Georgia 2022 national champions

HurricaneNick

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I don't have to preen and pose on a message board to support my fragile ego

That's all people like you do. Spout tired sports cliches all day and attempt to gain all of your self-esteem from a college football team.

If you ever said one insightful or smart thing in your entire posting history it would be a huge upset.

Tell me again how losing 4 of your top players doesn't affect your ability to win games.

Nobody said it didn’t. But football is a team game and teammates and coaches need to step up when somebody goes down. 

Your inability to understand this would be impressive, if not for your never ending need to be the smartest guy in the room. 

Look at it like this…….losing injured players hurts like players missing assignments. Coaches scheming poorly. Refs blowing calls. All of these things factor into the game yet you chose to hang your hat on this one thing as opposed to bringing up every other variable under the Sun that is no different, reason wise, than your point. 

This is why football is the ultimate team sport. You need eleven guys, on any given play, plus coaches scheming correctly…….refs not missing calls…….snipers not shooting you from the stands…….and countless other things to have success. To just say “missing four starters hurt them” is a fucking cliche as it gets. Of course it did, Captain Obvious, but had they played there was no guarantee of a different outcome. 

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Gump had Williams and Metchie III vs Texas A&M too...lost that game.

And they scored 38 points and combined had 17 catches for 234 yards and 2 TDs.

RedZone is literally trying to argue that if a team had a bad game, or even lost a game, with certain players involved then if they get injured it would therefore have no impact on their chances of winning.

The things that people will say to merely oppose me are classic.

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

Alabama losing Williams in the 2nd quarter, after having already lost Metchie, was a HUGE blow to them. I happened to be watching the Coaches broadcast, and the TAMU coaches repeatedly mentioned how the young WRs didn't know what they were doing and how "18" (Slade Bolden) kept having to tell them what to do, where to line up etc. It completely disrupted Alabama's offense. The drop, while bad, is something that can be expected when it's a young kid who is probably uncomfortable and out of sorts from not being totally clear on what he's doing.

Alabama won't make excuses, nor should they. But, objective observers ought to be able to note the significance of the loss of those key players. Besides, we already saw what happened when Alabama had Williams for all of a game, and Metchie for part of a game vs. Georgia: they won by 17 points. As I've pointed out many times here, rematches tend to favor the defenses anyway. So, losing their other top WR proved to be too much for Alabama to sweep the season series. It ended 1-1. IMO, Bama was the better team this year, though by less than the 17 they won by in the first game.

No shit Sherlock. But whoopity fucking do!

It’s football and shit like this happens, along with a variety of other things I pointed out in the post above. To say “well losing starters to injury hurt” is just ducking dumb. Nobody needs to point that out, and when they do it damn sure looks and smells like an excuse to me. 

And I disagree with gump being the better team. Got lucky way too many times against inferior talent and squeaking by to make that claim. LSU should’ve beaten them. 

Maybe I can use the “we were missing over a dozen starters from the first game” excuse as to why we lost. Or I can just say we lost. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Nobody said it didn’t.

You have spent the entirety of your time in this thread telling us that it didn't matter, next man up, it's an excuse, (insert fanboy cliche).

👇

On 1/11/2022 at 9:04 AM, Sweetlarry said:

It is. It’s an excuse. 

20 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

It’s football. I understand you’ve never actually played it, but injuries are a part of the game. When somebody gets injured the next man steps in. Shit doesn’t change. 

15 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Hall was a top 5 WR in America. He didn’t make excuses. He owned it. Not surprisingly non athletic bitches like you make the excuses for him.

So when confronted with the absurdity of your claims you now want to say that you never said it.

Classic fanboy retreat.

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

But football is a team game and teammates and coaches need to step up when somebody goes down. 

(Meaningless fanboy cliche)

"You lose your two best receivers in the national championship game? Big deal! Someone else needs to step up!"

You couldn't advertise more how fundamentally little you understand about competitive athletics.

