2021 DMC Schedule

GardenStateBaller

45 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Episcopal in Alexandria VA outside of DC. It’s a boarding school usually populated by wealthy southern families and DC suburbanites. They have recently had some top talent from Canada on the football team. Rivals with Woodberry Forest. 

Thx. I know several Woodberry Forest families. 

12 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Episcopal in Alexandria VA outside of DC. It’s a boarding school usually populated by wealthy southern families and DC suburbanites. They have recently had some top talent from Canada on the football team. Rivals with Woodberry Forest. 

And Blue Ridge! 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Did he lose his starting position? Or did he leave because Smyrna DE has a better OOS schedule than DMC? ;) 

He did it because he wanted to play at home with his friends. Here is a good article about his decision

https://baytobaynews.com/stories/talented-quarterback-edge-returns-to-smyrna,50498?fbclid=IwAR3MmDxT9c_5ZloeVCPGTyynmvX3_awMXQWbNFPZWuWZc2AvDU4tlcdLasE

“I’ve always made decisions for myself,” Edge said last week. “I did really well at DeMatha but there was just something missing.

“I wanted to be home with the people I love because a lot of these kids, this is their last year. These are my best friends in life. I knew I wouldn’t get this year back. I was kind of tired of being selfish.”

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

He did it because he wanted to play at home with his friends. Here is a good article about his decision

https://baytobaynews.com/stories/talented-quarterback-edge-returns-to-smyrna,50498?fbclid=IwAR3MmDxT9c_5ZloeVCPGTyynmvX3_awMXQWbNFPZWuWZc2AvDU4tlcdLasE

“I’ve always made decisions for myself,” Edge said last week. “I did really well at DeMatha but there was just something missing.

“I wanted to be home with the people I love because a lot of these kids, this is their last year. These are my best friends in life. I knew I wouldn’t get this year back. I was kind of tired of being selfish.”

I guess he's already committed to a college? 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I guess he's already committed to a college? 

As far as I know he has not committed.  It is odd that he started for the Stags in the spring games then transfers. There were rumors of this happening going back to last summer but you have to respect his decision I suppose. 

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

As far as I know he has not committed.  It is odd that he started for the Stags in the spring games then transfers. There were rumors of this happening going back to last summer but you have to respect his decision I suppose. 

That's odd. Most kids will only bolt a private for their local high school only after they commit. I call that the "DeCroce Rule." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Did he lose his starting position? Or did he leave because Smyrna DE has a better OOS schedule than DMC? ;) 

I think the 2 hour commute from Delaware to DC and being away from his family and friends got to him. I get it. DM has a fully capable senior ready to step in and some very talented freshman/soph’s at QB. I know one of the freshman QB’s is already getting P5 attention.

DM’s defense is going to be tough. The starting DL and DB’s are P5 offered across the board. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2