Did the officials make the right call at the end of the Colquitt Norcrossgame ?

94Packer

Right Call  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did the refs make the right call at the end of the game?

• Yes
    • No

I couldn't really tell about the forward progress/out of bounds call from my vantage point, but I think you win some and you lose some on those types of calls. More often than not, it seems like Colquitt loses on those, so to win one is like karma or something. 

The switching the spot of the ball in the center of the field wasn't cool to start with. Should've been on the hash to start with, so I can see that having been pretty upsetting to the Norcross "gang". Did seem kind of like they were a "gang" there after the time was gone... No?

The score board did not have the correct time outs left for Norcross, so the entire thing was weird to me as a fan sitting in the stands. We were sitting there discussing whether they had 1 or 2 time outs left, and only one person near me thought they were out altogether. Having said that, we were mostly wondering why they didn't call a time out as we sat in the stands, so some of the other stuff kinda never registered right then. I guess it kind of settled in that they were out of time outs after we saw the Norcross "gang" run up against our deputies trying to go after the team. 

Wild ending either way, 

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Out of bounds call was blown. Clock should have stopped because the ref never blew the whistle to make the play dead at his forward progress spot. Then, they did not move with haste given game situation. They should have known that the offensive team was waiting for the ball to be spotted and then still to mark it in the middle when the ball should have been placed at the closest hash mark. Failure all the way on the part of the officials. 

Norcross came back and that is good. Colquitt should have never let them back in. The stopped throwing for some reason and that changed the tempo. 

Not a bad game. 

I thought it was an exciting game.

The play calling went really vanilla after the first quarter and as a fan in the stands, it was pretty frustrating to witness. Our defense is pretty well beast mode. That's the biggest positive that I came away with. Also, 3 running backs all look pretty good for the Pack, plus Steven Krajewski proves again, he can take it and go if he needs to. I can't understand why they got away from the pass that much when it appeared to be there early. Maybe they knew something we couldn't see. Idk. Still say that time out on 3rd down and coming back to run up the middle on Colquitt's next to last possession was very weird. Take a timeout to decide to run up the gut... Yeah idk. 

Maybe our identity this season is intended to be a run first team to showcase these Power 5 rbs we have. Gotta get them young men some scholies after all. 

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Although the refs blew the spot...Part of the fault goes to the WR...

Lost in all the chaos is the fact that the WR held the ball for a good what 10-15 secs...In that situation you know you have no timeouts...you saw the ref mark you inbounds (pushed back so forward progress is where guy caught it because he let up...(It's happened in the NFL quite a few times also...a somewhat recent change that most don't pay attention to))...

So tell me as a WR in a hurry up drill why would you hold the ball that long....Find a Ref and get him the ball so he can spot it...

Part of this is on him as much as it is the ref...

Translation:  Spot inbounds was correct...Spotting the ball was incorrect..but it wasn't 100% on the ref..

Lost in all the chaos is the fact that the WR held the ball for a good what 10-15 secs...In that situation you know you have no timeouts...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He left the field and came back.

Until you posted I did not even know they played HS football in N.Y..  I damn sure know you don't play college football.

Never mind - deleting my original response - keeping Propst's balls on your chin as a grown man isn't a good look though son.