In Further News....

Rufus69

...Colquitt is hoping to have a staff put together before spring football.  North Morven is saying that longtime Packer fans will be more than happy with the probable results.  If things continue in their current flow...who knows...we might win a game or two this fall.  Heck...we might even make the playoffs.

More to come...

Rufus>>

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 67packer said:

We’ve got to do better than that with our strength and conditioning. Multiple people have mentioned Sutton to Calhoun but he’s shown no interest. Now I hear Sutton is being courted by Grange.

The kids are saying he's killing them in these off season work outs. They're working way harder now than at any time under Rogers. 

Not that that will translate to better conditioning because rest is just as important as work, but, I guess its a trend in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, 67packer said:

We’ve got to do better than that with our strength and conditioning. Multiple people have mentioned Sutton to Calhoun but he’s shown no interest. Now I hear Sutton is being courted by Grange.

Heard yall had about 15 players return to the team. Glad for those kids being able to come back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodchopper said:

Also got Stan Lutrell. Who brings his son "white lightning" to Colquitt.

Knew about that one also. Any idea what position he's taking on the staff? He was head coach at Hebron Christian. 

Not super excited about the Giddens hire, but, we'll see on that one. Definitely happy about Rowell. 

• Like 1

Idk if anyone is interested, but, Tevin King who was a Colquitt rb from about 2006 to 2010. Kid suffered from narcolepsy and I've heard he would actually fall asleep in the huddle sometimes. Idk if that will be in the documentary. 

He was the older brother of Siheim King that most posters on here know of. 

Might be an interesting documentary. Kid was a beast on the field for sure. 

Apparently gonna hit the theater in Moultrie soon. As soon as it becomes available to stream somehow I'll drop a link. 

Anyway .. it's some football stuff. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if anyone is interested, but, Tevin King who was a Colquitt rb from about 2004 to 08. Kid suffered from narcolepsy and I've heard he would actually fall asleep in the huddle sometimes. Idk if that will be in the documentary. 

Apparently gonna hit the theater in Moultrie soon. As soon as it becomes available to stream somehow I'll drop a link. 

One of my favorites.  I have one of his No.22 jerseys.  This kid DID what many bigger backs wish they could have.  I loved watching Tevin compete.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

A lot of us thought Tevin should have gone to Auburn instead of La Tech.

To Auburn...where you don't hafta actually go to class or pass subjects in order to play.

Alas...he did not.

Rufus>>

I remember Rush trying his best to get him back into school either there or at another school. 

On 2/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if anyone is interested, but, Tevin King who was a Colquitt rb from about 2006 to 2010. Kid suffered from narcolepsy and I've heard he would actually fall asleep in the huddle sometimes. Idk if that will be in the documentary. 

Pound for pound the best football player I've ever seen.

• Like 1

The Mighty Lowndes Vikings have hired TWO Colquitt assistant coaches away from the Hawgs.

Ashley Anders went to the Vikings as their new DC and Buck Hansen went to the Vikings as their new O-Line coach.

After hearing the news...the Marietta Daily Journal projected 2022 Lowndes as No.1...over Buford and Grayson.

While Colquitt languishes at No.17 in the State.

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

The Mighty Lowndes Vikings have hired TWO Colquitt assistant coaches away from the Hawgs.

Ashley Anders went to the Vikings as their new DC and Buck Hansen went to the Vikings as their new O-Line coach.

After hearing the news...the Marietta Daily Journal projected 2022 Lowndes as No.1...over Buford and Grayson.

While Colquitt languishes at No.17 in the State.

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

They definitely could have done worse than Buck Hansen. Looks like we just traded O line coaches with them. Hope it works out for us. Lol