Trump's world....

DBP66

11 hours ago, Warrior said:

First of all, when did we ever stop teaching about Hitler and other despots? I learned about World War II and the Holocaust in many history classes, and those lessons certainly never painted Hitler or Mussolini as heroes. And as lieutenant governor, Robinson ought to know that education on the Holocaust and genocide is required by state statute, and federal law has provided funding for Holocaust education since 2020. Of course, “Mein Kampf” is probably excluded from most reading lists, and that’s perfectly fine — reading it is unnecessary even when teaching students about the horrors of Hitler. And while Robinson and his peers insist that children these days are being brainwashed by Marxist ideals, I was taught to regard communism in a strictly negative light. In fact, the only thing I actually learned about communism was that it was bad, even if I didn’t understand what it was. That experience isn’t unique to me, but it must not be good enough for Robinson and Republicans in other states. Florida, for example, now has a law designating Nov. 7 as “Victims of Communism Day” and requiring students to receive lessons about the “evils of communism.” The reason Robinson even brought up Hitler was to defend a Moms for Liberty chapter that recently received backlash for quoting Hitler in a newsletter. Robinson claimed it was no different than quoting Hitler in a history book. But history books put the quotes in context, and the newsletter did not — it quoted Hitler talking about “owning” the youth as if it were words of inspiration from Mother Teresa.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article277095708.html#storylink=cp

What the in the literal fuck is this?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Warrior said:

Here's the context. He was talking about gun control narratives. He was saying gun control and restrictions were enacted by the Weimar Republic long before Hitler. Idiot

IMG_2224.jpeg

It's hard to underestimate how stupid Mark Robinson is.

But let me give some more context: he has a lot of posts defending Hitler and the Nazis. He's similar to concha in that he's *not* exactly hostile to his regime. Some would say he likes them because they, too, were right-wing.

Given every opportunity to retract, rephrase or restate his comments he has refused.

Like this. Kill baby Hitler? No, no!

"Folks always talk about killing 'baby Hitler' to spare humanity from extreme misery," Robinson wrote in 2017, per Jewish Insider. "But if you really wanna do humanity a favor go back and kill 'baby Friedrich Engels' and 'toddler Karl Marx.'"

10 hours ago, Warrior said:

Here's the context. He was talking about gun control narratives. He was saying gun control and restrictions were enacted by the Weimar Republic long before Hitler. Idiot

IMG_2224.jpeg

By the way, this is a typically stupid and ahistorical argument. It's interesting that conservatives always use the Nazis as an example against gun control and not, you know, against murdering Jews.

This is a short excerpt from a New York Times op-ed by a history professor at the University of Vermont. A concise refutation of such nonsense.

The Jews of Germany constituted less than 1 percent of the country's population. It is preposterous to argue that the possession of firearms would have enabled them to mount resistance against a systematic program of persecution implemented by a modern bureaucracy, enforced by a well-armed police state, and either supported or tolerated by the majority of the German population.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

By the way, this is a typically stupid and ahistorical argument. It's interesting that conservatives always use the Nazis as an example against gun control and not, you know, against murdering Jews.

This is a short excerpt from a New York Times op-ed by a history professor at the University of Vermont. A concise refutation of such nonsense.

The Jews of Germany constituted less than 1 percent of the country's population. It is preposterous to argue that the possession of firearms would have enabled them to mount resistance against a systematic program of persecution implemented by a modern bureaucracy, enforced by a well-armed police state, and either supported or tolerated by the majority of the German population.

I’m not using the Jews for anything, just pointing out your deceptive mistake.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's hard to underestimate how stupid Mark Robinson is.

But let me give some more context: he has a lot of posts defending Hitler and the Nazis. He's similar to concha in that he's *not* exactly hostile to his regime. Some would say he likes them because they, too, were right-wing.

Given every opportunity to retract, rephrase or restate his comments he has refused.

Like this. Kill baby Hitler? No, no!

"Folks always talk about killing 'baby Hitler' to spare humanity from extreme misery," Robinson wrote in 2017, per Jewish Insider. "But if you really wanna do humanity a favor go back and kill 'baby Friedrich Engels' and 'toddler Karl Marx.'"

Again, not defending the holocaust. 

1 minute ago, Warrior said:

I’m not using the Jews for anything, just pointing out your deceptive mistake.

But Mark Robinson *has* an almost decades-long history of, indeed, using the Jews and the Nazis as props for his political vomit.

Which, you know, has been the topic of this digression.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

You're defending the guy who clearly has a Jewish/Nazi problem.

The problem is he can't stop making anti-Semitic comments and pro-Nazi quips.

So you were wrong, he didn’t deny the holocaust. It was MSDNC propaganda and you willingly fell for it again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

But it doesn't address the point and, in fact, doesn't even take your side. It seems lightly critical of Robinson.

You are a bizarre person.

See that’s the difference, I am criticizing and disagreeing with much of what Robinson said and how he said it. But still can point out you point of denial of the holocaust didn’t happen.

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But Mark Robinson *has* an almost decades-long history of, indeed, using the Jews and the Nazis as props for his political vomit.

Which, you know, has been the topic of this digression.

That’s your opinion.

13 minutes ago, Warrior said:

So you were wrong, he didn’t deny the holocaust. It was MSDNC propaganda and you willingly fell for it again. 

While I do appreciate getting to see the whole post, it's not exculpatory as you seem to think it is. We have dozens of examples of this guy riffing on the Nazis and the Jews. His positions aren't that muddy.

Also, I know that you only have a few canned lines in your talking points but, not, this is no from MSNBC.

👇

17 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You must be confused again about what reporting is.

He said this on his Facebook page as reported by the Raleigh News & Observer.

NC Lt. Gov. Robinson backs Israel, says he’s ‘never been antisemitic’ despite past comments

14 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

While I do appreciate getting to see the whole post, it's not exculpatory as you seem to think it is. We have dozens of examples of this guy riffing on the Nazis and the Jews. His positions aren't that muddy.

Also, I know that you only have a few canned lines in your talking points but, not, this is no from MSNBC.

👇

And yet still not denying the holocaust which was your initial claim and the point of this thread. 

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Direct quotes of Mark Robinson are facts.

But your existence is a perfect illustration of how dumb and gullible one was be to be a diehard Trump supporter.

Your interpretation of his quotes are called opinions. Idiot

Just now, Warrior said:

I can point out that you’re wrong about your opinions while disagreeing.

All you have to do is *actually* criticize his comments which, so far, you have not done.

You just quickly claimed, in passing, that you disagree and criticize what he said. Again, you're just a dumber version of concha (which is ironic).