Periscope HS Football games

SJR89

I have asked my school SJR about streaming games.....we used to on our website for one year ...was not the greatest but still watchable.....waiting on what we are doing but regretfully will not be in time for the  Deer field beach.  Actually dont get why schools do not periscope games.  Watched several of my nephews College lax games at Dayton on periscope with announcers and it was pretty good....if won the lottery...i would be calling SJR football and Lacrosse games.....if I was not coaching......lets get it done...this rant was started by my interest in watching chaminade vs Mountain view AZ....they want $9 for a monthly pass.......money not the issue but every game is not part of that just those who signed a contract with them......is 2017 .......would be great if all HS teams would stream via periscope...its FREE..............

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I have asked my school SJR about streaming games.....we used to on our website for one year ...was not the greatest but still watchable.....waiting on what we are doing but regretfully will not be in time for the  Deer field beach.  Actually dont get why schools do not periscope games.  Watched several of my nephews College lax games at Dayton on periscope with announcers and it was pretty good....if won the lottery...i would be calling SJR football and Lacrosse games.....if I was not coaching......lets get it done...this rant was started by my interest in watching chaminade vs Mountain view AZ....they want $9 for a monthly pass.......money not the issue but every game is not part of that just those who signed a contract with them......is 2017 .......would be great if all HS teams would stream via periscope...its FREE..............

For I believe 09, 10 and 11 I saw nearly every Bosco game because they were streamed. BC and SJR had many streamed also. Different story the past few years.

• Like 2

I have been trying to change that for SJR games....also MSG varsity cut there budget back a few years and have spread out with more games outside of NJ or to Public's.   they run a tristate top 25 poll...NJ / NYC / lower NY state / LI / CT.  Every year the Top 5 are usually all BNU and #1 is almost always NJ.  SJR was # 1 last year..... 

47 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

They have quite a few games at nfhs... its worth it.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nope. Just exposure. Money is only made up here when the national outlets like ESPN/Paragon are involved. 

Any fan can Periscope a game. No clearance is needed. I only asked as a courtesy since SJR is a PGL client. #liveandlearn

so wear a westwood hs hat....and periscope from the hill or top row next press box.....send us link here....serious....in ohio and would love to see the game 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

so wear a westwood hs hat....and periscope from the hill or top row next press box.....send us link here....serious....in ohio and would love to see the game 

Agreed or have someone else do it on the visitors side.  They can say they're  filming for a player's highlights.

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

GPB sports quit showing high school football games too. It's a shame honestly. 

GPB operates on donations and football fans just weren't the group that was heavily donating to them. Apparently, it's the people that like Britcoms and the arts that hold the pen that strokes the check at GPB. 

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

GPB operates on donations and football fans just weren't the group that was heavily donating to them. Apparently, it's the people that like Britcoms and the arts that hold the pen that strokes the check at GPB. 

I thought that had to do with Fed/State cutting their budget for Public Broadcasting?

It was most likely the government budget cuts that played the biggest role, but, if more football fans were watching and donating, I'm sure they'd have found other places to make up for the shortfalls due to government funding cuts. I'd imagine ratings play a big part in how they handle their programming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was most likely the government budget cuts that played the biggest role, but, if more football fans were watching and donating, I'm sure they'd have found other places to make up for the shortfalls due to government funding cuts. I'd imagine ratings play a big part in how they handle their programming.

WELL I would've given my $10 when they begged had I known lmao