Wall Street update - brought to you by Pepto Bismol

golfaddict1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, concha said:

Huh?

Here's concha citing an op-ed by economic dunce and Trump lackey Stephen Moore.

👇

On 2/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, concha said:

For anyone interested, here's an article about the discussion Andy is trying to dishonestly reference.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01/22/the-truth-behind-obamas-job-numbers/

On 2/5/2022 at 8:07 PM, concha said:

ADP releases their data every month and it is regularly covered (and respected) by the financial press

And it was completely wrong.

I bet if the outcome had gone the other way you'd be attacking it as a part of the "leftist" media narrative.

But you can't do anything but sulk today because goof economic news came in and it hurts your agenda.

46 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Here's concha citing an op-ed by economic dunce and Trump lackey Stephen Moore.

👇

Classic Andy/Simon Legree.

So ayear ago  I link a single article written by the guy and he's my favorite guy in the world?

🤡

Out of curiosity, I wonder if Simon Legree is capable of disproving the facts in the article?

Go.

48 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And it was completely wrong.

I bet if the outcome had gone the other way you'd be attacking it as a part of the "leftist" media narrative.

But you can't do anything but sulk today because goof economic news came in and it hurts your agenda.

I don't sulk if the American people get better off.

I also recognize when they are still about 2.5M off the employment level highs of two years ago and that these aren't new jobs.  If people lose their jobs due to shut downs and simply go back to the same jobs later, all you are doing is playing catch up.

2 hours ago, concha said:

concha sulking about good economic news.

👇

On 11/17/2021 at 9:03 AM, concha said:

Inflation is at its highest level this century.

Non-farm employment is still about 4 million below the high achieved before the pandemic hit.

Labor participation is well below where it was two years ago.

The Misery Index is at nearly 11%.

But per Andy, Bormio should be celebrating.

🤡

On 11/24/2021 at 4:53 PM, concha said:

1) Given the current low LPR, the labor force being 4M workers shy of its high under Trump and the over 10.4M current job openings, that's good? Americans not wanting to work is a good thing?

2) Which is much less than 1.3% when netted against inflation. Here's some fun data:  Real disposable personal income is declining. This would indicate that folks are spending the "free" gubmint money they saved, which is thus not going to be sustainable spending.

Look at consumer sentiment: "...the University of Michigan reported that its consumer sentiment index fell 4.3 percentage points to a reading of 67.4 this month, its lowest level since November 2011, weighed down by inflation concerns.".

What a dumbass.

But he thinks he's being clever.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, concha said:

1) LFPR didn't decline under Trump until Covid.  It wasn't a factor in the declining unemployment rates under Trump. It's math.

2) Inflation is high now. It wasn't under Trump.

Andy hits keys on his computer and words come out.  They just don't make meaningful or honest points.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:01 AM, concha said:

Of course Simon Legree won't point out that there are still millions who haven't returned to work (the labor force is still well below where it was before all the business shutdowns occurred).

And he also fails to point out that he is not talking about REAL wage growth. Tell us, Simon, what happens when these wage growth numbers are netted against current inflation rates (7% for 2021)?

👇

On 1/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, concha said:

Ask yourself how the lowering unemployment rate reflects healthy jobs and job growth when this president looks to be he first since Hoover to not see 3% or better GDP growth in any year of his tenure in the White House.

And I give you concha's magnum opus of sulking.

👇

On 1/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, concha said:

Obama has been president for 8 years. Eight.

In not a single year under his presidency will have seen 3% or greater growth. This has not happened since Hoover, a man who left the White House over eighty years ago.

As regards the unemployment rate, the left loves to look at the low number.  It belies the fact that the labor participation rate has plummeted and a big reason for it is NOT simply Baby Boomers retiring, but younger, working age people who have given up. Fact. Nearly 6 million of the "employed" category are in part-time jobs involuntarily (they want full-time).

Your own first graph shows <35 hr workers notably higher than under the Bush years and the >35 are still lower.  After two full terms.

This is the slowest recovery on record.

And I saw you are proudly pointing all all the months of job growth. See above.  Jobs being created? Yes. But SLOWLY, especially given population growth. And they still - in comparison to recent history - tend to be more part-time than normal and to not show income growth (stagnant wages).

