Why so many hating on Cartersville

Billyocean

19 minutes ago, Billyocean said:

Please help me understand?

First, welcome to the board. IMO, I don't think there is any hate on Cartersville. This is a national board where the top 1% of all HS football teams in the country are discussed and they are at least part of the conversation. I think where people are pulling back is on Cartersville's ability as a smaller classification school to compete with the so-called "Tier 1/2" teams within that 1%. This is a very exclusive club and unless you are playing those schools, its hard to gauge how good a team is. I think Cartersville is also feeling the effects from Valdosta. Valdosta was a very good 6A team that for many on this board got exposed at the Geico Bowl Series. Valdosta went from being a middle of the road 6A team before re-classification to a state champ, so naturally people are going to view the GA lower class teams as inferior. FWIW, I think Cartersville's stock will rise with a strong performance by Buford this week against South Pointe. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

First, welcome to the board. IMO, I don't think there is any hate on Cartersville. This is a national board where the top 1% of all HS football teams in the country are discussed and they are at least part of the conversation. I think where people are pulling back is on Cartersville's ability as a smaller classification school to compete with the so-called "Tier 1/2" teams within that 1%. This is a very exclusive club and unless you are playing those schools, its hard to gauge how good a team is. I think Cartersville is also feeling the effects from Valdosta. Valdosta was a very good 6A team that for many on this board got exposed at the Geico Bowl Series. Valdosta went from being a middle of the road 6A team before re-classification to a state champ, so naturally people are going to view the GA lower class teams as inferior. FWIW, I think Cartersville's stock will rise with a strong performance by Buford this week against South Pointe. 

This maybe the opine of I'll informed national posters, but in reality they just don't play the heavyweights in GA. Has nothing to do with Valdosta or Buford. As far as Valdosta getting exposed, literally everyone in GA had them a 2-3 score underdog which is exactly how that played out against a very good Chandler team (you know the same team that one of Cali's finest barely beat).

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

This maybe the opine of I'll informed national posters, but in reality they just don't play the heavyweights in GA. Has nothing to do with Valdosta or Buford. As far as Valdosta getting exposed, literally everyone in GA had them a 2-3 score underdog which is exactly how that played out against a very good Chandler team (you know the same team that one of Cali's finest barely beat).

It has little to do with their performance against Chandler. It has more to do with where they would have fit in had there not been reclassification. Tell me, where do you think Valdosta finishes if not for reclassification? There are a lot of good teams around the country that play in smaller classifications, but they often get exposed when they play larger classifications. Its more of a depth issue as opposed to a talent issue and its not relegated to just GA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

It has little to do with their performance against Chandler. It has more to do with where they would have fit in had there not been reclassification. Tell me, where do you think Valdosta finishes if not for reclassification? There are a lot of good teams around the country that play in smaller classifications, but they often get exposed when they play larger classifications. Its more of a depth issue as opposed to a talent issue and its not relegated to just GA. 

To add to this, the question is GA more like FL or like TX. In TX, very unlikely a smaller classification team is beating any of the top 6A. In FL, however, we have seen 4A teams like BTW compete with 6A teams like STA (and we know 8A doesn't house any of the best teams). But its all speculation until they play the heavyweights. 

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

To add to this, the question is GA more like FL or like TX. In TX, very unlikely a smaller classification team is beating any of the top 6A. In FL, however, we have seen 4A teams like BTW compete with 6A teams like STA (and we know 8A doesn't house any of the best teams). But its all speculation until they play the heavyweights. 

Theres just not as much depth in the smaller class...

7A has quite a few teams that are good...

6A has a lot of parity...

5A is the deepest lower class with Rome, Buford, Carrollton, and Stockbridge... that can play with most good teams. 

4A is just Cartersville

3A ... GAC gave Valor all they want... means Peach & Cedar Grove could too

2A Benedictine

1A ELCA

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Theres just not as much depth in the smaller class...

7A has quite a few teams that are good...

6A has a lot of parity...

5A is the deepest lower class with Rome, Buford, Carrollton, and Stockbridge... that can play with most good teams. 

