Semi good news for Packass fans

Ga96

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of chatter around anongst teachers and parapros. 

Everyone else is super quiet. Super quiet to my experience means something is going on, but, the lord only knows what. Hahaha

Yeah it has caught everyone by surprise. I just want us to get slack back and fraudemaker can go back to selling furniture.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Yeah it has caught everyone by surprise. I just want us to get slack back and fraudemaker can go back to selling furniture.

I honestly have no idea whether he's gone or if any of what I've heard is true. I usually don't repeat rumors if I can't verify, but, once teachers and all start chattering idk. Strange it's coming from that direction before any boosters or hardcore fans. 

Idc if he stays or goes. If he stays he needs to fix a lot of issues that he himself has caused. Things like telling a kid one thing and a parent something different. Or telling one parent one thing and another something else. Etc. Moultrie is too small to have much of that shit going on. Also, we need to learn what's an acceptable excuse for missing a practice or being late. 1000% we need to figure out why we ended the season with 70 kids instead of the customary 90+. 

If he goes, I hope we have someone that will help generate some hype so the talent in our hallways turn out and at least try the sport.  

I honestly like Justin and think he's a good dude. So many people coming out and saying their kid tells them one thing and then when the parent goes and talks to the coach it's a different story. Hard to know if kids are embellishing or if the coach is back peddling. After several, seems like back peddling. I really have no idea though. A lot of moving parts in all of this. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Well, I guess that's a pretty solid source. Hahaha. 

So my teachers and educator buddies were onto something yesterday and this morning. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I honestly have no idea whether he's gone or if any of what I've heard is true. I usually don't repeat rumors if I can't verify, but, once teachers and all start chattering idk. Strange it's coming from that direction before any boosters or hardcore fans. 

Idc if he stays or goes. If he stays he needs to fix a lot of issues that he himself has caused. Things like telling a kid one thing and a parent something different. Or telling one parent one thing and another something else. Etc. Moultrie is too small to have much of that shit going on. Also, we need to learn what's an acceptable excuse for missing a practice or being late. 1000% we need to figure out why we ended the season with 70 kids instead of the customary 90+. 

If he goes, I hope we have someone that will help generate some hype so the talent in our hallways turn out and at least try the sport.  

I honestly like Justin and think he's a good dude. So many people coming out and saying their kid tells them one thing and then when the parent goes and talks to the coach it's a different story. Hard to know if kids are embellishing or if the coach is back peddling. After several, seems like back peddling. I really have no idea though. A lot of moving parts in all of this. 

Same but seems like everyone has said its a done deal. I hope yall don't get grage because from what ive seen at thomasville he will have the packers going wild on my vikings. We need assistant and DC coaching changes. I heard some thomasville boosters say he isn't going anywhere but we will see. 

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Same but seems like everyone has said its a done deal. I hope yall don't get grage because from what ive seen at thomasville he will have the packers going wild on my vikings. We need assistant and DC coaching changes. I heard some thomasville boosters say he isn't going anywhere but we will see. 

We're probably stuck with Rodemaker. I had heard a couple of months ago some school system people had told him to not go anywhere in case things went south with Justin, and, they went south. Maybe with the help of Rodemaker. Idk. There was some talk like that going on immediately following the game ar Martin where the defense acted like they had no idea what they were doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We're probably stuck with Rodemaker. I had heard a couple of months ago some school system people had told him to not go anywhere in case things went south with Justin, and, they went south. Maybe with the help of Rodemaker. Idk. There was some talk like that going on immediately following the game ar Martin where the defense acted like they had no idea what they were doing. 

I hope yall keep him. It will be good news for the rest of the region.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

To be honest I thought when it was announced Rodemaker was being hired at Colquitt he could not be trusted. 

Well, at the Meet The Pack Banquet/Seafood Extravaganza, we all got our nuts fluffed from he and others like Anders and Slack etc., about how they all "always wanted to be here" lol. How they had always looked up to Colquitt at how our fan base was and how we did everything. How coaching in Moultrie was always a dream... Yada yada yada. 

