WHY is Cedar Grove on ESPN next week?

Middlegafan

They'll be coming off the game vs. Mill Creek this week to play Colquitt, who has the top rated tight end in the country in Landen Thomas and another top recruit in wide receiver Ny Carr. 

Pretty sure Cedar Grove has some nice talent as well. 

The game probably won't be all that great, but, ESPN will get to talk about these recruits, which is one of their favorite things. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Gunna guess/assume either CG and/or their opponent has a high blue chip rated player.  

Arch Manning example… ESPN highlights recruits.  

Well actually, BOTH teams are LOADED with top tier talent. But that's no reason to air it on the premier sports network in the universe.😆🤣 Too bad that nearly 40,000,000 potential high school football fans, won't get the opportunity to watch, due to the craziness going on at Disney.

You should want to watch a great game, which it may be. But ESPN doesn't usually have that as a priority. That Halbert feller pundent is full of it, just wanting to expose top talent instead of having an entertaining game. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

Well actually, BOTH teams are LOADED with top tier talent. But that's no reason to air it on the premier sports network in the universe.😆🤣 Too bad that nearly 40,000,000 potential high school football fans, won't get the opportunity to watch, due to the craziness going on at Disney.

You should want to watch a great game, which it may be. But ESPN doesn't usually have that as a priority. That Halbert feller pundent is full of it, just wanting to expose top talent instead of having an entertaining game. 

Who should they put? Your hometown team of Jones County? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

If you go back a page, I shared the ratings for the espn Aug 26-27 games.  

I do it usually annually and it stays in line with the main channel and ideal viewing time slot mattering more in #’s viewing than the actual matchups.  

Choose your dream matchup on espn2 or espnu and you’ll lose every time (badly) to an ESPN noon game. 

Summary:  teams don’t matter 

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

If you go back a page, I shared the ratings for the espn Aug 26-27 games.  

I do it usually annually and it stays in line with the main channel and ideal viewing time slot mattering more in #’s viewing than the actual matchups.  

Choose your dream matchup on espn2 or espnu and you’ll lose every time (badly) to an ESPN noon game. 

Summary:  teams don’t matter 

But the game in question will be aired at 8:00pm EST.

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They'll be coming off the game vs. Mill Creek this week to play Colquitt, who has the top rated tight end in the country in Landen Thomas and another top recruit in wide receiver Ny Carr. 

The game probably won't be all that great, but, ESPN will get to talk about these recruits, which is one of their favorite things. 

Why do you think that Cedar Grove is that much better than the guys from Norman Park? Course, either Westlake is overrated, or Mill Creek must be super duper if they blast Cedat Grove. Because Cedar Grove nearly stole Westlake's cookies last week, on the last play of the game.

13 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

I only get mad when my lovely spouse hands me her credit card statements.

On a side note, I saw recently, where a kid that you embracible ewes recruited, is the odds of favorite to win the 2023 Heisman Trophy.

Pssst...Hey RZ 

Doncha know yer not supposed to troll the main board?

PS: Hope this helps....

👍

43 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

But the game in question will be aired at 8:00pm EST.

Which night? If it’s ESPN and not an affiliate, they’ll rate better.  Also, of course depends on what it’s competing against, if anything sports related on another channel. 

If you can remind me next week, I’ll check the result and compare it to another similar time slot and channel either this or last year as a reference.  

Saturday at noon on ESPN prior to the collegiate season starting gets usually 500K+ viewers.  That and the next day (Sunday) on ESPN get the top ratings all season for HSFB.  

ESPN2 a distant 2nd for HSFB and ESPNU taking show. 

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Which night? If it’s ESPN and not an affiliate, they’ll rate better.  Also, of course depends on what it’s competing against, if anything sports related on another channel. 

If you can remind me next week, I’ll check the result and compare it to another similar time slot and channel either this or last year as a reference.  

Saturday at noon on ESPN prior to the collegiate season starting gets usually 500K+ viewers.  That and the next day (Sunday) get the top ratings all season.  

NFHS.NET says Friday. But ESPN may bump it off, like that clown Joe Mama from Jersey does with his network. He must work for Disney?

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Who ranked that dude as #1? Or is this your assessment? No offense, but I've seen a half dozen better in the last three weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

NFHS.NET says Friday. But ESPN may bump it off, like that clown Joe Mama from Jersey does with his network. He must work for Disney?

