Varsity counterparts and many are playing on sheer athleticism alone.  I don't think many of them truly know how to play yet.  Scary!!

• Like 2

BUT.....................This is supposed to be a Thread about the Georgia Finals....................what happened??

My Picks:

7A--- Grayson in a rout........seriously.  Roswell has a very good defense, but good against teams void of Grayson's talent.   Grayson is bringing speed, swagger and a level of athleticism Roswell hasn't seen.  Westlake had athleticism but not at Grayson's level.  He doesn't need a coming-out-party, but Owen Pappoe was a beast against Mill Creek who I still feel was the 2nd best team in 7A.  Watch for Pappoe to really stamp his Super-11 status a year early.  I also expect a stellar game from D'Angelo as well because Evans will not get the type of runs he was used to against other teams, forcing Willis to try to win the game through the air.

------

6A--- Tucker in an exciting one, that shouldn't be close......seriously.  There's a lot of talk about Region-1's prowess, but folks seem to forget that Tucker is healthy! and they bring the pain when healthy.  Dosta better pad up cuz Tuck players can take hits like they give 'um!.  Dosta's defense is very good, but are they ready to get hit on both sides of the ball.  They better bring tons of Advil and anti-inflammatory meds, cuz the hitting from Tucker (win or lose) will be vicious!.  Speed, Conditioning and Weight room training and depth will factor from the first whistle. When you play Tucker, bring towels to clean up the snot because the hitting is gonna be grownman-like!  I said before the playoffs that the toughest opponent Tuck would see in the playoffs was Mays and that still stands.

----

5A--- Rome in another exciting one.  When Rome upset Stephenson in 2015, I called it Stephenson doing what Stephenson does...crap away opportunities, but I went back and watched.  Stephenson was playing really well; Rome's defense was just super-stout!.  I pulled against Rome several times this year thinking they graduated too much, but this will be one of the better coached teams Buford will see and my opinion is that the defense is even better than what I saw last year.  Buford hasn't been impressive; but hats off to them for rising in class and still being "Da team to beat!"  The way Rome has shut down their opponents' best player makes me think they keep TD Roof in check also.

----

4A--- Cartersville is my pick despite the fact that I think Thompson may have the only secondary to challenge Lawrence; but it just seems like Lawrence always makes smart decisions with the ball.   Cartersville's defense is really spectacular as well, so I have to give them the edge.

---

3A--- Cedar Grove in a rout..........All biases aside, this won't even be close.  Davis Mills better get rid of that ball quickly because the Saints D can get nasty fast.  For those that don't know, Cedar Grove's QB is 6'8" and he reminds of Big Ben; arm strength, toughness and all.   It's almost unfair that his O-line are a bunch of behemoths as well.  But it is that reknowned and speedy Dekalb type defense that is what will keep the crowd on their feet.  This could very easily be a shut-out!

---

2A--- Can't call it, but I'm rooting for Fitz.  These are two powerhouses that have owned their divisions forever.  Time for new blood to rise up.

•  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Los happened.

All of my initial comments were about Georgia.

Your butt buddy ECHS05 first mentioned BTW.

Why?

Because he's incapable of winning an argument about the topic at hand. He has to change the subject.

I always stay on topic big boy.

2 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

BUT.....................This is supposed to be a Thread about the Georgia Finals....................what happened??

My Picks:

7A--- Grayson in a rout........seriously.  Roswell has a very good defense, but good against teams void of Grayson's talent.   Grayson is bringing speed, swagger and a level of athleticism Roswell hasn't seen.  Westlake had athleticism but not at Grayson's level.  He doesn't need a coming-out-party, but Owen Pappoe was a beast against Mill Creek who I still feel was the 2nd best team in 7A.  Watch for Pappoe to really stamp his Super-11 status a year early.  I also expect a stellar game from D'Angelo as well because Evans will not get the type of runs he was used to against other teams, forcing Willis to try to win the game through the air.

------

6A--- Tucker in an exciting one, that shouldn't be close......seriously.  There's a lot of talk about Region-1's prowess, but folks seem to forget that Tucker is healthy! and they bring the pain when healthy.  Dosta better pad up cuz Tuck players can take hits like they give 'um!.  Dosta's defense is very good, but are they ready to get hit on both sides of the ball.  They better bring tons of Advil and anti-inflammatory meds, cuz the hitting from Tucker (win or lose) will be vicious!.  Speed, Conditioning and Weight room training and depth will factor from the first whistle. When you play Tucker, bring towels to clean up the snot because the hitting is gonna be grownman-like!  I said before the playoffs that the toughest opponent Tuck would see in the playoffs was Mays and that still stands.

