The Road to MetLife

FreeBird

15 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

What the rankings should be;

1. BC   2. Delby   3. SJR   4. DBP         5. DonCath   6. Notre Dame  7. PJ       8. Paul VI   9. St Augs  10. SJ Met

What the committee will probably do;

1. BC   2. Delby   3. Notre Dame  4. SJR   5. DonCath       6. Paul VI   7. St Augs   8. PJ   9. DBP   10. SJ Met

I hope you’re right.  We lose to Delby in style and end this fiasco 

4 hours ago, Testadura said:

I hope you’re right.  We lose to Delby in style and end this fiasco 

Here's the Bergen Record write up. He has it pretty much like us, except he does admit how the committee looks at Bosco will be the most difficult.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/10/28/delbarton-nj-football-st-joseph-regular-season-finale/71319227007/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

My opinion Delbarton is not the number 2 team, they not good as we think, outside of one player, which is mind boggling how joes couldn’t stop that 1 kid fumar, hats off to the kid, he was a one man team, mr everything

you will get your chance to prove that in a few weeks when you get on the bus & take the trip back to Morristown.

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

you will get your chance to prove that in a few weeks when you get on the bus & take the trip back to Morristown.

I’m just spechless ,  how could we not stop one kid, literally screen left screen right screen left screen right,  wild cat left wild cat right,  that was bad

3 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

Here's the Bergen Record write up. He has it pretty much like us, except he does admit how the committee looks at Bosco will be the most difficult.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/10/28/delbarton-nj-football-st-joseph-regular-season-finale/71319227007/

Dropping Bosco to #8 has the implication of creating a quarterfinal matchup bt BC & DBP. It isn’t too big of a deal (happened to Bosco & Joes in 2021) as long as a the bracket is balanced. I fear the committee might drop Joes to #4, which would set up the most difficult road imaginable for both BC & DBP. 

1 hour ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Dropping Bosco to #8 has the implication of creating a quarterfinal matchup bt BC & DBP. It isn’t too big of a deal (happened to Bosco & Joes in 2021) as long as a the bracket is balanced. I fear the committee might drop Joes to #4, which would set up the most difficult road imaginable for both BC & DBP. 

I think Bosco gets mowed down pretty easily by any of the top 3.  

I think BC takes it all but the other 2 can make the games tight.  Who knows?

2 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

You are correct, they might try that but dropping Joes to #4 after losing 2 games in state to 2 top 5 teams would bring the ire of BC & SJR faithful. I did elude to this before the SJR/BC game a couple of weeks ago, the winner would be in the cat bird seat with regards to the bracket & MetLife. There just isn’t enough good teams to balance this bracket. PJ lost to St. Joes Metuchen yesterday for crying out loud. DBP has to be in the top of the bracket to give BC even a semblance of danger of not making the Chip.  

6 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

You are correct, they might try that but dropping Joes to #4 after losing 2 games in state to 2 top 5 teams would bring the ire of BC & SJR faithful. I did elude to this before the SJR/BC game a couple of weeks ago, the winner would be in the cat bird seat with regards to the bracket & MetLife. There just isn’t enough good teams to balance this bracket. PJ lost to St. Joes Metuchen yesterday for crying out loud. DBP has to be in the top of the bracket to give BC even a semblance of danger of not making the Chip.  

Don’t put us or Joes in any spot at which we might have to play twice.  We want one and done.  Joes and we are bad.  In fact Joes is probably worse but why quibble.   Everything is a moral victory to them.  You beat them and somehow they think that they, if you really think about it, won.  Yesterday was a win too.  Yes, of course they lost—technically.  But they’re counting it as just another win.  They beat BC.  Oh, you didn’t know that.  Well, they did.  They Jerry-rigged that game in such a way that they won, not you.  I think they have undefeated banners in their hallways.  

We’ve been to MetLife, now Kean or Rutgers, enough over the past 4 years.  Don’t mess with Joes and get their hopes up while they lose to some NJ equivalent of NY’s St A’s.  

Non Public A Bracket
(1) Bergen Catholic, bye

(9) Notre Dame at (8) Paul VI

(12) St. Peter's Prep at (5) St. Augustine

(13) Paramus Catholic at (4) Donovan Catholic

(3) St. Joseph (Montvale), bye

(11) Seton Hall Prep at (6) St. Joseph (Metuchen)

(10) Don Bosco at (7) Pope John

(2) Delbarton, bye
—————————————————

Bergen won’t have to play any of the Big 4 until the final. 

Bosco as a 10 seed is criminal. And that is the most unfair bracket to Delby imaginable. 

I thought PC was disqualified from the playoffs?

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Non Public A Bracket
(1) Bergen Catholic, bye

(2) Delbarton, bye
—————————————————

Bosco as a 10 seed is criminal. And that is the most unfair bracket to Delby imaginable. 

That’s what I thought—about PC.  

us at 10, criminal?  Have you seen us in action?   We lost to a bunch of cheerleaders in Montvale 21-0.  And we have no deflections to blame the loss on.  

21 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Non Public A Bracket
(1) Bergen Catholic, bye

(2) Delbarton, bye
—————————————————

Can you do a round-2 bracket?  I’m not good at spatial visualization 

5 hours ago, Testadura said:

That’s what I thought—about PC.  

us at 10, criminal?  Have you seen us in action?   We lost to a bunch of cheerleaders in Montvale 21-0.  And we have no deflections to blame the loss on.  

Simple…just need to get to next round then beat Delby , SJR then BC.  Here we go!,,🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

First Round

Quarterfinal Round

Semifinal Round

• Fri, Nov 17, 2023 

Pre-Game 
  • Fri, Nov 17, 2023 

Pre-Game 

Final Round

• Tue, Nov 28, 2023@ MetLife Stadium 

Pre-Game 

7F6D836E-A011-43CC-BF93-84A507D17019.jpeg

2 hours ago, FreeBird said:

First Round

Quarterfinal Round

Semifinal Round

• Fri, Nov 17, 2023 

Pre-Game 
  • Fri, Nov 17, 2023 

Pre-Game 

Final Round

• Tue, Nov 28, 2023@ MetLife Stadium 

Pre-Game 

7F6D836E-A011-43CC-BF93-84A507D17019.jpeg

@Mickeybern what’s chances bosco takes down Delby?

7 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

30%. Delby has good lines and are well coached. Bosco has to be disciplined and win the turnover battle. 

Hmm pretty high odds,…. I haven’t watched bosco I’m just not sold on the Qb, but I can say same about Delby QB, wouldn’t be surprised if bosco has the upset 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Hmm pretty high odds,…. I haven’t watched bosco I’m just not sold on the Qb, but I can say same about Delby QB, wouldn’t be surprised if bosco has the upset 

My thinking is Delby runs smash mouth behind that O-line. Bosco will have to play their most complete game of the season to win 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.0f7897591bae60f11fef6127df795ff6.png
image.thumb.png.a0aeca843387493c1b51f1fb4c9d38ff.png

Paul VI takes ends Notre Dames perfect season. Their reward is a date with #1 Bergen Catholic Next Saturday. 

St Augs pulls the plug on what a miserable season for Peters. They will play the winner of DC & PC tomorrow night. 

PJ & Bosco play for the right to play the Green Wave tomorrow afternoon. 

The Green Knights will get the winner of Seton Hall & SJ Metuchen, who play tomorrow afternoon as well.