Tommy DeVito’s Rookie Season

Crusader12-0

Dolphins game is over and they switched to this game.  

Giants will win this game with 8 yards passing?!  😂 

Some local media were complaining last week about Kayvon T. and Carl Banks thought they were nuts.   He has 3 sacks today.  :) 

Lol, missed chip shot.  What a shit show game.  
Giants didn’t throw a pass the entire 2nd half. 

Jets FG range vs prevent you from winning defense.

Well looks like more runs from the Giants coming up.  Or will they attempt a pass!  

10-10 OT 
More exciting football baby!  

CBS don’t Fricking Heidi me in 10-15 min!  

Reminds me of an STA vs Miramar game in 2014.  
Rizzo was out after DBP game.   I forget the backup QB name but STA somehow won with strong D and special teams as at best they attempted 4 passes all game.  Not sure there was a completion, maybe one. 

1st completion for Tommy and holding is called.  Oof. 

Now he has his first completion, 0 yards. 

2-7 for -1 yds.  

Jets ball near midfield. 

This could be worse than a Giants Cards 20-20 OT game years back.  Missed FG’s and futility in that one.  I forget, but that might have been a MNF game.  

As expected, I got Heidi’d.  😖 

49ers game on now.  

Jets in FG range.
Now they are in chip shot win range.   Jets win. 

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

1st completion for Tommy and holding is called.  Oof. 

Now he has his first completion, 0 yards. 

2-7 for -1 yds.  

Jets ball near midfield. 

This could be worse than a Giants Cards 20-20 OT game years back.  Missed FG’s and futility in that one.  I forget, but that might have been a MNF game.  

As expected, I got Heidi’d.  😖 

49ers game on now.  

Jets in FG range.
Now they are in chip shot win range.   Jets win. 

Fire Bobby Johnson right now. Warm up Kafka’s and Daboll’s seats. This is inexcusable.  Yet another week where the Giants’ defense puts on an absolute clinic only for their offense to completely cease to function and ruin the game. 

I understand the injuries to Jones and Taylor. I understand that Graham Gano was playing with a hurt groin and his performance suffered because of it. What cannot be excused are a historically bad offensive line, uninspired and asinine play-calling, almost no play-action to attenuate the pressure on the third-string QB, and a net of 114 yards of offense with only 10 points. 

This is beyond sickening. The defense comes to play every week only to have the game ruined by their offense, or lack of it thereof. This franchise is stuck in neutral and will not compete for anything past the wild card round until they can find an NFL-caliber offensive line. Father Time only knows how long that will take. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 941Indian said:

Fire Bobby Johnson right now. Warm up Kafka’s and Daboll’s seats. This is inexcusable.  

Coaching fails the Giants every year. There was no good reason to kick that FG. It was 4th & 1! They ran the ball well all game. A FG doesn’t win u the game there, but a 1st down does!

If Gano was injured, why the heck would you play him! You could’ve seen that coming from a mile away! 

And why did they wait until overtime to get a pass game going? It wasn’t get going at the moment, so they may as well have kept handing off to Barkley and prayed that he’d break another big one. If you had no confidence in DeVito to throw it, then why was he on the team?

• Thanks 2

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito Debut/ Big Blue Disaster!

But the real mind boggling thing was the game tying drive. The Giants defense played lights out for 59:30 and then out nowhere they give up 2 30 yard bombs, to Zach Wilson of all people. It makes no sense. With all things considered, this was an impossible loss that could have only happened to the Giants. And it’s just one of many examples!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

But the real mind boggling thing was the game tying drive. The Giants defense played lights out for 59:30 and then out nowhere they give up 2 30 yard bombs, to Zach Wilson of all people. It makes no sense. With all things considered, this was an impossible loss that could have only happened to the Giants. And it’s just one of many examples!

The defense has no fault for the loss today. They held the Jets to 13 points and it would have been even fewer if The Giants had any offense at all. An *average* offense blows the doors off of the Jets today. Instead, The Giants set a new record in ineptitude: Tommy DeVito had -9 all-purpose passing yards. That’s the worst in NFL history. Why even keep DeVito on the practice squad if he can’t be trusted to play QB in this league? Gosh man being a Giants fan is hard.

Agree with mostly everything you wrote in the post above this, though.  The defense having a couple of missteps at the end of the game is nothing compared to how the offense performed today. 

4 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

image.png.fb25c61abe9e719b2813f1187860f590.pngI still can’t believe that this happened!

My father hated the prevent defense.  It made no sense to him to play a certain way all game and then play “safe”.   

I’ve called it the preventing you from winning defense all too often.  

I really miss the smashmouth Giants days on O.  

• Like 3

I read some fans comments last night and this am Esiason also brought up that the ref needs to spot the ball, not the Jets center (spike before game tying FG).

In further reading this am, seems the ref just needs to touch the ball before the snap and he did.  

Giants deserved to lose.  

I hate posting this, but just tank with quality acting skills the rest of the way.  Let the D hunt and handoff to Barkley.  

Oh new twist… buddy of mine in NJ texted me that doctors cleared Jones to play, but our HC didn’t know until after the game?! 
That seems a bit too much to me, even for the Giants.  
My guess, they didn’t want him to get contact one more week.  

If anyone gets more clarity about Jones, chime in thx.  

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

This was the ugliest football game ever played. 

If all the games were like this, the sport would quickly die. 

I felt similarly and only watched from late 4th. 😂 

Of course I was following the game and the stats online though… and silly me, to think the Giants would win in regulation with 8 yards passing.  🤔 

There was another brutal Giants game (shocker 😂) vs the Cards many years back that ended in a 20-20 OT finish. I mentioned it above.  Was fitting as neither team deserved a W.  I did watch that full game and it was baaaaad.  I just looked up the year and date and had another 😂 as it was close to a 40 year anniversary of futility.  10/25/83

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I felt similarly and only watched from late 4th. 😂 

Of course I was following the game and the stats online though… and silly me, to think the Giants would win in regulation with 8 yards passing.  🤔 

There was another brutal Giants game (shocker 😂) vs the Cards many years back that ended in a 20-20 OT finish. I mentioned it above.  Was fitting as neither team deserved a W.  I did watch that full game and it was baaaaad.  I just looked up the year and date and had another 😂 as it was close to a 40 year anniversary of futility.  10/25/83

I think it was a total of -9 yards passing.

• Haha 1

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to Tommy DeVito’s Rookie Season