Is the Dollar in Danger

Warrior

On 9/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Interesting news in 🇩🇪 re: potentially nationalizing an energy company.  Looking at Wiki, Germany hasn’t nationalized a company since 2008.  

Uniper’s stock value dropped 17 pct today and down 90 pct YTD.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-14/germany-mulls-nationalizing-uniper-as-energy-crisis-worsens

Done and it’s definitely a crisis.

Oil delivery is coming later this week to my daughter’s bf’s home.  Approx 100 pct increase in bill.  Temp inside is 59 f currently there.  

Following the Federal Reserve's third consecutive 75 basis point hike, the US dollar rose sharply against all other major currencies.

• The US dollar index (DXY) ramped up by 1%, rising from 110.6 to 111.6 (as of this writing).
  • The euro (EUR/USD) broke decisively below $0.99, falling 0.9% to $0.98 and reaching its lowest level since October 2002.
  • The British pound (GBP/USD) fell below $1.13, hovering at levels not seen since March 1985.
  • The Japanese yen (USD/JPY) plummeted to ¥145 per USD after the Bank of Japan held another dovish meeting overnight.
  • Both the New zealand dollar (NZD/USD) and the Australian dollar (AUD/USD) updated their year-to-date lows, hovering near their lowest levels since March 2020.

30 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Following the Federal Reserve's third consecutive 75 basis point hike, the US dollar rose sharply against all other major currencies.

• The US dollar index (DXY) ramped up by 1%, rising from 110.6 to 111.6 (as of this writing).
  • The euro (EUR/USD) broke decisively below $0.99, falling 0.9% to $0.98 and reaching its lowest level since October 2002.
  • The British pound (GBP/USD) fell below $1.13, hovering at levels not seen since March 1985.
  • The Japanese yen (USD/JPY) plummeted to ¥145 per USD after the Bank of Japan held another dovish meeting overnight.
  • Both the New zealand dollar (NZD/USD) and the Australian dollar (AUD/USD) updated their year-to-date lows, hovering near their lowest levels since March 2020.

My work conversions EUR-USD through the years varied of course, but majority of the conversions were certainly above 1.20 and would avg above that if annual avg. for sure.  

I just looked and saw .97!  😯 

4.88 Polish Zloty to the US dollar.  That’s also a wow strength.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 9:10 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I’ve tried to share below what I’m referring to as far as lowest lows and a trend line.  The 3 yr analysis in this scenario is not really important to me, but I’ve shared it below by quarter.  The line and arrow is my doing sorry 😂 I tried.  

By no means is this a guarantee of a dip , but let’s have a look after the quarter and see if my guesstimate trend line chart is correct… and we can follow each quarter after.  I can dig it.  I may totally be wrong.  

74EEDC3A-EB90-424F-8B21-EF66D6081242.jpeg

From my post on 9/12, the USD strengthened and shot up to a new peak … but, the last 5 days it has dropped a decent amount and especially the last two days.   

Looking at the chart attached from today, you can see the strong dip that has occurred and the trend line,  if marked, would resemble what I was anticipating.   It tried to form a low earlier but it failed and rose again, but another try has succeeded and the market for sure has taken notice.  

UUP is the USD hedge I’ve been using and successfully using to this point.  I started another new  position in UUP today on the dip and will add for sure if it continues to drop.  

42F9009D-DCF9-468E-AE2B-CF33F25A2943.jpeg

On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, Warrior said:

Do you understand what this means? The US dollar will become worthless if/when the Chinese yuan replaces it. Your 401K’s, retirement funds, etc will all be worthless as well. Everything you have worked for your entire lives - gone. Not to mention the impact to America and our economy.
THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE BEING DISTRACTED FROM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/in-blow-to-biden-saudi-arabia-considers-helping-china-unseat-us-dollar-as-worlds-reserve-currency%3f_amp=true?fbclid=IwAR0Tb21LASCvi6-P6Mmktkdzb4fHSCGGtLYHwo_8kKCqsR3QCdn-eBuHgsI

Complaining again?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 9:10 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I’ve tried to share below what I’m referring to as far as lowest lows and a trend line.  The 3 yr analysis in this scenario is not really important to me, but I’ve shared it below by quarter.  The line and arrow is my doing sorry 😂 I tried.  

By no means is this a guarantee of a dip , but let’s have a look after the quarter and see if my guesstimate trend line chart is correct… and we can follow each quarter after.  I can dig it.  I may totally be wrong.  

74EEDC3A-EB90-424F-8B21-EF66D6081242.jpeg

@Warriorfyi 

The guy they call the chart-master :) shares his opinion on one of the Friday shows I watch throughout the weekend. Needless to say, I dig following his charts.   

