Lakeland is the reason we have super teams in Florida

Nolebull813

48 minutes ago, badrouter said:

As an atheist, you should recognize that there's not any meaningful difference between Scientology and Catholicism. Both are silly works of fiction believed wholeheartedly by gullible people. They have nothing to do with football teams.

The value of modern Catholicism is that a lot of its adherents don't really believe it. Scientologists are true believers. This is probably one of the reasons why their school has to play Roar Prep and TRU Prep Academy twice.

Nobody takes them seriously which makes it funny that Lakeland plays them and therefore has to prop them up.

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Here's Massey's Strength of Schedule ranking since he started measuring it in 2010. 

@badrouter Let me know if you find something interesting.

Screenshot2023-12-29145116.png.a2f26df52c4da318fc784649854bdd23.png

I'm very close to launching my Badrouter's GoodRatings list. Will my list be considered alongside Massey's?

You need a rationale for selecting the years you select as well. Why go back 13 years instead of 14? Or 5? Etc. A more reasonable time period, for Florida teams, is 2017 to present. 2017 is the first season where "School choice" allowed public schools to "attract" talent from neighboring schools with ease. Even then, just taking Massey's word for it is actually no different than taking my word for it. I'd just construct an alias that gives distance from the badrouter persona. Then it's just one guy's list compared to another guy's list.

THE clear, reasonable trend among public schools in the present is to schedule most/all games within a couple of hours radius from the campus. Travel costs and time away from school/home make long distances prohibitive. What this means is that public schools in large metropolitan areas have a long list of "Somebody's" that they can choose to play without having to travel far at all. A school like Lakeland is much more limited in that regard.

Who, within a couple of hours of campus, should Lakeland play that they haven't? Manatee, Apopka, Lakewood, Armwood, Osceola are all programs with a long history of being powers. Lakeland has had home-and-homes with all of those. I assume Lakeland won't play IMG for the same reason STA won't play them. So, that doesn't leave a lot of options. Sure, there's Edgewater, Jones and TBT. But, setting aside the fact that individual schools have their own set of dynamics which make scheduling a game an imprecise science, even if/when they did play those teams, it's not clear message board pundits like yourself would even grant that those teams are better in any meaningful way than the teams Lakeland did play. Which means you're expecting them to travel (or find an opponent willing to travel and as a one-off) 4 or more hours each way. If they don't pay for a hotel, they're getting back home at 3am or later on a Saturday. And for what? 

30 minutes ago, badrouter said:

THE clear, reasonable trend among public schools in the present is to schedule most/all games within a couple of hours radius from the campus. Travel costs and time away from school/home make long distances prohibitive. What this means is that public schools in large metropolitan areas have a long list of "Somebody's" that they can choose to play without having to travel far at all. A school like Lakeland is much more limited in that regard.

This is comical in regards to Lakeland because they specifically pay schools from 3-4 hours away to play body bag games at Bryant Stadium.

Lakeland has been busing in bad teams from hours away for nearly 30 years.

The bold-face nature of your lies is epic.

34 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Which means you're expecting them to travel (or find an opponent willing to travel and as a one-off) 4 or more hours each way. If they don't pay for a hotel, they're getting back home at 3am or later on a Saturday. And for what? 

Again, Lakeland has bused in terrible teams from South Florida and the Treasure Coast for nearly 30 years. And in that time they have made exactly *zero* return trips.

I assume you must have hit your head recently because you know this fact and are seemingly trying to just ignore it out of existence.

Why you ask? Because Lakeland wants easy wins.

They *purposefully* played bad schedules for going on three decades.