4A is just Cartersville

3A ... GAC gave Valor all they want... means Peach & Cedar Grove could too

2A Benedictine

1A ELCA

We agree. Cartersville has been in several people's and media polls that extend beyond 100. Its a small pool that can even say that. They are in the conversation. I was responding to the OP. They get love; people are just questioning whether they fit into that next tier. Without interplay or historical proof, how can one say they'd win in a game against Grayson, CC or Lowndes let alone top tier national teams. Its the same discussion that happens with smaller states. A state may have one or two teams that they say can compete with anyone, but when they play top tier teams they get weeded out.

11 hours ago, Billyocean said:

Please help me understand?

They're a PISSAIN'T lil AAAA team, who recruits the shit outta an area three times the size of most 7A teams! ! And they boast about how they are the best in any classification, without actually playing many quality 7A schools! Just two seasons ago, at the beginning of their current winning streak! They BARELY beat a mediocre 7A team in North Cobb! They need to play UP, where they belong! And THEN we'll see how bad ass they are playing our type schedule!

10 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

How does Cartersville's stock rise, off of the performance this week by Buford? MUST be the new math! BOTH of these teams play in the bush leagues, yet draw from population bases of 120,000-2,000,000! CONVERSELY, Colquitt draws from 46,000 and the occasional transfer! And we'd make both of um take a dirt road!

And it was my understanding, that 8-5 Colquitt's 45-24 ass kickin of Valdosta at DEATH VALLEY, exposed them fairly well in 2016!

13 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

What? 

For starters sta 7a and Second the 7a and 8a have plenty of solid teams 

Only reason 7a gets overlooked is bc sta hasn't played a good 7a state championship competition but until last year 7a north was far better than 6a north 

8a might be best top to bottom class in state, they just don't have a lot of teams who play big time out of state games

14 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

We agree. Cartersville has been in several people's and media polls that extend beyond 100. Its a small pool that can even say that. They are in the conversation. I was responding to the OP. They get love; people are just questioning whether they fit into that next tier. Without interplay or historical proof, how can one say they'd win in a game against Grayson, CC or Lowndes let alone top tier national teams. Its the same discussion that happens with smaller states. A state may have one or two teams that they say can compete with anyone, but when they play top tier teams they get weeded out.

I see what you did there. You just THOUGHT that you'd get that by us Georgia homers. lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Except y'know 

A 45-24 loss to an 8-5 Colquitt team wasn't telling enough... 

We all said. ALL! said that Valdosta wasnt gonna win this game. 

Then they lose 44-24 to Chandler.  And now apparently its a black eye for us because the #6 team in GA from 2016 wasnt as good as the #1 team from AZ. 

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

What? 

For starters sta 7a and Second the 7a and 8a have plenty of solid teams 

Only reason 7a gets overlooked is bc sta hasn't played a good 7a state championship competition but until last year 7a north was far better than 6a north 

8a might be best top to bottom class in state, they just don't have a lot of teams who play big time out of state games

Yes, you are correct STA is in 7A. My bad. 

My point was that in FL, the lower public class teams can compete with the higher class teams. That is not usually the case. The argument was not a sleight or indictment on any of the FL classes, but merely to ask if Georgia was more like Florida in its lower class public teams ability to compete with higher classifications. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

I see what you did there. You just THOUGHT that you'd get that by us Georgia homers. lol.

Ha. Didn't do anything. Just stating that you should play and defeat the top teams considered in your border first before looking outside. I'd consider Grayson a top tier national team (and program) this year and Colquitt a top tier national program. 

58 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Except y'know 

A 45-24 loss to an 8-5 Colquitt team wasn't telling enough... 

We all said. ALL! said that Valdosta wasnt gonna win this game. 

Then they lose 44-24 to Chandler.  And now apparently its a black eye for us because the #6 team in GA from 2016 wasnt as good as the #1 team from AZ. 

It's not about Chandler. 

And since we are on the topic, GA has a black eye because one guy trolled another poster on here and that poster fed the beast for page after page after page. If you and everyone else in GA can't see that, not sure what to tell you.

• Thanks 1