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Your inability to understand this would be impressive, if not for your never ending need to be the smartest guy in the room. 

Saying that someone else will replace the injured player is not insight.

It's fanboy nonsense meant to cover for your obvious lack of intellectual capabailties.

The fact that you're still here claiming that it didn't matter is proof of how delusional fanboys can be.

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Look at it like this…….losing injured players hurts like players missing assignments. Coaches scheming poorly. Refs blowing calls. All of these things factor into the game yet you chose to hang your hat on this one thing as opposed to bringing up every other variable under the Sun that is no different, reason wise, than your point. 

Losing players literally changes the team that's on the field.

But keep going deeper down this hole. It does nothing but further expose you.

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The diagnosis is simple.

People like sweetlarry and RedZone are just hopeless fanboys with no sense of reality.

The reality is this. Football is a team game. From coaches, to players to staffers to professors to trainers to waterboys and on and on. When somebody doesn’t do their job another person has to pick out he slack.  Had you ever played football you might understand, instead you post and post and post to wear people out with the same thing. 

Stick to computer analysis and dungeons and dragons and leave football talk to people who’ve played, coached and know the game. Reading a manual on surgery doesn’t make you a surgeon. 

Now go ahead and post with nine responses instead of letting it go. Having a short dick like that must suck. You overcompensate every single post any time anybody disagree with you. 

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You overcompensate every single post any time anybody disagree with you. 

It's not about me.

You are disagreeing with known facts about performance.

Because you're a poser who constantly has to pretend he's a football savant because you can never actually demonstrate it.

The compensation comes from people like you who are insecure in their own being and therefore have to pretend in place of actual ability.

LSU was the most depleted team in college football history this year...BUT, Atticus wants everyone to feel sorry for a team (Gump) that has won the team recruiting trophy for a 100 years now it seems. Gump was down some players> boo-hoo, boo-hoo, someone hand Atticus a towel so he cry some more.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

...BUT, Atticus wants everyone to feel sorry for a team (Gump) that has won the team recruiting trophy for a 100 years now it seems.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry.

I just stated simple facts about the depletion of their team which had a huge impact on the outcome.

This is irrefutable but those with agendas (including two LSU cranks) have an agenda to push so they disagree with said irrefutable facts.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Gump was down some players> boo-hoo, boo-hoo, someone hand Atticus a towel so he cry some more.

RedZone has to respond this way because he can't poke holes in what I *actually* said.

The truth is that if LSU had lost Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase and their two starting corners, and had turned a 17-point win over Clemson into a 15-point loss he'd being saying the same reasonable things that I said.

And he would've been right.

But he won't say them now because it doesn't benefit his fragile ego.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

...concha's Ohio St Buckeye beat Alabama with a 3rd sting QB making his 2nd start.

Obviously Ohio St had some depth. Alabama NOT so much 

RedZone can't refute simple logic and facts so he takes a completely different game from 8 years ago and attempts to make some kind of connection where none exists.

Or in other words, Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

RedZone has to respond this way because he can't poke holes in what I *actually* said.

The truth is that if LSU had lost Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase and their two starting quarters, and had turned a 17-point win over Clemson into a 15-point loss he'd being saying the same reasonable things that I said.

And he would've been right.

But he won't say them now because it doesn't benefit his fragile ego.

You are over the place........we (LSU) were down 12-13 starters vs Gump and lost by 6 points this year....outplayed Gump.

I'm bored now with you, Atticus.

Depending on the math one uses — and assuming LSU doesn’t lose any more bodies during pregames warm-ups — the Tigers will be missing as many as 12 projected starters.

The wounded include four of five starters in the secondary, both edge rushers and a defensive tackle, along with their best offensive weapon in wide receiver Kayshon Boutte.

The latest casualty is likely promising freshman defensive tackle Maason Smith, who Orgeron said has been on crutches since Tuesday after an injury early in the week.