Rip stock market and economy,

FreeBird

58 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Ok, I don't usually get involved in the non-football topics (and this will be my last for a while), but with regards to the stock market...

Appreciate the feedback.  I thought of you re: analytical thinking of adjusted investment returns :) .  You asked for it, here goes :)  

1.  The market is not the economy.  Stock prices going up does not mean companies are doing well, nor is the opposite is true.  My company's profit has had 20+% growth for the year, yet our stock price is down about $100/share.

Never said it was.  Troll was reacting to the DJIA as some fictitious Unicorn that had political clout.  As many who read the investment stuff on this side know, I've shared many examples and months using both DJIA and S&P gauges as per an analytical financial source for investing purposes, that also shares some charts with pres data.  

Troll (nor you) have shared any economic indicators that the Fed looks at constantly to review our economic picture.   They shouldn't care about the market, but they do.  It's human nature.  It's not key or crucial.  Inflation taming is and with that comes consequences in both the market and the economy.   Not always at the same time no.  

2.  The last time I had steady growth was during the Obama years.  It's been pretty erratic since.  Part of it had to do with something called COVID-19.

If I ever shared a political opinion on any chart I shared with Presidents and the DJIA and S&P 500, please share with me... anyone.  Thanks.   It's a novelty tool used by those who may find it interesting.  It is what it is.  

3.  While the DJIA or S&P are selectively picked stocks, the entire market generally tracks with them, unless something is known to be very problematic with a particular company.  My personal portfolio is tied more closely to NASDAQ composite movement, even if all of the stocks or funds are not included in it.  It's a game of perception as much as anything else.

This is key and the focal point.  DJIA and the S&P 500 are very important tracking Unicorns, that can be invested in.   They are important worldwide, especially the Dow.  

4.  People still day-trade and I get that.  But, people also go to Vegas in droves.  Someone above said it before, but the market is just legalized gambling.

Yes and no.  The more you know, the luckier you usually are.   

5.  If people look at the market in terms of the long-term, then it's not always bad for there to be drops from time to time.  If the market only went up, then your purchasing power decreases with each passing year.  A drop here and there can position you for higher returns once the market returns to normal.

Buy low, sell high.  Novel idea :)   Indeed, dips are welcome for those investors holding cash and a strong stomach (long term thinking is like taking Rolaids). 

6.  People panic sometimes over the market, but always seem to forget that we've had drops or uncertainty before... a lot.  This recent drop is not the outlier.  The steady growth we've had for the previous decade is.  As I state in #5 above, some of the good times are actually a result of it.  But, if you treat the market like #4, then you're not reading the disclaimers close enough.

QE to QT, no more free meals.  Indexes are not in favor now.   You may not want every sector right now.   Stock picking/etf theme is vital

7.  All of these daily reports on the stock movements make me shake my head.  "Stocks drop over concerns of Chinese protests" and "The market drives upward in anticipation of a good jobs report".  Um, no.  Stocks went down because more people sold them than bought them.  Stocks went up because more people bought.  That's it.  One or two days after the 'Chinese protests', the market went up 2%.  What, did the investors get over their protest concerns?  Most people probably didn't even know that protests were happening.  "Momentum of 5 straight growth days are lost when concerns over political uncertainty"... no, people sold to take home the profits of those 5 days.  Then, after they cause a panic of a sell-off, they buy back to drive the prices up again.  Rinse and repeat.

8.  There are a lot of ways companies can manipulate stock prices, such as buybacks to reduce public inventory.  Some reports indicate that many CEOs pay is based on the stock returns, rather than actual profit.

9.  We live in a global economy and ours is better than just about every other industrialized country.

Hence, why the DJIA is so internationally popular and why a financial source wouldn't use an ETF like Gold mining companies GDX for a Presidential comparison, they'd use a DJIA or S&P 500 (see #3)

4.  People still day-trade and I get that.  But, people also go to Vegas in droves.  Someone above said it before, but the market is just legalized gambling.

Yes and no.  The more you know, the luckier you usually are.   

@Cal 14 Error on my part... I missed the first part of your sentence and "assumed" with your Vegas mention and legalized gambling, that you were referring to the market or investing in general.    Day trading I don't understand enough to attempt nor want to.   That's market timing risk mainly imo and  that's gambling for sure.  Agreed.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Yes and no.  Error on my part... I missed the first part of ...

Pssssst,,,,

you must have missed the fact

that you couldn't even hurdle the first sentence...

"1.  The market is not the economy. "

PS: kinda makes your whole argument a little "skewed"...no?

