Tommy DeVito’s Rookie Season

Crusader12-0

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I read some fans comments last night and this am Esiason also brought up that the ref needs to spot the ball, not the Jets center (spike before game tying FG).

In further reading this am, seems the ref just needs to touch the ball before the snap and he did.  

Giants deserved to lose.  

I hate posting this, but just tank with quality acting skills the rest of the way.  Let the D hunt and handoff to Barkley.  

Oh new twist… buddy of mine in NJ texted me that doctors cleared Jones to play, but our HC didn’t know until after the game?! 
That seems a bit too much to me, even for the Giants.  
My guess, they didn’t want him to get contact one more week.  

If anyone gets more clarity about Jones, chime in thx.  

Neck injuries are very serious in any capacity and cannot be taken lightly, especially in relation to playing in an NFL game. Not that it matters much, though. There is some good news, though:

-Deonte Banks is for real.

-There is now no doubt that Tommy Devito is a fraud.

-Kayvon Thibodeux is finally developing as a pass rusher and looked really good yesterday.

The Leonard Williams trade gives NY two more draft picks to play with.

Top 5 draft pick is possible.

This season is a wash anyhow. Agree with you that the Giants have to do their best to "look good" while losing even if it hurts. Draft Amarius Mims, Olomuyiwa Fashanu, or any other good offensive lineman and try to continue building. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Neck injuries are very serious in any capacity and cannot be taken lightly, especially in relation to playing in an NFL game. Not that it matters much, though. There is some good news, though:

-Deonte Banks is for real.

-There is now no doubt that Tommy Devito is a fraud.

-Kayvon Thibodeux is finally developing as a pass rusher and looked really good yesterday.

The Leonard Williams trade gives NY two more draft picks to play with.

Top 5 draft pick is possible.

This season is a wash anyhow. Agree with you that the Giants have to do their best to "look good" while losing even if it hurts. Draft Amarius Mims, Olomuyiwa Fashanu, or any other good offensive lineman and try to continue building. 

So many holes to fill.  OL omg 😂, but watching Harrison Jr in multiple games… if I’m GM, it’s hard not to think trade up, but that’s me.  So many holes, but that kid is special.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

So many holes to fill.  OL omg 😂, but watching Harrison Jr in multiple games… if I’m GM, it’s hard not to think trade up, but that’s me.  So many holes, but that kid is special.  

Why not trade down a couple of spots in the first round and try to get Amarius Mims and another good lineman. Or maybe try to get Keyon Coleman if Harrison is drafted by The Panthers? Marvin Harrison might be *the* best WR in the 2024 draft, but you have to bite the bullet and accept that the offensive line needs major help before they can draft a WR. 

14 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Neck injuries are very serious in any capacity and cannot be taken lightly

It’s not often this happens, but in talking with my wife and daughter (in Poland currently) earlier tonight… my daughter mentioned a sports related matter and it was a very sad one, as there was a death in hockey and my daughter even remembered the name.  She told me she saw it all over social media.  

Here’s the tragic news.   29 years old.  😔 

https://apnews.com/article/adam-johnson-death-ice-hockey-40742ab7614de6cf3ad0912f2ef04f9b

One last bit of sad news… baseball great tall Frank Howard passed away.  

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Why not trade down a couple of spots in the first round and try to get Amarius Mims and another good lineman. Or maybe try to get Keyon Coleman if Harrison is drafted by The Panthers? Marvin Harrison might be *the* best WR in the 2024 draft, but you have to bite the bullet and accept that the offensive line needs major help before they can draft a WR. 

Yea, no problem there.  Jones needs help.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

It’s not often this happens, but in talking with my wife and daughter (in Poland currently) earlier tonight… my daughter mentioned a sports related matter and it was a very sad one, as there was a death in hockey and my daughter even remembered the name.  She told me she saw it all over social media.  

Here’s the tragic news.   29 years old.  😔 

https://apnews.com/article/adam-johnson-death-ice-hockey-40742ab7614de6cf3ad0912f2ef04f9b

One last bit of sad news… baseball great tall Frank Howard passed away.  

Sad news all around. May he rest in peace. At least the NHL seems to have learned a lesson. Neck guards should (hopefully) prevent life-threatening injuries such as these from happening again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Sad news all around. May he rest in peace. At least the NHL seems to have learned a lesson. Neck guards should (hopefully) prevent life-threatening injuries such as these from happening again. 

My fav racer was Dale Earnhardt. I watched his fatal crash and the result of it on the news and it just floored me.  
The HANS device (neck safety) would have saved his life most likely.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

HBD to Phil Simms 🍻 (68)

https://x.com/ol_timefootball/status/1720511630461825218?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

The bald man with glasses is the former GM, George Young… before a flight I shared with LT from EWR to FLL years back, I had a chat with him waiting for boarding.  He was not fond of George Young.  

That 4th down conversion vs Minn by Simms was one of the two best passes I’ve seen all time for the Giants.   The other was vs Pats in the SB, Eli to Mario Manningham (Michigan) and was a great catch. 

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito Round 2/ Big Blue Disaster!
  • Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito First Start/ Big Blue Disaster!
On 11/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, Crusader12-0 said:

Former Giant Antonio Pierce also made his debut as an NFL head coach for the Raiders. He was a big part of the 2007 championship team. He gets a big win to begin his tenure. Good for him. With the Giants season all but over, I wouldn’t mind seeing him make some noise with the Raiders. 