He likely had a good laugh if he saw my bad beat mention re: the Akron Zips.  If I’m not mistaken, he mentioned attending Akron.  

Akron… A Aron … the Ron’s best be careful 😂.  It’s hunting season.  

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

WASH YO MOUF OUT PILGRIM! I had a forty something 350lb. Gump fan from JOCO, try to keel me last Spring. For some reason, he didn't like the TRUTH. Because as the great American Patriot, Jack Nickelbocker once said, "The TRUTH, you can't HANDLE the TRUTH!" ALL I said was that Kirby would soon be sending lil Nicky Satan to the assisted living facility, in ole WEST Virginnie!!! He didn't like Sweet Lawrence's reference to his being a GUMP, EITHER!😊

6 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

What's up Rab?! Haha

Of course we all would love to watch a fantastic game, but, ESPN has a top player poll to sell. Mickey Mouse as it is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

What's up Rab?! Haha

Of course we all would love to watch a fantastic game, but, ESPN has a top player poll to sell. Mickey Mouse as it is. 

Going in for a pacemaker shortly. And YOU? I hope you are zigging and zagging around those monthly hurricanes? What's up with them not wanting any ole gold on the unis? I was hoping for a stripe on the helmet, but white it is I suppose.

23 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

Going in for a pacemaker shortly. And YOU? I hope you are zigging and zagging around those monthly hurricanes? What's up with them not wanting any ole gold on the unis? I was hoping for a stripe on the helmet, but white it is I suppose.

Ehh they are crapping on history man! CRAPPING ON HISTORY! Taking down old and barely operable score boards that were so crappy they covered the old video board that the parts were obsolete to with a plywood sign for Joesph D. Weathers Attorney At Law. 

Heard a lot of mumbling about the interlocking Cs as well. 

Hard to say. Progress I suppose. Chalk it up to progress. The past is a lot like Rush Propst. In the words of my friend Billy "He Gone" lol.

Here we are still plugging along and ranked in spite of the coaching changes and etc. Winning games in unis that some ppl don't like. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

Nothing but good vibes for you man on that pacemaker thingamajig. 

All that last post was typed while doing a live radio show in a studio in Albany Georgia. Looking at these helmets... wondering how Lee County feels about now... Bless their little black shriveled up hearts... Yall know I love yall my Lee County peeps. It's just football smack talk lol. Don't cancel me! 😩 thin skinned assholes. 😭😭🤣🤣

IMG_20230912_220158834.thumb.jpg.c1d1264bb28fe8727c074544360380aa.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why are 90% of Teams in Jawjaa named after a County or a Creek? 🤘 In Texas no matter how small the towns they have football teams.  Hell some little towns 8  - 10 miles a part.  But Jawjaa throw their asses in a County and apparently if you don't have neigbors they name the school after the local Creek.  😁 Don't get me wrong all dem County boys and Creek kids play some damn good Football.  When none of those two fit just name Em after some dude.  Buford for instance.  And don't forget them damn A's.  Who has more AAAAAA's dem County Boys or da Creek dudes? But I hear none of em want any part of that Buford Fella. I heard that Fella so tough he will make Cole-Quit

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

I only get mad when my lovely spouse hands me her credit card statements.

On a side note, I saw recently, where a kid that you embracible ewes recruited, is the odds of favorite to win the 2023 Heisman Trophy.

I don't have a clue who you are talking about.

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Why are 90% of Teams in Jawjaa named after a County or a Creek? 🤘 In Texas no matter how small the towns they have football teams.  Hell some little towns 8  - 10 miles a part.  But Jawjaa throw their asses in a County and apparently if you don't have neigbors they name the school after the local Creek.  😁 Don't get me wrong all dem County boys and Creek kids play some damn good Football.  When none of those two fit just name Em after some dude.  Buford for instance.  And don't forget them damn A's.  Who has more AAAAAA's dem County Boys or da Creek dudes? But I hear none of em want any part of that Buford Fella. I heard that Fella so tough he will make Cole-Quit

My guess is these areas were named “something county” a long time ago when they were small enough for the whole county to attend, and since they have experienced little to no growth over the decades, never needed to add a new school and change the name. 

For the work “creek” I can’t help you there. How many fucking creeks can there be? And why would you want to name your school after it? 😂

• Haha 1