The Road to MetLife

FreeBird

57 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

2 huge games this week to set up seedings for postseason Sunday 

8F0CD493-A4A6-4108-BA3A-DF05E1333058.jpeg

CE0E1832-D8E9-44EE-B078-AAB2D1B24C01.jpeg

I believe that the 1st game is going to tell us a lot as to where Coach Campinale has his team. DePaul has looked beaten & demoralized, their body language intimates that they are going through the motions the last several games & I'm beginning to wonder if the coaching staff has lost the room. To be fair I am starting to think that playing up against the big boys week in & week out maybe eliminating any advantage of iron sharpening iron. I'll take DBP 24-14.

Second game will give the insight as to whether I am right and that their are 3 contenders for the A title. I am going with my gut and saying that Delbarton wins this 24-21. Either way these 2 teams will meet again in the semis but I just think Delby is playing really good ball right now and so I'll go with my hunch.

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I believe that the 1st game is going to tell us a lot as to where Coach Campinale has his team. DePaul has looked beaten & demoralized, their body language intimates that they are going through the motions the last several games & I'm beginning to wonder if the coaching staff has lost the room. To be fair I am starting to think that playing up against the big boys week in & week out maybe eliminating any advantage of iron sharpening iron. I'll take DBP 24-14.

Second game will give the insight as to whether I am right and that their are 3 contenders for the A title. I am going with my gut and saying that Delbarton wins this 24-21. Either way these 2 teams will meet again in the semis but I just think Delby is playing really good ball right now and so I'll go with my hunch.

Do you have any idea what the seeding should pan out to? Is Hansen still in charge of seeding 

also I gotta check what’s up with @SJR 04 and joes, I know we got injuries to our starters I just don’t know the severity , had to beat shp with a bunch of sophs last week due to injuries 

7 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Do you have any idea what the seeding should pan out to? Is Hansen still in charge of seeding 

also I gotta check what’s up with @SJR 04 and joes, I know we got injuries to our starters I just don’t know the severity , had to beat shp with a bunch of sophs last week due to injuries 

I'm thinking: 1)BC, 2) winner SJR/Delby, 3) loser SJR/Delby, 4) DBP, 5) Donovan Catholic---after that who knows & who cares

• Like 2

The list of all the teams and their power rankings 

https://www.gridironnewjersey.com/united-power-rankings.aspx?season=2023&section=Non-Public&group=A

Hud Cath & Par Cath are disqualified, leaving a 14 team bracket. Although teams often forfeit playoff spots. Cam Cath did so last year and it seems plausible, based on their record that they will do so again. That would leave the top 3 seeds with byes. @Mickeybern Top 5 should be the Top 5 and hopefully the committee gets it right. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Is Hansen still in charge of seeding 

If Bosco loses to DePaul this week, the can of worms could open 😬 But then again, Peters is so bad that they still might make to MetLife, even in this bracket. And if they still do, they will lose by 30 to whoever wins the other side of the bracket. Hansen has to know that, so I doubt he'll poke the beast.

1)BC
16)-

8- PJ
9) Bosco

5) Delby
12) SJ Vianney

13) Seton Hall
4) SJR

3) Notre Dame (they're undefeated)
14)-

11) Houston Astros 
6) Paul VI

7) St Augs
10) SJ Metuchen

2) Don Cath 
15) -

1 hour ago, Crusader12-0 said:

The list of all the teams and their power rankings 

https://www.gridironnewjersey.com/united-power-rankings.aspx?season=2023&section=Non-Public&group=A

Hud Cath & Par Cath are disqualified, leaving a 14 team bracket. Although teams often forfeit playoff spots. Cam Cath did so last year and it seems plausible, based on their record that they will do so again. That would leave the top 3 seeds with byes. @Mickeybern Top 5 should be the Top 5 and hopefully the committee gets it right. 

I don't want Delbarton in the top 1/2 of the bracket. The Delby/SJR match on Saturday is worth a good chunk of power points. Should move Delbarton up

16 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I don't want Delbarton in the top 1/2 of the bracket. The Delby/SJR match on Saturday is worth a good chunk of power points. Should move Delbarton up

I was trying to say that the Top 5 YOU wrote, should be the top 5 the committee goes with, not the one on Gridiron NJ. Though I do feel that Delby could justifiably be seeded anywhere bt 2-4. Joes could get 2 or 3, and Bosco 3 or4.  I linked the power rankings as a point of reference for the rest of the bracket.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

Care to explain?

On 10/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Crusader12-0 said:

If Bosco loses to DePaul this week, the can of worms could open 😬 But then again, Peters is so bad that they still might make to MetLife, even in this bracket. And if they still do, they will lose by 30 to whoever wins the other side of the bracket. Hansen has to know that, so I doubt he'll poke the beast.

1)BC
16)-

8- PJ
9) Bosco

5) Delby
12) SJ Vianney

13) Seton Hall
4) SJR

3) Notre Dame (they're undefeated)
14)-

11) Houston Astros 
6) Paul VI

7) St Augs
10) SJ Metuchen

2) Don Cath 
15) -

Read the post above. Hansen might be able to justify setting up the bracket above. It puts Peters on a side of the bracket all by themselves.