I’m on board with that.  Hope they beat the Jets.  I’m off today viewing NFL games.  Snuck in a few highlights though.  😊

• Like 1

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito First Win/ Big Blue Dub
21 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

DeVito nabbed his first NFL win in his 2nd start. Easily the best Giant QB performance of the season. 

18/26, 246 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 9 Sacks 😵

That last detail makes the performance even more impressive. The defense also had a bounce back performance, garnering 6 takeaways. 

I was driving back from Queens to NJ yesterday with a friend and we were listening to the game and heard DeVito get sacked 2x on their first series.   He had 3 sacks early, but didn’t realize he had 9 total Dang.  

I’m sure it was a pleasant trip back for the DeVito fam last night or this am  

IMG_7463.jpeg

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito Win #2/ Big Blue Dub
3 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Mr. DeVito (who used to post on forums with us, forgot his screen name last forum) is the one with sunglasses and smoking a cigar…not the first man, the younger one with darker hair.  😊

I’m not sure, but the blonde in the 15 Jersey and sunglasses I’m guessing is Lexy, Mrs. DeVito.  I haven’t seen her in person since the 80’s.

…After closer look, not sure that’s Lexy as its been too long seeing her and with sunglasses on makes it even harder.  
But for sure Tommy’s dad is the non hat wearing cigar smoker w shades on.  

2 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

A fan could’ve made that kick! Nonetheless, DeVito gets career win #2. 

17/25, 191 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 Fum Lost, 6 sacks

The defense was the difference in this game, forcing 3 TO. 

Mac Jones sucking at QB was the diff in this game.
He threw some awful passes and should have had more picked off.  

One awful pass mistake gave the Giants a very short field, resulting in the game’s lone TD.  

Nice game on CBS w Eagles coming back and leading Bills 28-24 with 7 min to go.  

Eagles unis look awesome.  Green with silver.

Would have preferred less white w socks, but still 🙌🏼 

Bills nearing red zone.  3 and change left.  Good game.   Inside 10 at 2 min warning.  Cook to the 6 (Miami Central, brother of Dalvin).  3rd and 4. 
Quick slant strike from slot.  
PAT good.  31-28 Buff.  Eagles plenty of time.  1:52

1:21 Eagles at own 38.  Bills 45.  58 secs and 2 timeouts. 
Soft zone catch.  Bills 34.  36 secs.  5 back and timeout force. Bills 39.  One TO left.  
ruling on field fumble.  But it wasn’t.  They changed it again.  No replay.  

A gap run to get closer for FG attempt.  3rd and 13.  30 secs.   Bills 37.  No timeouts. 
Another 5 back.  2 OL mishaps.   Bills timeout.  Would be a 59 yard attempt on a soggy field from this spot.  Not likely to happen. 
Philly has to get closer. 

FG or going on 4th and 13.  Trying a 59 yarder.  TO Buff.  25 secs.  The kick is good!  Wow!  What a rip!  So clutch.  

Heading to OT I’m sure now@Wooderson 20 secs and one timeout.  Kneeling it.  Smart.  

My longtime friend from Rutherford (who unfortunately I missed seeing during my recent visit) texted me after regulation and we continued thru game end.  He’s a diehard Cowboys fan (and top hater of Jerry Jones) and didn’t like the finish obviously, nor did our board’s Arizona expert I’m sure.  
As a Giants fan, I was disappointed also of course. Not that it matters in standings, just my DNA of hating Philly teams (except Phils w Maddox in CF, Schmidt, Luzinski, etc).  My NJ cable provider starting covering Phils games and I liked the announcers crew also.  Ashburn w Kalas was superb.  Kalas voice alone was superb.  WPHL I think it was and WTAF rings a bell too (Flyers I think played on that chnl also).  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Mr. DeVito (who used to post on forums with us, forgot his screen name last forum) is the one with sunglasses and smoking a cigar…not the first man, the younger one with darker hair.  😊

I’m not sure, but the blonde in the 15 Jersey and sunglasses I’m guessing is Lexy, Mrs. DeVito.  I haven’t seen her in person since the 80’s.

…After closer look, not sure that’s Lexy as its been too long seeing her and with sunglasses on makes it even harder.  
But for sure Tommy’s dad is the non hat wearing cigar smoker w shades on.  

Yup that’s him, can’t tell if he still has the pony tail…short lil fella, surprised Tommy is 6’3”

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Yup that’s him, can’t tell if he still has the pony tail…short lil fella, surprised Tommy is 6’3”

Lexy’s dad was good height as I recall.  She has a tall brother also again as I recall from 40 years ago approx. 😊
Good looking Kid.  Italian side won in the facial appearance vs German.  

Tommy can sling it.  He’s got a NFL arm.  But beyond that and Imo and useless one, his pocket reaction is run first and needs to learn to throw the ball away vs taking so many sacks.  He’s too uncomfortable and almost lost a fumble without a lucky bounce directly where he was stripped in today’s game.   He’s not big enough to run with authority imo (useless again my opinion). 

Jones rehab will likely dictate Tommy’s future w Giants, but I suspect the Giants will have a better QB depth chart in 2024.   

Totally cool that Tommy is at the helm, that I know both parents and it’s my fav NFL team since childhood.  

What NJ slinger QB and NJ family isn’t cool about this?  
Nothing. 

Especially in a down non playoff season.  
The only negative is losing some draft spots perhaps if no trades are made prior, but it’s not like Tommy is carrying the team the last 2 wins.  

• Like 1

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito’s Rookie Season