Shang Chi Lakers

FreeBird

5 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

This is exactly why I put Kobe in front of him on the greatest all time list. Jordan, Kobe then Lebron.

I can’t stand lebron but strictly basketball I don’t like how his mentality just disappears some nights unlike the other 2 you mentioned 

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

This is exactly why I put Kobe in front of him on the greatest all time list. Jordan, Kobe then Lebron.

You have to remember that Lebron is almost 40 , way past his prime, but still better than almost anyone in he NBA still . Now he has to rely on his supporting cast more than ever, especially down the stretch. Lakers are woefully coached and the mix of players they have do not gel . They are not a " Team " , just a collection . Defense is horrible .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You have to remember that Lebron is almost 40 , way past his prime, but still better than almost anyone in he NBA still . Now he has to rely on his supporting cast more than ever, especially down the stretch. Lakers are woefully coached and the mix of players they have do not gel . They are not a " Team " , just a collection . Defense is horrible .

Don’t you think that Lebron had some say on how the team is made up? You don’t pay a guy 50 mil a year do say it’s “just basketball” and imply you shouldn’t take it that seriously. I’m sure the guy who paid $1000.00 a ticket would beg to differ. Have you ever seen Kobe be flippant about a game especially a playoff game. He would probably be in the gym trying to correct any mistakes he might have made.

10 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Don’t you think that Lebron had some say on how the team is made up? You don’t pay a guy 50 mil a year do say it’s “just basketball” and imply you shouldn’t take it that seriously. I’m sure the guy who paid $1000.00 a ticket would beg to differ. Have you ever seen Kobe be flippant about a game especially a playoff game. He would probably be in the gym trying to correct any mistakes he might have made.

That may be true now, Where Lebron could call it quits any time now . Imop, Kobe was never the Aircraft carrier like the younger Lebron ( Cleveland ). A Cleveland Lebron and before , there is no way He would let his teams fold down the stretch in these games . The Lakers are so shitty now that they have to keep Lebron at all costs just to be a relevant 8th seed . When he goes, and if changes aren't made , this Laker team is at or near the bottom .  This is why the great superstars, many of them , choose to go out at the top (Jordan, Manning , etc.) so as not to tarnish their legacy . Hanging around long after their prime , people, the press, have short memories . In tennis you saw this with Federer , Murray, and now Nadal .Pistol Pete knew when his time was up and went out at the top winning the U.S. open

6 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Kobe was called uncoachable by Phil Jackson. We could talk about how Kobe might have responded to a playoff loss, but he didn’t make the playoffs his final four years. 

Kobe’s last three years:

• 35 years - 6 games - 13.8/ppg
  • 36 years - 35 games - 22.3/ppg
  • 37 years - 66 games - 17.6/ppg 

In comparison when LeBron was the same age and the next two years  

• 35 years - 67 games - 25.3/ppg
  • 36 years - 45 games - 25.0/ppg
  • 37 years - 56 games - 30.0/ppg 
  • 38 years - 55 games - 28.9/ppg
  • 39 years - 71 games - 25.7/ppg

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

He chose who coaches and who plays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pied said:

Kobe was called uncoachable by Phil Jackson. We could talk about how Kobe might have responded to a playoff loss, but he didn’t make the playoffs his final four years. 

Kobe’s last three years:

• 35 years - 6 games - 13.8/ppg
  • 36 years - 35 games - 22.3/ppg
  • 37 years - 66 games - 17.6/ppg 

In comparison when LeBron was the same age and the next two years  

• 35 years - 67 games - 25.3/ppg
  • 36 years - 45 games - 25.0/ppg
  • 37 years - 56 games - 30.0/ppg 
  • 38 years - 55 games - 28.9/ppg
  • 39 years - 71 games - 25.7/ppg

I know the numbers and that’s not my deciding criteria. I hear stories all the time from players talking about the killer mentality and drive to be the best Kobe had. Lebron, not so much. I’m not say Lebrons a scub and he could legitimately be considered the best all time, just not my best. The  “it’s only basketball” comments just reaffirms my take on the debate.

• Like 2

I also look at loyalty, how many teams have lebron play for, ditching old teams to play for better ones, making national tv series “the decision “  on where he’ll play next, how many coaches has he gone thru 

then tell me how many teams Kobe played for? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreeBird said:

I also look at loyalty, how many teams have lebron play for, ditching old teams to play for better ones, making national tv series “the decision “  on where he’ll play next, how many coaches has he gone thru 

then tell me how many teams Kobe played for? 

I don’t use loyalty as a criteria either. There is rarely (I mean a 1 in a 100 type rare) owner loyalty to the players. It’s a business, plain and simple. At The first job I had outa HS the owner told me something that’s stuck for 40 years “I’m in business to make money not provide jobs!”. So 99% of the time it’s about business not loyalty.

Just now, Norcalnut said:

The fucked up part is 50% of the people who watch this video will think it’s real and comment as such.

More then 50 % lol it got me until he started talking about learning Chinese lol, just wait another year and U won’t even know what’s  Ai and what’s not