Jump to content

2022 HS Track and Field


Wooderson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gunna have to research this guy.  
 

I think we all thought of track speed last night, when Tyreek Hill pressed his turbo boost button.  There’s NFL speed and there’s elite track speed… just smoking past the secondary speed and knowing he’s in with 10-15 yards left.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Nyckoles-Harbor-46114050/
 

I think we all should get to know his name… great find Wood.  
 

Ripped a 10.31 last July at the Univ of Oregon track.
 

He’s a 17 yr old jr… if he chooses to, he’s got two more outdoor track seasons ahead in HS.  
 

 

Based on the Clark Kent glasses in his 24-7 profile and the fact that he rolled a sub-21 200 at 6-5, 225 I'm pretty confident the kid is from Krypton.

Screenshot_20220125-070520_Samsung Internet.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Based on the Clark Kent glasses in his 24-7 profile and the fact that he rolled a sub-21 200 at 6-5, 225 I'm pretty confident the kid is from Krypton. 

Indeed ha.  That was like/laugh quality.  C'mon admins, we need another choice :).  

I sense he's a mild-mannered dude, who's interested in studying journalism in college lol.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, Wooderson said:

New national 600-meter record by (I believe) Georgia commit Will Sumner. Broke the 1:16 mark, a feat accomplished by less than 40 men ever.

 

 

Seeking information, whether it be crucial info from a possible terror threat lead, to a teen stealing a candy bar... 

Line em up.   400m for the candy bar aficionado to the 600m for the terror threat lead who's not talking.  

Ask them again after their run... no answer, no water.   Line up again.    Ready?    

"Wait, Wait" !!!!!!!   

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Seeking information, whether it be crucial info from a possible terror threat lead, to a teen stealing a candy bar... 

Line em up.   400m for the candy bar aficionado to the 600m for the terror threat lead who's not talking.  

Ask them again after their run... no answer, no water.   Line up again.    Ready?    

"Wait, Wait" !!!!!!!   

I ran the 300 in a Masters meet in December; pulled up lame about 110 in (had a pinch in the inner thigh) but was able to settle in, focus on form and finish in sub-60 400 pace. I'm not going to be getting any speeding citations anytime soon but the takeaway (for me) was...that was easy. Aside from my thigh I felt like if I needed to do that again I could with 15-20 of rest.

This past summer my regular running workout was 800 repeats; the 800 is not "easy" but there's a strategy to it (get up to speed in that first 200, emphasize form the next 400-500, run that last stretch like you stole something). I personally prefer "easy" to "simple" in this case, but also find that all I need for the 800 to make that transition to easy is to decrease the dollar value of what I stole in that last 100-200.

All of that to say I don't know what it is about that extra 100 that turns an "easy" 300 into a "I think I'm dying" 400, or how that extra 200 in the 800 somehow makes it easier than the 600. Makes one think that Satan might not be just an observer of the track scene but had a hand in dictating some of these distances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I ran the 300 in a Masters meet in December; pulled up lame about 110 in (had a pinch in the inner thigh) but was able to settle in, focus on form and finish in sub-60 400 pace. I'm not going to be getting any speeding citations anytime soon but the takeaway (for me) was...that was easy. Aside from my thigh I felt like if I needed to do that again I could with 15-20 of rest.

This past summer my regular running workout was 800 repeats; the 800 is not "easy" but there's a strategy to it (get up to speed in that first 200, emphasize form the next 400-500, run that last stretch like you stole something). I personally prefer "easy" to "simple" in this case, but also find that all I need for the 800 to make that transition to easy is to decrease the dollar value of what I stole in that last 100-200.

All of that to say I don't know what it is about that extra 100 that turns an "easy" 300 into a "I think I'm dying" 400, or how that extra 200 in the 800 somehow makes it easier than the 600. Makes one think that Satan might not be just an observer of the track scene but had a hand in dictating some of these distances.

Congrats on staying in shape and pushing yourself and competing.  

My lone track trophy on left in red at my parents house.  :) 
Won a summer cumulative event in the area.  There was one faster sprinter than me, but he missed a week for vacation, which enabled me to take the title lol.  
 

I gotta find the green pair of track footwear I had back then… 78-79 period and my fav pair to wear for lightness and comfort (more than all the tennis sneaks I had).  I really dug sprinting, but I had  to choose between baseball and tennis for the spring after that summer track season.  Tennis won.  