I don't see any of what you posted disproving these points I've made.

concha telling us that unless you have 3% growth in a year then adding jobs is irrelevant!

👇

On 1/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, concha said:

Ask yourself how the lowering unemployment rate reflects healthy jobs and job growth when this president looks to be he first since Hoover to not see 3% or better GDP growth in any year of his tenure in the White House.

Yet here's concha fluffing the job numbers of a President who *checks notes* never had a single year of 3% growth.

👇

On 1/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, concha said:

Job creation get tougher the lower the unemployment rate. Trump has actually it substantially under the so-called "full employment" rate (typically thought of as around 5%). If you look at the U6 unemployment measure, the types of jobs are improving (less "underemployed" people and thus more full-time employed people).

Nearly 200k manufacturing jobs were added - jobs thought by many to be one forever.

Even the WaPo couldn't avoid the headline: Trump’s first-year jobs numbers were very, very good (Jan 5th)

On 3/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, concha said:

Last 3 months of 2016 average <150k.

2016 averages 187k per month.

January and February solidly higher.

Trump elected in November.

ADP sees strongest jobs numbers in years.  Pure coincidence. Or in spite of Trump/Republican victory. In SOC-land, that is.

Strong job numbers from BLS. Pure coincidence. Or in spite of Trump/Republican victory. In SOC-land, that is.

Ten-year high numbers for construction and manufacturing. Pure coincidence. Or in spite of Trump/Republican victory. In SOC-land, that is.

In SOC-land, these strong jobs numbers are due to Obama policies.  The SOC-land story is that Republicans and Trump control the government and are evil and awful, yet companies are hiring in spite of them being around and Obama going bye-bye, and they are making decisions based on wonderful Obama stuff that is circling the schneid.

SOC-land. It's funny as hell. Please visit.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:34 PM, concha said:

Oh, I understand what you are doing very well.

You are using long periods of time that have nothing to do with the actual situation Trump inherited for a very specific reason:

By using extended periods of time the situation that Trump actually had handed to him is hidden.

You want to bury the fact that Obama did NOT hand Trump anything close to a vibrant economy.

In the 12-18 months prior to Trump entering the WH, unemployment was barely moving.

It takes two straight quarters of negative GDP growth to classify as a recession.  Obama had six (6!) consecutive quarters where unemployment declines didn't even hit 0.1% per month on average. S-I-X. Down less than half-a-point in 18 months....

But you are so intellectually dishonest you'd have people believe that the magic trend fairy somehow just went on vacation for Obama's 12-18 final months and things would have magically gone down to natural unemployment levels anyway. 🤡

Shall we discuss the 500k manufacturing jobs that have been created under Trump that Obama said were gone forever? 🤡

On 2/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, concha said:

Indeed.

Especially if you ignore the low unemployment rates, finally rebounding labor participation rate, the 2.9 million jobs added in the last 12 months including hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs, strong GDP growth, the world-leading energy sector...

You = 🤡

concha: jobs are going to disappear permanently!

👇

On 4/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, concha said:

What do you think is going to happen with stuff like this as more and more jobs disappear permanently and people's savings are used up?

Also, concha: who cares?! These are just jobs returning from before!

👇

I also recognize when they are still about 2.5M off the employment level highs of two years ago and that these aren't new jobs.  If people lose their jobs due to shut downs and simply go back to the same jobs later, all you are doing is playing catch up.

If you don't celebrate than you're unhappy with job creation.

👇

On 3/26/2020 at 2:05 PM, concha said:

I have no doubt he's actually happy that Americans are losing their jobs.

We've all seen how he acts when the news of employment gains are announced.

concha: if you vote D you might not have a job!

👇

On 2/21/2020 at 7:11 AM, concha said:

You'd have to ask people to enter a voting booth while wondering if they and their neighbors will have jobs afterward if they push the "D" button.

Also, concha: OK, they have jobs but they're just the ones they had before!

👇

On 2/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, concha said:

225k jobs added in January

Labor participation rate up to 63.4% (highest in 6 1/2 years and continuing the reversal the decline during the Obama years).

Wages up.

But how do leftists look at life?

It sucks. Because they lost in 2016 and they can't stop shitting themselves over it every day.   🤣

467k jobs added in January.

