Helping Texas

sportsnut25

Hey Guys, 

As you all know, many parts of Texas are really hurting right now. Some football teams don't even know when they'll get to play a game. 

If anyone is looking to help Texas out, here's an easy way to help out: 

Send new or used clothes (t-shirts, shorts, shoes) to: 
Kelvin Sampson
Guy V. Lewis Development Center
3480 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX 77204

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Hey Guys, 

As you all know, many parts of Texas are really hurting right now. Some football teams don't even know when they'll get to play a game. 

Kelvin Sampson
3480 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX 77204

Tragic situation...

7 hours ago, sportsnut25 said:

Hey Guys, 

Kelvin Sampson
3480 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX 77204

Can they actually get supplies into Houston? Or do you think that it needs to go elsewhere, to adjacent towns?

5 hours ago, legendsofthefall said:

My Uncle and aunt have lived in Houston for almost 50 years since leaving NY. Thankfully they are safe. My prayers go out to everyone in Texas affected by this. I will try and make a donation this week.

With a predicted additional rainfall of twenty plus inches, if the storm returns to the Gulf! This will go down as the worst disaster in American history! They need help from EVERYWHERE, and NOW! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Can they actually get supplies into Houston? Or do you think that it needs to go elsewhere, to adjacent towns?

I have no clue, honestly. I do, however, know that many well-known universities have sent gear to UH over the past ~24 hours. 

UH says they are looking at donations from at least 1,000 teams/individuals right now. 

You got to realize just east of Austin in Bastrop, LaGrange and other towns along the Colorado river have flooded also due to having 9 inches of rain most days with roads washed out. The river runs from Lubbock to the gulf over 800 miles. Thats how far the damage is east of Austin. HEB the great grocery store based in San Antoine has 18 wheelers full of stuff  with kitchens that are already there in the Corpus area with more coming into the Houston area. The city cannot drain the water for at least 10 days I would think plus you got to think about the aftermath of the clean up ....this will take a very long time.... Houston just builds without thinking and so do the people buying these homes. They need to really rethink on all of that including the companies moving out to the higher ground.....with people probably moving into the Austin/San Antoine area