Pray for this young man

ATLien12x

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

😂 what the hell is wrong with that kid? Fall on it,run to the side and try a rugby kick but do not pick it up and just stand there 😂

Traditional Coffee... Even when I was at Tift they where making Clumsy Special Team mistakes. I swear its like a tradition or something. The Trojans have terrible luck....

Almost have to feel bad for that punter. He almost got himself killed, but he was only doing the same thing I've seen many other punters doing after mishandling a snap or a bad snap. The difference on that play was the jailbreak was on and he just didn't have time to think, let alone do anything. Live, I thought, just let it go, but he didn't, and paid the price. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe he did learn something along those lines after that hit last night. Those are the types of things that can certainly become teaching moments. 

He prolly got PTSD from that hit...

it could go the other way too... he might flinch now when he sees the D rushing him and will throw off his mechanics 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

He prolly got PTSD from that hit...

it could go the other way too... he might flinch now when he sees the D rushing him and will throw off his mechanics 

Upon reflecting about this poorly kicker and sending out as many prayers as I could mutter under my breath...

I think, if not for the video evidence of that hit occurring, this young whipper snapper likely wouldn't even remember that happening. 

I do wonder how many times his coaches will try to make him watch the video though. 

I'd bet, even then, he will wonder who that man was on the field wearing his numbers. xD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

😂 what the hell is wrong with that kid? Fall on it,run to the side and try a rugby kick but do not pick it up and just stand there 😂

Looks a lot to like he picked it up and tried to kick it.  Granted, he should have made a move to the side but he wasn't just standing there.  It also looks like he was trying to get up and get back in the play as the camera pans away.

8 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

The kicker looks like a special needs JV member

what terrible competition you got Down there

Contrary to your derogatory remark about a teen age kid, it looks a lot more like inexperience to me.  the hike was way over his head, he ran to get it and was trying to kick it when he got nailed.  He also appears to be getting up to try to get back into the play as the camera pans away from him.  For sure he needed to not try what he did but he was trying to keep the team from taking a huge loss.  It didn't work but that's where experience helps.  He will learn when to fall on it, grab it and run, or try a soccer kick off to the side.  I think he showed good heart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Contrary to your derogatory remark about a teen age kid, it looks a lot more like inexperience to me.  the hike was way over his head, he ran to get it and was trying to kick it when he got nailed.  He also appears to be getting up to try to get back into the play as the camera pans away from him.  For sure he needed to not try what he did but he was trying to keep the team from taking a huge loss.  It didn't work but that's where experience helps.  He will learn when to fall on it, grab it and run, or try a soccer kick off to the side.  I think he showed good heart.

It's better than doing nothing I agree 

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

So you base a state on a bad snap and a good hit?

I base it on he shit the pants trying stumbling and fumbling to pick up the ball totally unaware of his sorroundings.. no football iq 

he he barely attempted to jump and try to grab the ball

But hay give this kid d a trophy he deserves it

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I base it on he shit the pants trying stumbling and fumbling to pick up the ball totally unaware of his sorroundings.. no football iq 

he he barely attempted to jump and try to grab the ball

But hay give this kid d a trophy he deserves it

Have you actually looked at his on something other than a small phone screen?  Look at it on a decent monitor full size and you will see the ball soars over his head at least 4-5 feet.  I don't know many NBA guys that can jump 5 feet much less in full football gear. 

We all say he showed inexperience by picking up the ball in the manner he did.  It is a live ball he had to cover somehow.  As far as stumbling and fumbling, the ball changed directions on that last bounce.  You know, footballs aren't round and bounce funny all the time.