It's like I've said on here about others... You don't have to sell sell sell if it's a good product. Good products sell themselves. If you have to stand up there and blow all that smoke up my ass, something ain't right. Lol

xD

• Haha 2

Justin could have done things different here and still be here I think. He came into a bad situation, where the football community was already divided by the occurences that brought him here to begin with. 

When you come into a situation like that, the margin for error is razor thin. Nobody expected us to go undefeated and win three championships in three years with Justin. However, we had all been waiting for this group of kids to come through varsity. Eyes had been on them for years as they came through the program and the expectations were clearly very high. Justin was given everything he asked for and was over that group and they slowly quit, transferred out, or just flat didn't play up to the expected potential for him and that staff. 

The coaches' families couldn't deal with the avid fan base and their social media presence, or at times even in the stands. If anyone criticized the coaches (they're coaches, they will be publicly criticized forever) it would become arguments and shouting matches in the stands, such as after the Norcross loss last year. Online they couldn't just let fans be fans and criticize the coaches without it becoming some argument. To me their skin was too thin to be coaches' wives and stuff to be honest. Everyone isn't going to love you and how you do things. 

They really had a lot going on around here for a group that came into that bad situation. 

One thing that has stuck with me since the first season under Justin, was, once 9th grade season is over, they bring up the young ones to varsity, and brought up almost every ninth grader except Thomas Propst who was still playing here at the time. That was a really shitty move. Kids don't want to play for a vindictive person like that. Thomas couldn't help how the situation was any more than Justin or anyone else. He should have been brought up with his class and wasn't. 

Little slick shit like that here and there is why he's gone down to TCC and he won't last any longer there if he does shit like he did here. I really hope he learned from his time here and is a better coach because of it, and I wish him all the luck in the world down there. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will say this, these kids say things out of context what was communicated to them and embellish certainly. Several is how many, 5-6?

No telling at this stage. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Justin could have done things different here and still be here I think. He came into a bad situation, where the football community was already divided by the occurences that brought him here to begin with. 

When you come into a situation like that, the margin for error is razor thin. Nobody expected us to go undefeated and win three championships in three years with Justin. However, we had all been waiting for this group of kids to come through varsity. Eyes had been on them for years as they came through the program and the expectations were clearly very high. Justin was given everything he asked for and was over that group and they slowly quit, transferred out, or just flat didn't play up to the expected potential for him and that staff. 

The coaches' families couldn't deal with the avid fan base and their social media presence, or at times even in the stands. If anyone criticized the coaches (they're coaches, they will be publicly criticized forever) it would become arguments and shouting matches in the stands, such as after the Norcross loss last year. Online they couldn't just let fans be fans and criticize the coaches without it becoming some argument. To me their skin was too thin to be coaches' wives and stuff to be honest. Everyone isn't going to love you and how you do things. 

They really had a lot going on around here for a group that came into that bad situation. 

One thing that has stuck with me since the first season under Justin, was, once 9th grade season is over, they bring up the young ones to varsity, and brought up almost every ninth grader except Thomas Propst who was still playing here at the time. That was a really shitty move. Kids don't want to play for a vindictive person like that. Thomas couldn't help how the situation was any more than Justin or anyone else. He should have been brought up with his class and wasn't. 

Little slick shit like that here and there is why he's gone down to TCC and he won't last any longer there if he does shit like he did here. I really hope he learned from his time here and is a better coach because of it, and I wish him all the luck in the world down there. 

That IS a shitty move. Fuck that mofo!

bgw

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That IS a shitty move. Fuck that mofo!

bgw

That's pretty much what the kids here said I think. Looking back on all that, that was probably the beginning of his end. 

It pretty much led to the 9th grade coach having issues with him and eventually quitting, and, of course, no matter what anyone thought of Rush, Thomas grew up here playing with these kids that we're watching play ball right now. He was a starter on the 9th grade squad and didn't get his letter when his team mates did. 

• Sad 1