 

5EA213AF-9E61-442F-B684-DBF28B770FA8.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You’re in luck @Wooderson as my sister found Mom’s scrapbook at the house this past weekend and there’s a pic of me holding that trophy.  But ouch that photo lol.  Oh man, I had the Clark Kent look for sure with my first pair of frames and my hair looks like I likely had to run a 440 yarder just prior to the pic. 😂 

I’ll PM you the unedited versions if you like… I’ll work on blocking out info and sharing here later today.  Sadly the b&w photo of very young GA, doesn’t highlight the green track tires I dug.  But I’m wearing em.  :)  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

You’re in luck @Wooderson as my sister found Mom’s scrapbook at the house this past weekend and there’s a pic of me holding that trophy.  But ouch that photo lol.  Oh man, I had the Clark Kent look for sure with my first pair of frames and my hair looks like I likely had to run a 440 yarder just prior to the pic. 😂 

I’ll PM you the unedited versions if you like… I’ll work on blocking out info and sharing here later today.  Sadly the b&w photo of very young GA, doesn’t highlight the green track tires I dug.  But I’m wearing em.  :)  

Wife's out of town and your post yesterday inspired me to dig up my modest collection of medals from senior year, so at some point those will make an appearance here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Wife's out of town and your post yesterday inspired me to dig up my modest collection of medals from senior year, so at some point those will make an appearance here.

Let's tryout for the US message board sports forum senior Curling competition...  I'll need 6 months to prep for the sweeping however, for cardio and technique.  :)  

I am digging Curling strategy.   Any Curling Bar and Grill establishments in the U.S. ?   

Darts, bowling, billiards & axe throwing... yawn!   I want to join a curling league and drink IPA's.  

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Let's tryout for the US message board sports forum senior Curling competition...  I'll need 6 months to prep for the sweeping however, for cardio and technique.  :)  

I am digging Curling strategy.   Any Curling Bar and Grill establishments in the U.S. ?   

Darts, bowling, billiards & axe throwing... yawn!   I want to join a curling league and drink IPA's.  

 

Your official uniform has to include the hair and tats🤪

 

977B764F-F1F5-4178-B747-537E328AA7B0.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Let's tryout for the US message board sports forum senior Curling competition...  I'll need 6 months to prep for the sweeping however, for cardio and technique.  :)  

I am digging Curling strategy.   Any Curling Bar and Grill establishments in the U.S. ?   

Darts, bowling, billiards & axe throwing... yawn!   I want to join a curling league and drink IPA's.  

 

No lie, back when I first started on message boards (20 years  ago now) I put together a group of like minded posters to create a Message Board All-stars flag football team. On paper we had a good squad - our QB and RB were starters for Phoenix Cortez's '98 4A semifinalist squad, our center/rush specialist was this big dude from Long Beach that played at one of the non-Poly schools there, and I...was tall? We were able to arrange a friendly exhibition against Millennium High and our good-on-paper squad of college kids and weekend warriors got boat raced 63-7.

That was the end of the Message Board All-stars. We probably should have pursued curling instead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the goods from senior year; trophies state Junior Olympic (left) and USATF championships in the 4x800 relay, bottom medal is West Valley Region 1st place in 4x400, top two are invitational medals in those relays, and the gaudy disco-esque medallion came with the USATF championship (trophies were given out by club coach to 1st place finishers). 

The key to eternal legend status in athletics is easy - have teammates that are better than you.

20220215_184852.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s late, but Roblox after hours got my mind racing for some research on their earnings and subscriber numbers… and as promised.  :) 
 

Non George Mikan look in same year class photo.  Dig my yellow outfit?  Clyde Frasier would have approved.  I wish I had a bowl cut now!  

 

 

12EE1EEC-134A-4B0F-B52D-D8C605FCBCFA.jpeg

9C0DB6ED-8551-43CE-B267-F63C6EB7B2BC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

… young GA in middle.  Season (summer) best 5th grade:  

50 yard dash:  6.9    100 yard dash 14.1 

Guy on far left ran a 10.5 100 yard dash that summer league… not too shabby considering the pebble crap track we ran on.  

42457DA5-74BF-453C-848F-DD906CED2D5A.jpeg
 

Lol just found my class photo from a year prior.  You’ll find me as  I think I was a roadie for Deep Purple’s tour that year.  😂

Had to laugh at the kid’s white suit and there’s a girl in both photos that reminded me her father placed railroad tracks on my teeth for 2 years (a few years later).  