Labor participation rate up to 62.2% (highest in 2 years and continuing the reversal of the decline during the Trump years).

Wages up.

But how do right-wingers look at life?

It sucks. Because they lost in 2020 and they can't stop shitting themselves over it every day. 🤣

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

👇

Again. 

Andy wants us to believe that things are rosy and he posted a couple of data points.

The problem is that his points weren't the whole story.

Andy/Simon is sulking that I pointed out that his pom-pom show for Brandon wasn't an honest portrayal of reality.

🤡

🤣

I'm not going to address the 9 or so posts resulting from Simon Legree getting triggered and doing his usual weirdo posting of other folk's old posts.

It can all be done in a simple response:

Simon wants folks to take any numbers or data he pukes out at face value and for folks not to involve thought.

Examples:

Obama had long, slow recovery in his presidency.  Andy wants folks to look at declines in the unemployment rate  - no questions asked. The problem is that folks who understand what's going on know that much of the decline in unemployment rates under Obama were due to people giving up looking for jobs. Andy HATES that I point out this FACT.

The poverty rate.  Simon, like a typical leftist, wants everyone to believe the very old measure of poverty that shows most of the high poverty levels in the country to be in red states.  The Census Bureau - which handles the poverty measure - recognizes the traditional measure to be outdated and they created a new measure which actually includes cost of living when comparing poverty levels by state. Common sense.  That measure flips the script and you see places like New York and California amongst the worst. Simon HATES that.

So, unsurprisingly, Andy hates it when someone points out that all that is happening is people are going back to jobs that they were fired from due to shut downs.  We are about 2.5M from even breaking even. For folks like Andy, if you get fired due to policies he likes and then get the job back later, that's cause for Andy to pound his chest. 🤡

And if your wages rise 5% that's awesome (don't pay attention to the 7% inflation rate we had last year). 🤡

In summary, Andy is not intellectually honest. He's a douche and a shill.

Here's the actual headline:

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economic-issues-watch/us-wages-grew-fastest-pace-decades-2021-prices-grew-even-more

US wages grew at fastest pace in decades in 2021, but prices grew even more

REAL WAGES AND COMPENSATION HAVE FALLEN

Real wages and compensation increased dramatically in the first six months of the pandemic, as prices fell while wages and compensation continued to grow. Since then, however, price growth has been more rapid than wage and compensation growth, and so real wages and compensation have been falling. Real wages fell at a 4.3 percent annual rate from September to December and have now fallen 1.2 percent since December 2019. Real wages would have been expected to rise by over 2 percent over this period, so real wages are 3.3 percent below their pre-pandemic trend. Real compensation has similarly fallen short, falling 1.7 percent since December 2019 and 3.6 percent relative to trend (figure 4).

Hey, Simon Legree... 🤣

douche-douchebag.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, concha said:

Andy got his ass kicked and is now going to hide.  🤣

Your track record needs no further elaboration.

There's a lie and/or contradiction of yours on practically every issue.

For instance, concha is now pivoting to inflation as his shield. Inflation which is a result of COVID-19 and is outside of any one person's control.

concha said as much.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, concha said:

We are currently seeing some market setbacks due to the coronavirus. That is hardly Trump's fault despite the attempts of sniveling morons like you trying to portray it as such.

How many times has he said something wasn't Biden's fault or even Obama's fault?

This joker spent 8 years talking about how slow the recovery was after the greatest economic recession since the Great Depression.

Never a word about it not being Obama's fault.

In fact, he implied that it was *all* Obama's fault that the recovery was "slow" and that Trump's mere presence caused stocks to shoot up and jobs to magically appear.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.dcb32fcd510aa5f0d163836d6b63bad8.png

Too much of a good thing, in the form of rapidly rising wages, is expected to push Federal Reserve interest rate hikes at an even faster pace.

image.png.196b731c7ecc7fb00cef7a6107ca6056.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/07/seven-hikes-fast-rising-wages-could-cause-the-fed-to-raise-interest-rates-even-higher-this-year.html

Sniveling concha will find a way to massage this to fit his narrative.

As he always does.

I can easily pull up his predictions for Biden's America.

Jobs would be fleeing cities in record numbers! Mass job loss! Roving bands of street savages would be committing crimes unabated!