Coaching Change Coming to SJR-Montvale

Mickeybern

12 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

@Mickeybern u think they make a change at bosco or they giving Sabella one more year?

and for peters I doubt Richie fires his Son as HC

Sabella's situation I believe will come down to whether a big upgrade is available. Sabella is well liked by the admin but I have heard credible rumblings about a change. It won't be done Joe's style though, the replacement will have to be on board before a move is made. 

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Sabella's situation I believe will come down to whether a big upgrade is available. Sabella is well liked by the admin but I have heard credible rumblings about a change. It won't be done Joe's style though, the replacement will have to be on board before a move is made. 

SPP is a real dilemma. Richie can't cover for 1-9, I don't care how much you love your kid. He'll get 1 more year to turn it around but if he doesn't I hope he does the right thing and resign in order to save his father the indignity.

• Like 2

Nunz has no chance at Syracuse HC.....not enough games to put a stamp on program.  was part of losing coaching staff...that does not impress the alumni or recruits for that matter.  As far as SJR it comes down to Auggie.  If he wants it, it should be him.   That would be the best for the long term....coach for another 20 plus years and build a TK resume.  Co;umbia's season is over and they were not world beaters so ball is in Mr, Hoffmans court.   

If he takes a pass which would be surprising then its get interesting.  I would not hire Nunz as he wants college all the way.  would make a serious offer to Fitz at SHP.  Would not look at anyone on existing SJR staff.   for shits and giggles would reach out to either McCourtys to gauge any interest 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, FreeBird said:

I just don’t want someone who’s gonnna be here longer then a few years that grab a college job again and dip out, and  joes got some senior class for this incoming coach, no excuses on not winning 

SJR always finds an excuse for Losing. Last year they blamed the little short QB...at least he won a playoff game. This year they got their tall blonde QB and they were 1 & done 🤣🤣 so now they blame the coach1🤣🤣 we'll I got News for you..Unless your coaches name is Campanilie you ain't seeing a championship 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, scrooge McDuck said:

SJR always finds an excuse for Losing. Last year they blamed the little short QB...at least he won a playoff game. This year they got their tall blonde QB and they were 1 & done 🤣🤣 so now they blame the coach1🤣🤣 we'll I got News for you..Unless your coaches name is Campanilie you ain't seeing a championship 🤣🤣🤣

Lol DePaul and Iona prep got embarrassed this year 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

Augie Hoffman is the lead contender for the SJR job at this time. Ex-HC Dan Marangi has been hired at Indian Hills

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/12/18/st-joseph-montvale-nj-football-coaching-search-what-we-know/71959154007/

Football: What we know about the St. Joseph coaching search, Dan Marangi's new gig

As of Monday, more than a month has passed since Marangi “stepped down” from the head job. A new coach has yet to be named, but there sure have been rumors.

The tragic death of former Green Knights offensive lineman Rocco Rodden definitely delayed the search and that's totally understandable.

High school football coaches in North Jersey don’t have agents feeding news and scoops to reporters in order to get their clients more publicity (and more money) for various jobs. But from multiple sources I've talked to over the last two weeks, it seems like Hoffmann is the leading candidate to return to St. Joe’s, and it could be done as early as Monday.

There may be some on the search committee who still have hard feelings about Hoffmann leaving the school in 2020. Even though Hoffmann was successful as the Green Knights coach and became recognizable and synonymous with the school, he did leave, first for Rutgers and then last season for Columbia University.

Whoever takes over the St. Joe's job is inheriting one of the most successful programs in North Jersey, but it's gotten tougher to win big. The Green Knights won a lot of titles in Non-Public Group 3, and didn’t have to face Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco each year to do so. Now they do. Throw in the fact that Delbarton and Seton Hall Prep have also become legit contenders.

I have to be careful with what I say next, because I was told there were six serious candidates for the job. Many I listed in our potential candidates story when Marangi left. The message from the St. Joe’s administration, from an email I got last week, was to stay patient.

“We are working through the interview process with a dedicated committee of key stakeholders,” read the email from athletic director Reggie St. Rose to me last week.

