FL scores

golfaddict1

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

Correct. A cycle. Like a normal school (and they usually stay above the cycle). They aren't a fake team like STA, IMG, or BG. If you folks think that's HS football your sniffing glue. 

I can't recall Dwyer being this bad.  For sure Oxbridge Academy has shifted the talent pool.  AHDelray  QB is now starting at AHPlantation.   Maybe the "fake" schools are nabbing more PBC kids.  Have a look at Calpreps.  Dwyer was rated 17th in 7A prior to the game result.   I would guess they dropped further.   Look at the ratings of these opponents and the scores.  Edit: 29th rated in 7A currently.  

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

I can't recall Dwyer being this bad.  For sure Oxbridge Academy has shifted the talent pool.  AHDelray  QB is now starting at AHPlantation.   Maybe the fake schools are nabbing more PBC kids.  Have a look at Calpreps.  Dwyer was rated 17th in 7A prior to the game result.   I would guess they dropped further.   Look at the ratings of these opponents and the scores.  

No they definitely haven't been this bad as far as I can remember.   They were always competing with top teams in the playoffs like BTW, Armwood, STA, Etc

The presence of Oxbridge has to affect them a bit.   I remember Dwyer used to be the prime destination for PBC transfers.    

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

No they definitely haven't been this bad as far as I can remember.   They were always competing with top teams in the playoffs like BTW, Armwood, STA, Etc

The presence of Oxbridge has to affect them a bit.   I remember Dwyer used to be the prime destination for PBC transfers.    

Remember QB Blake Dever speaking of pbc? Saw he transferred from Savannah St to Arkansas St.  

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I believe BTW and Columbus play Monday night.   Carol City vs Norland also scheduled.  Irma makeup games.  

Columbus is flying a bit under the radar IMO.   They were a bit outmatched with MNW but they were battling.  Columbus last year seemd a bit down, but when you look closely at the results, they were very competitive.  I would't pick them against BTW, but you never know.   

Sanford Seminole High 31 Lake Brantley 6. It was not that close. You heard it here first: Seminole makes the North Bracket 8A semifinal against one of Dr Phillips/Osceola/Vero Beach. While they are young, I would not be surprised if they get all the way to the state title game. Last year Dr. Phillips barely squeaked by them in the semis.

Very impressive performance against Lake Brantley.

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Sanford Seminole High 31 Lake Brantley 6. It was not that close. You heard it here first: Seminole makes the North Bracket 8A semifinal against one of Dr Phillips/Osceola/Vero Beach. While they are young, I would not be surprised if they get all the way to the state title game. Last year Dr. Phillips barely squeaked by them in the semis.

Very impressive performance against Lake Brantley.

Sanford Seminole was one of the most underappreciated teams in FL last year IMO.   

I'll never forget that game with MNW in 2008.   Unfortunately Andre Debose never really was the same after he tore his hamstring right out of HS.  He was still pretty good, but I think he'd have been great. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Sanford Seminole was one of the most underappreciated teams in FL last year IMO.   

I'll never forget that game with MNW in 2008.   Unfortunately Andre Debose never really was the same after he tore his hamstring right out of HS.  He was still pretty good, but I think he'd have been great. 

Year in and year out, they produce some of the best athletes in Central Florida. Only Mainland, Osceola and Apopka (and in the past Evans), produces comparable athletes. This year's team is very young. The QB and two other starters are freshmen. Many of the rest are freshmen as they graduated 17 starters from last year's team. But they are very good. To be honest, I would not want to meet them in the playoffs. 

Regarding Debose, you are right. He had a ton of talent and speed. The catch he made to win the game against Miami Northwestern is something I will never forget. Had he not got hurt running track, who knows how good he would have been?

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Is armwood going to play plant still? 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Year in and year out, they produce some of the best athletes in Central Florida. Only Mainland, Osceola and Apopka (and in the past Evans), produces comparable athletes. This year's team is very young. The QB and two other starters are freshmen. Many of the rest are freshmen as they graduated 17 starters from last year's team. But they are very good. To be honest, I would not want to meet them in the playoffs. 

Regarding Debose, you are right. He had a ton of talent and speed. The catch he made to win the game against Miami Northwestern is something I will never forget. Had he not got hurt running track, who knows how good he would have been?

Such a great Fn game. 

• Like 1