----

5A--- Rome in another exciting one.  When Rome upset Stephenson in 2015, I called it Stephenson doing what Stephenson does...crap away opportunities, but I went back and watched.  Stephenson was playing really well; Rome's defense was just super-stout!.  I pulled against Rome several times this year thinking they graduated too much, but this will be one of the better coached teams Buford will see and my opinion is that the defense is even better than what I saw last year.  Buford hasn't been impressive; but hats off to them for rising in class and still being "Da team to beat!"  The way Rome has shut down their opponents' best player makes me think they keep TD Roof in check also.

----

4A--- Cartersville is my pick despite the fact that I think Thompson may have the only secondary to challenge Lawrence; but it just seems like Lawrence always makes smart decisions with the ball.   Cartersville's defense is really spectacular as well, so I have to give them the edge.

---

3A--- Cedar Grove in a rout..........All biases aside, this won't even be close.  Davis Mills better get rid of that ball quickly because the Saints D can get nasty fast.  For those that don't know, Cedar Grove's QB is 6'8" and he reminds of Big Ben; arm strength, toughness and all.   It's almost unfair that his O-line are a bunch of behemoths as well.  But it is that reknowned and speedy Dekalb type defense that is what will keep the crowd on their feet.  This could very easily be a shut-out!

---

2A--- Can't call it, but I'm rooting for Fitz.  These are two powerhouses that have owned their divisions forever.  Time for new blood to rise up.

•  

I'll agree everywhere except on 6A where I'll go against sound logic and go with my heart. 

In my heart of hearts, I think Valdosta finds a way. 

In my minds eye though, I see the common opponent daisy chain. Tucker beats Colquitt at the Hawg Pen by 1, then Colquitt goes to Valdosta and clobbers them at their house. 

Then we look at the common opponent in NSWR. Valdosta gets them at home 14-6. Tucker beats them 22-7 albeit at a different time in the season. 

In reality, this is going to be a monster game where either team can win. I would almost spend the 500+ bucks to take the trip to Atlanta and watch this one live. Almost. Colquitt losing saved me that cash this season, so I think I'll bank it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

ATLien, You are the first to point this out here.    A few guys at my barbershop mentioned this early in the season when Grayson was playing IMG.  They were saying that folks are tripping about this year's Grayson team when the returnees are even more dangerous (today).  One of the barbers calls Pappoe a future NFL talent who he swears will play at BAMA one day......don't know how he thinks he knows this, but he is a Graysonite through and through.  I initially called all of that stuff about the 2019 team a bunch of bias, but trust when I say that everyone in Gwinnett knows these boys.

I can't call how they will perform in the future (barring serious injuries), but the way they looked when they get into Varsity and in JV games, they are almost as impressive now as their Varsity counterparts and many are playing on sheer athleticism alone.  I don't think many of them truly know how to play yet.  Scary!!

I think Pappoe is better than Robert Nkemdiche was.  There are the positive intangibles that I just don't think Robert had.  Owen has the potential to be the team leader and he will be a junior next year.  I've not observed (not to say it hasn't happened) any of the attention going to his head.  To be sure losing the seniors will hurt but there is a lot of talent in the pipeline.

11 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

My Picks:

I've not said it all year and am somewhat loath to do so now but I think we win....comfortably.  Watching what we have done to quality opponents once we got our act together has been impressive.  Down year or not I never expected to put a running clock on Colquitt or some of the other teams.  Beat them, yes, beat them in the manner we did, no.  Even when we haven't looked good (to us) we've still been good enough or way better.  It have been an interesting year to watch for sure.

IT si going to be tight enough getting to the Dome on time Saturday.  I may have the full red suit on but I will be there for sure.  Trying to figure out if I can squeeze a trip to Dallas in that close to Christmas.  This is after all my busy season.  Sure wish they had scheduled it for the week after Christmas but I know issues that brings as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Tucker is going to show Valdosta how to defense is played. Simple as that. Tucker is going to run the ball at will on Valdosta. I said the state champ for 6A may come from region 4 at the start of the season.

Not a newbie. Been here as Nutforsport. Went back and found my old self.

Thanks for clarification.  We had another Sportsnut too so that was confusing. Get your an avatar, old fella 

On 12/5/2016 at 2:10 AM, Fred said:

I think Pappoe is better than Robert Nkemdiche was.  There are the positive intangibles that I just don't think Robert had.  Owen has the potential to be the team leader and he will be a junior next year.  I've not observed (not to say it hasn't happened) any of the attention going to his head.  To be sure losing the seniors will hurt but there is a lot of talent in the pipeline.

Which schools?

• Like 1