Dan Marangi lands at Indian Hills

In the meantime, Marangi has already found a new position as head coach at Indian Hills, pending approval of the Ramapo Indian Hills Board of Education on Monday night.

Marangi won 24 games in four years leading St. Joseph, but his best team in 2020 − featuring Notre Dame star running back Audric Estime − never got to play for a state championship because of COVID.

Marangi will takes over an Indian Hills program that plays in the Ivy Division of the Super Football Conference, a long way away from the North Jersey non-public powerhouses. The Braves just had their first winning season since 2015 under Dom Mulieri, and you’d be right for wondering why Indian Hills would let Mulieri go so quickly when the program seemed to be on the upswing.

A public school with an opening, like Waldwick/Midland Park, Hasbrouck Heights or Pompton Lakes, would be smart to give Mulieri a look.

Ramapo and Indian Hills have a unique arrangement in which kids from any of the district's three towns − Oakland, Wyckoff and Franklin Lakes − can choose which school to attend. Obviously, a lot of good football players have chosen Ramapo over the years, but can Marangi bring those talented players to Indian Hills now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Augie Hoffman is the lead contender for the SJR job at this time. Ex-HC Dan Marangi has been hired at Indian Hills

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/12/18/st-joseph-montvale-nj-football-coaching-search-what-we-know/71959154007/

Football: What we know about the St. Joseph coaching search, Dan Marangi's new gig

As of Monday, more than a month has passed since Marangi “stepped down” from the head job. A new coach has yet to be named, but there sure have been rumors.

The tragic death of former Green Knights offensive lineman Rocco Rodden definitely delayed the search and that's totally understandable.

High school football coaches in North Jersey don’t have agents feeding news and scoops to reporters in order to get their clients more publicity (and more money) for various jobs. But from multiple sources I've talked to over the last two weeks, it seems like Hoffmann is the leading candidate to return to St. Joe’s, and it could be done as early as Monday.

There may be some on the search committee who still have hard feelings about Hoffmann leaving the school in 2020. Even though Hoffmann was successful as the Green Knights coach and became recognizable and synonymous with the school, he did leave, first for Rutgers and then last season for Columbia University.

Whoever takes over the St. Joe's job is inheriting one of the most successful programs in North Jersey, but it's gotten tougher to win big. The Green Knights won a lot of titles in Non-Public Group 3, and didn’t have to face Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco each year to do so. Now they do. Throw in the fact that Delbarton and Seton Hall Prep have also become legit contenders.

I have to be careful with what I say next, because I was told there were six serious candidates for the job. Many I listed in our potential candidates story when Marangi left. The message from the St. Joe’s administration, from an email I got last week, was to stay patient.

“We are working through the interview process with a dedicated committee of key stakeholders,” read the email from athletic director Reggie St. Rose to me last week.

Dan Marangi lands at Indian Hills

In the meantime, Marangi has already found a new position as head coach at Indian Hills, pending approval of the Ramapo Indian Hills Board of Education on Monday night.

Marangi won 24 games in four years leading St. Joseph, but his best team in 2020 − featuring Notre Dame star running back Audric Estime − never got to play for a state championship because of COVID.

Marangi will takes over an Indian Hills program that plays in the Ivy Division of the Super Football Conference, a long way away from the North Jersey non-public powerhouses. The Braves just had their first winning season since 2015 under Dom Mulieri, and you’d be right for wondering why Indian Hills would let Mulieri go so quickly when the program seemed to be on the upswing.

A public school with an opening, like Waldwick/Midland Park, Hasbrouck Heights or Pompton Lakes, would be smart to give Mulieri a look.

Ramapo and Indian Hills have a unique arrangement in which kids from any of the district's three towns − Oakland, Wyckoff and Franklin Lakes − can choose which school to attend. Obviously, a lot of good football players have chosen Ramapo over the years, but can Marangi bring those talented players to Indian Hills now?

losing in playoffs, Marangi leaving and one of the most liked kids murdered all in one week, I honestly don’t know how these kids holding together, just crazy still

• 2 months later...