Barringer(Newark, NJ) vs PC in a scrimmage

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

i gave BC crap for losing to Mckinley OH in a 7 v 7. I gotta do the same for PC. No matter what PC should have more athletes and should be deep enough to beat Barringer

McKinley is an old school power in OH. They might not be what they once were, but it's not unheard for them to have a decent squad from time to time. PC losing to a public is more embarrassing in my mind. 

• Like 1

Relax, it's much ado about nothing, it's 7-on-7, which is even more misleading than scrimmages.  Catholics have lost to publics before in 7-on-7.   Sabella coached teams always improve.  

Barringer should do well in 7-on-7 because they have a good QB in Zamar Wise, who will be a junior.  In fact, he was rumored late last season to possibly be transferring to one of the Catholics.  Barringer always has 2-3 good athletes.  Here is his Hudl page with highlights of last year, his sophomore season, and judging by the line, they seem to have a couple of big guys who don't move very well.  

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6306126/zamar-wise

It seems he has some offers:

http://247sports.com/Player/Zamar-Wise-92170

• Thanks 1

Just now, Adam Kurkjian said:

^^^this. I mean, when you take the pads and tackling out of football, it's not really football. I don't know why this is so hard of a concept for people to grasp.

7 on 7 is just a way for QBs and receivers to practice against other QBs and receivers. You can only do so much in practice against your own defense.

• Like 1

This isn't surprising at all. Barringer is a school located in a place full of athletes many of them are better athletes than you find in the BNU only difference is they don't finish school or qualify for college. If they had the grades or means they would be playing in the BNU.  With that said I have been watching Sabella closely, talking to kids, and a few on the staff I know. Based on what I'm hearing he's a great coach, however has zero clue on how to get players to the school. This is a skill he never needed at Public school, but your life depends on it at Private. Idc how good of a coach you are, you will not win if you don't have bullets for your gun. Sure, if your gun is big enough you'll pistol whip a few guys into submission however you will not get that off when the opponent has guns just as big as yours and bullets to reload. Sabella thinks or thought he would be able to get the talented white kids to come to PC. He quickly found out that he stands no chance doing that as long as SPP, BC, SJR, and DBP are around, and I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon. So now he's left to recruit the kid's PC has risen from the dead with. Only problem is that he has the slightest clue on how to connect with those kids, or where and how to find them. PC is hurting at WR and badly in need of depth in the trenches. They have a coach with no clue how to address those issues and the last of the guys left who had a clue is starring in the star ledger today. PC will be returning back to the basement within the next 2yrs unless Sabella figures out something about bringing in talent or hires someone who understands. Let's not forget last year and this year's Sr class are the last of the Partridge regime. Then it will be time for Dan to go get his own artillery. Good fkn luck. I hope he can do it, but I just don't see it happening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2