Kid has stroke in school, knows

Wildcat Will

something is wrong.

The nurse disagreed and insisted that Alishia Hicks come pick up D’Andre. The family argued back and forth with the nurse for 45 minutes, who called the Department of Child and Families instead of calling 911.

“They start arguing with her on that while I’m out here stroking on the bed right now trying to stay up,” D’Andre told Boston25 News. “I was afraid that if I fell asleep or something like that, I was going to go into a coma or probably for the worst.”

After placing the call to DCF, the nurse finally called 911. D’Andre was treated with medication at the hospital, and the stroke was stopped. The junior spent two days in the hospital and is now back home. However, he has not returned to school.

“He’s not happy about the school right now. He doesn’t feel safe there,” Alishia said. “His words when he was in the hospital, he said mom, I can’t believe they didn’t believe me.”

Why?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

something is wrong.

The nurse disagreed and insisted that Alishia Hicks come pick up D’Andre. The family argued back and forth with the nurse for 45 minutes, who called the Department of Child and Families instead of calling 911.

“They start arguing with her on that while I’m out here stroking on the bed right now trying to stay up,” D’Andre told Boston25 News. “I was afraid that if I fell asleep or something like that, I was going to go into a coma or probably for the worst.”

After placing the call to DCF, the nurse finally called 911. D’Andre was treated with medication at the hospital, and the stroke was stopped. The junior spent two days in the hospital and is now back home. However, he has not returned to school.

“He’s not happy about the school right now. He doesn’t feel safe there,” Alishia said. “His words when he was in the hospital, he said mom, I can’t believe they didn’t believe me.”

Why?

Do you have any idea how many people are mis-diagnosed at legitimate medical facilities?  Schools aren’t very good at medicine.  If the family had 45 minutes to argue with the nurse, they wasted a lot of time when they could have called 911 on their own.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Is it racist if one’s says “I don’t see colors “??

I personally don’t believe it is or bad.

I do understand the good intentions of the people who say this, because I believe those are the kind-hearted individuals who love everyone in general for their character, but the reality of our society is that we all cannot help but to live with our colors, and the struggles that come with all of them.

If we all can begin to acknowledge each other’s struggles and not shrug them off as nonexistent or insignificant, then just maybe will we begin to see change.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I personally don’t believe it is or bad.

I do understand the good intentions of the people who say this, because I believe those are the kind-hearted individuals who love everyone in general for their character, but the reality of our society is that we all cannot help but to live with our colors, and the struggles that come with all of them.

If we all can begin to acknowledge each other’s struggles and not shrug them off as nonexistent or insignificant, then just maybe will we begin to see change.

I’m asking cause I always say that phrase, I only see good and bad people 

• Like 1