BTW: but feel free to continue to ignore/abandon your own claims ...

...maybe a little more of yer half-baked diversionary  and irrelevant spaghetti will help you forget, 

what you were actually called out on...LOLOL.  

thumb image

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Pssssst,,,,

you must have missed the fact

that you couldn't even hurdle the first sentence...

"1.  The market is not the economy. "

PS: kinda makes your whole argument a little "skewed"...no?

BTW: but feel free to continue to ignore/abandon your own claims ...

...maybe a little more of yer half-baked diversionary  and irrelevant spaghetti will help you forget, 

what you were actually called out on...LOLOL

I answered him.  Quote my error.  Not your words of what you think I posted, dumbass.  Mine.  Thanks.  

P.S.  I’m not arguing.  I’m teaching a dumbass a lesson to STFU when you don’t have a clue.  

BTW and P.S. GL with a solid Bowel movement this weekend, dumbass.  

Fed doesn’t look at the market either right?  Sure.  Mr know it all Greenspan here.   Keep going dumbass.  

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I answered him.  Quote my error.   

Already did...

but you keep running away from it,

instead of admitting it,

when will you learn the market is not the economy?

hopefully soon, before you embarrass yourself any further...👍

PS:

P.S.  I’m not arguing.  I’m teaching preaching <<FIFY

False-prophets GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

BTW: 

Mr know it all Greenspan here.   Keep going dumbass.  

No-problem GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Already did...

but you keep running away from it,

instead of admitting it,

when will you learn the market is not the economy?

hopefully soon, before you embarrass yourself any further...👍

PS:

False-prophets GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

BTW: 

No-problem GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Embarrassing… a useless old man playing with gif’s (with a Troll persona name) asked to quote my so called error,  doesn’t.  

Shocker.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Embarrassing… a useless old man playing with gif’s (with a Troll persona name) asked to quote my so called error,  doesn’t.  

Shocker.  

Embarrassing is more like skipping over a dozen questions and refusing to answer...

then asking one  and getting even more butthurt if not immediately accommodated. LOLOL

I guess everyone will just have to interpret that 

as you not even knowing yer own posts/references/insinuations/and false conclusions...

🤣

PS: Maybe some more of your spaghetti will help you out of yer hole...

Spaghetti on Make a GIF

BTW: Thought you had already reached maximum butthurt....guess not 🤣...

...obsessing on your bowel movements like you do, must give you greater capacity.

Butthurt O Meter GIF - Butt Hurt Critical Meter - Discover & Share GIFs 

30 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

No quote from him.  Why?  He has nothing.   He's a dumbass who can't take a proper dump.  

Hey if you can agree that the DJIA is NOT a good representation of the economy as your post tries to imply,  

recognize that this difference was even more skewed for "the last 22 months" that you highlighted,  

and admit that your post was intentionally misleading....well

I'm sure everyone will let you run away from it...🤣🤣🤣

PS: in the alternative, you can continue to divert and toss half-baked spaghetti against the wall,

and hope everyone else is stupid....your choice.

BTW: I heard spaghetti was not good for your bowel movements...

...you might want to cut that out.

👍

22 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Oh, now it's imply :).   I'm done with this dumbass.  

Yes, and it's intentionally misleading also...but you already knew that 

and yet you posted and promoted it,  

and refuse to recognize your own culpability

when called on it.

🤣

PS: I guess everyone will just have to place a zero on the scoreboard,

for the poor attempt, and lack of conviction... 

BTW: Of course you are done, claiming now that you didndonuttin', is as good as admitting defeat...

...to everyone else but yerself that is.

👍

I'm done because you're a dumbass.  

This is the site that shared multiple novelty tools.   

https://www.macrotrends.net/

"Liberal rag Unicorn" that causes you mental diarrhea.   We get it,  you don't like the chart.  We know why, dumbass.  It's the same reason why a guy who posts on this side with a white crayon replied to one of many charts I've shared to "explain" the figures... as if it's a neutral stance.  

COVID!   ATTICA!  

As much as I'm amused by your dumbassery, I have some TX and Zona picks to make.  That's a challenge.   

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'm done because you're a dumbass.  

Yer done because you post crap

that you can't even defend....🤣

Most People are not that stupid, but we can all see here,

how yer an exception. 

🤣🤣

PS: But thanks for playing Mr. Conviction,

the Didndonuttin' loser backtrack, was such a great ending for all the butthurt spewing.

👌

BTW: But as far as all yer bowel fixation problems go...well...you probably shoulda kept all that to yerself.

Hope this helps...👍