B0E049CC-2DFD-4B47-8566-DA55FD72EDC7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Wooderson @OldTerrapin

One of the most heart wrenching articles I’ve ever read.  Looking at dying father and not being afraid anymore.  
Sorry…. if that doesn’t tug at your heart nothing will.   Real persona or not.  

Nonetheless, any track fan who posts here is likely aware of the infamous Frank Shorter name and his iconic performances.  
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@golfaddict1

There is no doubt who the Speed States are and it's really only 2.  All time HS Records.  All Floridians or Texans except 3.  1 from NC, GA, and VA.   

100 METERS
10.00 Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, North Carolina) 2014
10.01 Jeff Demps (South Lake, Groveland, Florida) 2008
10.09(A) Anthony Schwartz (American Heritage, Plantation, Florida) 2018
10.09 Jaylen Slade (IMG, Bradenton, Florida) 2021
10.11(A) Matthew Boling (Strake, Houston, Texas) 2019
10.12 ————Demps 2008
10.13 Derrick Florence (Ball, Galveston, Texas) 1986
10.13 ————Schwartz 2018
10.13 ————Boling 2019
10.14 *Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Virginia) 2015
**10 performances by 7 performers**
10.15 Henry Neal (Greenville, Texas) 1990
10.16 Houston McTear (Baker, Florida) 1976
10.18 Roy Martin (Roosevelt, Dallas, Texas) 1985
10.18 Ryan Clark (Banneker, College Park, Georgia) 2015
ALL-CONDITIONS
9.98w Matthew Boling (Strake, Houston, Texas) 2019
9.99w(A) Trayvon Bromell (Gibbs, St. Petersburg, Florida) 2013
10.00 Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, North Carolina) 2014
10.00w Jose Garcia (Harlingen, Texas) 2021
10.00w Connor Washington (College Park, The Woodlands, Texas) 2021
10.01 Jeff Demps (South Lake, Groveland, Florida) 2008
10.03w ————Demps 2008
10.03w *Jaylen Slade (IMG, Bradenton, Florida) 2021
10.04w Kalon Barnes (Silsbee, Texas) 2018
10.04w ————*Slade 2021
**10 performances by 8 performers**
10.05w J-Mee Samuels (Mt. Tabor, Winston-Salem, North Carolina) 2005
10.05w *Marvin Bracy (Boone, Orlando, Florida)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

200 METERS ALL TIME HS BOYS

TX Leads with 3 different Sprinters.   Cali dominated by Michael Norman.  No other State has more than 1 qualifier. 

 

20.09 Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Virginia) 2016
20.13 Roy Martin (Roosevelt, Dallas, Texas) 1985
20.13 ————Martin 1985
20.14 Tyreek Hill (Coffee County, Douglas, Georgia) 2012
20.14 Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, California) 2016
20.15 ————Norman 2016
20.17 ————Norman 2016
20.18 ————*Lyles 2015
20.20 *Jaylen Slade (IMG, Bradenton, Florida) 2021
20.21 ————Norman 2016
20.21(A) Udodi Onwuzurike’ (Rice, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan) 2021
**11 performances by 6 performers**
20.22 Dwayne Evans (South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona) 1976
20.24 Joe DeLoach (Bay City, Texas) 1985
20.29 Clinton Davis (Steel Valley, Munhall, Pennsylvania) 1983
20.31(A) Matthew Boling (Strake, Houston, Texas) 2019
ALL-CONDITIONS
20.03w Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, North Carolina) 2014
20.04w ————Friday 2014
20.04w Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Virginia) 2016
20.06w Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, California) 2016
20.09 ————Lyles 2016
20.13 Roy Martin (Roosevelt, Dallas, Texas) 1985
20.13 ————Martin 1985
20.13w(A) Udodi Onwuzurike’ (Rice, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan) 2021
20.14 Tyreek Hill (Coffee County, Douglas, Georgia) 2012
20.14 ————Norman 2016
**10 performances by 6 performers**
20.20 *Jaylen Slade (IMG, Bradenton, Florida) 2021
20.22 Dwayne Evans (South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona) 1976
20.24 Joe DeLoach (Bay City, Texas) 1985
20.29 Clinton Davis (Steel Valley, Munhall, Pennsylvania) 1983
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...