Thoughts on Dylan Raiola?

Ga96

My opinion either he isn't the #1 QB or the QB class overall is low.

I would have him as a 4star. Didn't even prove he was the best QB in georgia this year.

Good thing for him he is going to Uga. We've seen them win a championship with a drunk that didn't go to class and now winning with rocky dennis. If he stays healthy that team will make him look like first rounder regardless of how he plays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I would have him as a 4star. Didn't even prove he was the best QB in georgia this year.

Good thing for him he is going to Uga. We've seen them win a championship with a drunk that didn't go to class and now winning with rocky dennis. If he stays healthy that team will make him look like first rounder regardless of how he plays.

Coming to the big leagues in Georgia with several great teams exposed him in some areas. I agree probably a low 4 star.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Maybe him being drunk is why the most successful qb in Georgia history has a losing record to Alabama. Lol Dont go wild Georgia fans.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Maybe him being drunk is why the most successful qb in Georgia history has a losing record to Alabama. Lol Dont go wild Georgia fans.

Oh Yeah...bummer.

That really offsets those TWO MVP AWARDS in the National Championship games.  Dude, you have some set of priorities.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

To answer your question....I don't think Raiola will play a whole lot at Georgia.  There's a lot of us who think Beck comes back next season.  And if that happens...more than likely "Redbeard" probably transfers.  Stockton stays.  And in 2025...I just don't think DR jumps Gunner and takes the starting job.

Hell....scuttlebutt would tell you that Raiola transfers out to somewhere like...Miami.  The kid does like the travel mile perks.  I suppose we'll hafta wait and see........

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Oh Yeah...bummer.

That really offsets those TWO MVP AWARDS in the National Championship games.  Dude, you have some set of priorities.

Rufus>>

Facts are facts. Alabama has over 400 players with at least 2 national title rings and many with 3. 

That must really Sting like hell knowing he has a losing record to Alabama.  Good luck Saturday. 

53 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Facts are facts. Alabama has over 400 players with at least 2 national title rings and many with 3. 

That must really Sting like hell knowing he has a losing record to Alabama.  Good luck Saturday. 

Get somebody to explain for you the difference between 2 rings and 2 MVP trophies.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He must not want the pressure of playing at Georgia who expects a national title every year vs if Nebraska makes a bowl game it is a good year. Playing in Georgia vs other top 100 teams shook him up. 

Kid wasn't exactly dominant on a loaded team in a lesser football state while at Chandler. He's put up numbers, but hasn't lifted teams with championship aspirations anywhere and junior and senior seasons with negative rushing yards doesn't point to a guy with a modern quarterback's skillset.

• Like 2

DR would probably have a better shot at starting for Nebraska than he would starting for Georgia.  Next season, Carson will start for the Dawgs again.  Gunner will be his backup.  DR would carry the clipboard.

He has a shot of playing time in Big Red country.  Plus his uncle is over the O-Line up there.

Kinda makes sense to flip.................

Rufus>>

49 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

DR would probably have a better shot at starting for Nebraska than he would starting for Georgia.  Next season, Carson will start for the Dawgs again.  Gunner will be his backup.  DR would carry the clipboard.

He has a shot of playing time in Big Red country.  Plus his uncle is over the O-Line up there.

Kinda makes sense to flip.................

Rufus>>

He and his family have the trademarks of being a pain in the ass and undependable.

A move to Nebraska removes the family-pain-in-the-ass issue or at least keeps it entirely in-house.

I highly doubt the Raiola clan are content with waiting 2 (or more) years to see Dylan have a real shot at playing. Methinks they look at the (very dubious) #1/#2 rankings next to his name and think that Mahomes should step aside and open up Dylan's deserved spot at KC.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, concha said:

He and his family have the trademarks of being a pain in the ass and undependable.

A move to Nebraska removes the family-pain-in-the-ass issue or at least keeps it entirely in-house.

I highly doubt the Raiola clan are content with waiting 2 (or more) years to see Dylan have a real shot at playing. Methinks they look at the (very dubious) #1/#2 rankings next to his name and think that Mahomes should step aside and open up Dylan's deserved spot at KC.

LOL...Carson Beck is the exception.  NOBODY wants to wait.  In the words of the great Freddie Mercury..."I want it all...and I want it now".  Buford sold their soul to accommodate Raiola.  It didn't work out for them...and it more than likely wouldn't work out for Georgia.  It broke my heart when Vandagriff transferred to Kentucky...but he did the right thing.  He had waited two years...and he would have had to wait another (2024).  College football has become a circus.  I suppose the Raiola's just want to be ringleaders.

Rufus>>

• Like 1