Watch til 1:25 re: the index I included above from September.  DXY chart is mirrored investing under ETF UUP.  

Worth (gotta love his last name) expects a tug of war for a bit and then a rise again.  We’ll see.  

Then the discussion switches from the dollar to Silver, which may interest you as well.  

• 3 months later...

All hypothetical but there are some scary signs.

There are several key players in the end of the US dollar's dominance. China is the most significant challenger to the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency. China has been working to internationalize its currency, the yuan, and has been advocating its use in global trade. Additionally, China is urging other countries to trade in yuan rather than dollars.

Russia is another significant player in the end of dollar dominance. Russia has been diversifying its holdings and selling off its US dollar reserves. The country has also been promoting the use of alternative currencies, such as the euro and the yuan, in global trade.

Iran is also a player in the end of dollar dominance. The United States has imposed severe economic sanctions on Iran, which has led the country to explore alternatives to the dollar. Iran has been trading in other currencies, such as the euro and the yuan, and has been promoting the use of non-dollar currencies in global trade.

The United States has shown willingness to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance. The most well-known example of this is the Iraq War. Iraq had started trading oil in euros, rather than dollars, which threatened the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency. The United States invaded Iraq and overthrew its government, sending a clear message to other countries that it was willing to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance.

China and Brazil's recent agreement to trade in their own currencies is a significant development in the end of the dollar's dominance. The deal means that China and Brazil will no longer utilize US dollars in their trade relationship. This is a crucial development as Brazil is one of the largest economies in Latin America, and China is the world's second-largest economy.

The agreement between China and Brazil may encourage other countries to trade in non-dollar currencies, leading to decreased demand for US dollars and a potential decline in the dollar's value. Additionally, the deal could lead to increased trade between China and Brazil, benefiting both countries.

In conclusion, the end of the US dollar's dominance would have significant implications for the global economy. China is the most significant challenger to the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency, but Russia and Iran are also players in the end of dollar dominance. The United States has been willing to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance, as seen in the Iraq War. China and Brazil's recent agreement to trade in their own currencies is a significant development in the end of the dollar's dominance.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Warrior said:

All hypothetical but there are some scary signs.

There are several key players in the end of the US dollar's dominance. China is the most significant challenger to the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency. China has been working to internationalize its currency, the yuan, and has been advocating its use in global trade. Additionally, China is urging other countries to trade in yuan rather than dollars.

Russia is another significant player in the end of dollar dominance. Russia has been diversifying its holdings and selling off its US dollar reserves. The country has also been promoting the use of alternative currencies, such as the euro and the yuan, in global trade.

Iran is also a player in the end of dollar dominance. The United States has imposed severe economic sanctions on Iran, which has led the country to explore alternatives to the dollar. Iran has been trading in other currencies, such as the euro and the yuan, and has been promoting the use of non-dollar currencies in global trade.

The United States has shown willingness to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance. The most well-known example of this is the Iraq War. Iraq had started trading oil in euros, rather than dollars, which threatened the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency. The United States invaded Iraq and overthrew its government, sending a clear message to other countries that it was willing to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance.

China and Brazil's recent agreement to trade in their own currencies is a significant development in the end of the dollar's dominance. The deal means that China and Brazil will no longer utilize US dollars in their trade relationship. This is a crucial development as Brazil is one of the largest economies in Latin America, and China is the world's second-largest economy.

The agreement between China and Brazil may encourage other countries to trade in non-dollar currencies, leading to decreased demand for US dollars and a potential decline in the dollar's value. Additionally, the deal could lead to increased trade between China and Brazil, benefiting both countries.

In conclusion, the end of the US dollar's dominance would have significant implications for the global economy. China is the most significant challenger to the dollar's position as the world's reserve currency, but Russia and Iran are also players in the end of dollar dominance. The United States has been willing to use force to maintain the dollar's dominance, as seen in the Iraq War. China and Brazil's recent agreement to trade in their own currencies is a significant development in the end of the dollar's dominance.

Where is the link?  I know you didn't write this.  Where is this from.  

ps  You are an idiot.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warrior said:

UBS just bought failed Credit Suisse.  
I hope their forecasts aren’t being invested with a massive % of currency hedging.   I know it isn’t.  

As an investor, I’m on top of articles like this.  I don’t go all in on UBS opinions, however.  I review many articles and watch several hours a day on the market.   I’ll adjust on the fly and realize mistakes I’ve made.  Investing ain’t easy.  

The “experts” felt financial sector was a leader for 2023 along with health care.  Both sectors have been lagging this year.  Large tech has been doing well and that was considered a no no heading into 2023.   

They’ll be new forecasts next quarter.