Peddie (NJ) - Interesting OOS Games

paladin4ever

8 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Here's an article about the St. Joseph's of Ottawa team that is playing Peddie and other American schools this year...another one of those Canadian prep-type teams that has been popping up:

https://ottawastart.com/elite-level-high-school-football-program-coming-to-ottawa/

Interesting that they will have another team, like a JV team, that will play locally...but this team will play a "national" schedule against US schools. Is this like another IMG?

Another interesting on is Pope John traveling to Florida to play Lake Gibson, who was 13-1 last year.The date is 9/8 at 7:30.  In fact, Pope John's first three games are, according to their web site:

Saturday, 9/2, Bishop McNamara of Maryland at home. 

Friday, 9/8, at Lake Gibson (Florida)

Saturday, 9/16, at Malvern Prep (Pa.)

In addition, Malvern Prep hosts St. Augustine on 9/1.

Edited by PJR
Forgot something

I definitely want to see them a few times, so I may check out that scrimmage out.  They have this transfer from Grand Street Campus named Ireland Burke, a DL who has some offers and he's a junior.  They also have Aidan Murray, a DE from Wallkill Valley, and Richie Peters, who started at nose guard as a sophomore for state finalist Manalapan.  I found out about Peters because I interviewed Manalapan for a team preview and I asked what happened to him, since he was not mentioned. He also played some varsity as a freshman.  Don't know about Peters, but Burke and Murray have their highlight clips on Maxpreps and/or Hudl.  Murray was a good player on a bad team.  

Burke's offers, so far, include Rutgers, Maryland, and Purdue, which reminds me of the Crusade, where Fred asks "when were you going to tell me you had an offer from Purdue?"

Fred said it to Jamaal Jones.  I will be headed to Chicago in a few weeks for some Cubs, White Sox, and Brewer action.  One stop I will check out is Ditka's, where I can, as Fred said, be "hoottin' and hollerin' like I'm the best defense since the 1985 Chicago Bears."

The Crusade, it's a cult classic, like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Imagine if they had a midnight showing in a theater!    Fred has line after line and some on this site will tell you I can recite practically the entire Crusade.  Another one with some good one-liners, though, it's basketball, is "The Street Stops Here" on Bob Hurley and St. Anthony's.  

23 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Who did Fred say that to? 

I wish the entire crusade was online ....

And Art Stapleton said the only two who watched the Crusade were myself and my sidekick.  When I told Mike Quick, he said, "that's not true."  

8 hours ago, PJR said:

Another interesting on is Pope John traveling to Florida to play Lake Gibson, who was 13-1 last year.The date is 9/8 at 7:30.  In fact, Pope John's first three games are, according to their web site:

Saturday, 9/2, Bishop McNamara of Maryland at home. 

Friday, 9/8, at Lake Gibson (Florida)

Saturday, 9/16, at Malvern Prep (Pa.)

In addition, Malvern Prep hosts St. Augustine on 9/1.

I wouldn't expect Lake Gibson to be as good as they were last year.   A couple of their higher end players (qb and OL) transfered to Lakeland this season.   Don't get me wrong it's still a very interesting game, but I wouldn't be worries about their record last year.

I think it's stupid to transfer from a 6A team who appears to be in better shape than a 7A rival. 

Lakeland doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to beat STA if they make it that far. 

At least Lake Gibson has the confidence to make it happen because they were so close. 

Hopefully LG represents 

There is a coach at Peddie now who coached at Pope John. He said today that Peddie is looking for national games and already spoke to Desoto and IMG about 2018. Nothing concrete yet.  

He also was real interested in the Battle of the Border in Louisiana because he is a Grambling alum, and wants to go back home. 

Your gonna see this team all over the map next year. 

32 minutes ago, Panama Red said:

That hack isn't a coach...he calls himself a coach he tries to recruit kids and tries to get his kid to go to the school for free...his name is Jovan...Carlson fired his was a no th ago lmfaooo

No this coach is Bruce Eugene. Maybe there was more than 1 coach that left. 

Spoke to Eugene when he was the OC at Pope John. He wanted to play a top oos team but could only find Lake Gibson for the same week at the time. 

He told me that he wanted PJ to play some big time opponents in 2018. That's was a few months ago. 

Out of the blue the other day he calls me and says he left PJ for the Peddie School. He told me they have all the weeks in September in 2018. 

I told him about the Battle of the Border in Louisiana and that's when he told me he went to Grambling and would love to go back home. I gave him he number to promoter and he said they had a good conversation and sent him a contract. Will update when I found out more 

14 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Gonzaga and malvern prep will be stiff enough tests for peddie. Esp gonzaga. 

Gonzaga has some very good players. 6-7 Power 5 kids and a bunch of lacrosse/rugby type kids that buy into the system. Depth may be an issue. They should be starting a very promising freshman QB who will be very good in time. Still a 9th grader at the toughest position on the field so a weakness nonetheless. Peddie vs Gonzaga should be a very entertaining game this year. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Peddle would lose by 28+ to any of the BNUs. Zaga should roll IMO. 

Didn't they play SPP closer than a running clock? 43-26. 

It was 31-14 at halftime but they brought in coaches that know how to get studs there. They might be able to hang with some better teams in 2018. 

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Gonzaga has some very good players. 6-7 Power 5 kids and a bunch of lacrosse/rugby type kids that buy into the system. Depth may be an issue. They should be starting a very promising freshman QB who will be very good in time. Still a 9th grader at the toughest position on the field so a weakness nonetheless. Peddie vs Gonzaga should be a very entertaining game this year. 

Gonzaga should be a 2 td favorite imo 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Gonzaga should be a 2 td favorite imo 

Yea I never was a fan of Peddie School stemming from high school wrestling. A very undeserving cocky bunch who played Blair's annoying little brother. 

I hate Gonzaga as a rival, but am their biggest fan OOC. The football program is about as clean cut as it gets. I thought Peddie took in some big transfers? Or was that last year?