Question about blowouts.

Nolebull813

Common opinion states that when a team is destroying another team they shouldn’t pass the ball. 

That the winning team must run the ball and kill as much clock as possible. 

My question is, should the losing team have to do the same? Should the losing team just run every play and kill the play clock down to a second every time? I don’t think any team getting blown out should pass the ball once or it shows bad sportsmanship 

Why does a team have to change their game plan, offensive schemes and deny QBs and wideouts the chance of any stats because the opponent doesn’t know how to play football adequate enough?

56 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Common opinion states that when a team is destroying another team they shouldn’t pass the ball. 

My question is, should the losing team have to do the same? Should the losing team just run every play and kill the play clock down to a second every time? I don’t think any team getting blown out should pass the ball once or it shows bad sportsmanship 

Why does a team have to change their game plan, offensive schemes and deny QBs and wideouts the chance of any stats because the opponent doesn’t know how to play football adequate enough?

BG is probably the best case study for that.  They’ve assembled a team that is competitive and sometimes dominant at the elite level, and after OOL/OOS is complete, they crush everyone in league.  So, that means the bumpkin desert schools they play should maybe just give up football because they don’t know how to play?  It’s the equivalent of sanctioned bullying.

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

BG is probably the best case study for that.  They’ve assembled a team that is competitive and sometimes dominant at the elite level, and after OOL/OOS is complete, they crush everyone in league.  So, that means the bumpkin desert schools they play should maybe just give up football because they don’t know how to play?  It’s the equivalent of sanctioned bullying.

BG just proves what Oak Hill did 30 years ago. A great team can be assembled in any geographic location. Nothing more, nothing less. Same with IMG. 

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Due to the PC culture of today! The GHSA has adopted the addition of the RUNNING CLOCK! A revelation that NEITHER coach likes, because it affords little opportunity for both team's backups, to get valuable PT for the coming year! Colquitt RARELY goes to a strict running game with it's back ups! Because balance is what they try to do! COURSE, with our schedule, they ain't many blowouts! I'm told that ISB, JAX Trinity, Bolles, AHP, Cocoa, STA, and Plant, have cancelled on JAWJA for the coming century!:)

18 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

There is no such opine.  Georgia does institute a running clock...but to say you can't pass the ball?  No way.  You run your offense with your underclassmen.  You give them valuable game experience.

Don't pass the ball !!!!

What kind of football do you guys play?

Rufus>>

Brookville had NO issues with running the score up on Colquitt! We'll see what's what, shortly though!

57 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

BG just proves what Oak Hill did 30 years ago. A great team can be assembled in any geographic location. Nothing more, nothing less. Same with IMG. 

The coaches at IMG, STA, EITHER BOSCO, DLS, Bergen, Colerain, Iggy, St. X, Lousiville Trinity, Katy, Allen, SLC, Dematha, CENT10, SJB, Mater Dei, AHP, Miami Central, da Bishop, Chandler, Booker T., et al., couldn't get out of their own way, if they had to coach up the talent they have available in SOWEGA!

I think it is all situational....

If you are blowing out another team, most teams sub at a certain point.....Colerain's general policy is that the starters will at least play the first series of the 2nd half before being subbed.

As far as attacking via the pass during a blowout, it all depends....if you are a running team that needs to work on your passing game, this could be the best time to do so....backups are free game to do whatever they want IMO..I guess it all depends how bad the blowout is; for example, if you're blowing out The International School of Amputees....probably not a good look to keep passing the ball. But if you're blowing out a very good team like BTW did to Norcross or P-R did to Wayne, I'd say no mercy until it's like 56-0.

As far as what the team getting destroyed should do, I'd say anything is fair game.......I do think they should also sub their starters when the other team starts subbing 3rd and 4th stringers, mainly because of the discrepancy of size, particularly on the lines. 

29 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

The coaches at IMG, STA, EITHER BOSCO, DLS, Bergen, Colerain, Iggy, St. X, Lousiville Trinity, Katy, Allen, SLC, Dematha, CENT10, SJB, Mater Dei, AHP, Miami Central, da Bishop, Chandler, Booker T., et al., couldn't get out of their own way, if they had to coach up the talent they have available in SOWEGA!

A single team fielded from Lowndes or Thomas counties will have enough talent to beat most of those most years. Toss in statewide open enrollment, and IMG can save the travel money for the tennis team. Which is what they used to be.

35 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Miami Dade is perhaps the deepest talent pool in the nation 

If you were to field a dade all star team that team wouldn't lose a game in 50 years

Why the hell you think every major college tries to get players from South Florida 

But of course you know nothing about Florida 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Miami Dade is perhaps the deepest talent pool in the nation 

If you were to field a dade all star team that team wouldn't lose a game in 50 years

Why the hell you think every major college tries to get players from South Florida 

But of course you know nothing about Florida 

It AIN'T deeper than the ATL MORON! And as soon as Kirby finishes that wall around that area and state, you'll SEE!

And IF they are SOOOO bad ass, WHY do Miami, FSU, and FLAAAAWDA SUCK so bad?xD Is it that all those snowbirds are going home to ROOST?

10 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

A single team fielded from Lowndes or Thomas counties will have enough talent to beat most of those most years. Toss in statewide open enrollment, and IMG can save the travel money for the tennis team. Which is what they used to be.

But the POINT is, that playas in SOWEGA are NOT going to defect! Can you imagine, in your mind's eye, a team at Colquitt, comprised of just TWO extra selected playas off of neighboring schools on their roster?

6 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And IF they are SOOOO bad ass, WHY do Miami, FSU, and FLAAAAWDA SUCK so bad?xD Is it that all those snowbirds are going home to ROOST?

You are a moron 

You really think every single player from those teams are from Florida? 

Miami was winning national championships when they recruited almost exclusively Florida 

Florida was winning when they actually had good coaching

Florida State operated similar to Miami when they were having those elite teams in late 90s

5 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

But the POINT is, that playas in SOWEGA are NOT going to defect! Can you imagine, in your mind's eye, a team at Colquitt, comprised of just TWO extra selected playas off of neighboring schools on their roster?

I can. Wish they would. Only reason they don't is old Judge Lawrence and his 1970 busing desegregation regulations. A factoid these numb skulls a few time zones away, lack the cognitive reasoning skills to identify, or integrity to acknowledge. Those rulings ended, after the 71' season, open enrollment here as they have it in California, Arizona, New Jersey, parts of Florida,  and none of Georgia or Texas, or Louisiana, and South Carolina.

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If all the talent GA needs is from they're own state then why do they have 10+ players from Florida? 

They have only THREE that are good enough to PLAY? And why did FSU hafta go to Thomas Co. Central and Albany, to find two of their greatest players EVER? And the anchor on the D line, for the Central FLAAAAWDA team, is from COLQUITT COUNTY!

1 minute ago, JCGIII said:

I can. Wish they would. Only reason they don't is old Judge lawrence and his 1970 busing regulations. Which ended open enrollment as they have it in California, Arizona, New Jersey, parts of Florida, none of Georgia or Texas.

If Florida teams had the commitment from the administration and coaching that Texas has there wouldn't be any doubt who best state is 

Anyway to the orginal post 

@Nolebull813

In my opinion you run your offense, if lead is in your control put backups in but run your offense the same way,  it's the other teams problem they getting blown out 

4 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

They have only THREE that are good enough to PLAY? And why did FSU hafta go to Thomas Co. Central and Albany, to find two of their greatest players EVER? And the anchor on the D line, for the Central FLAAAAWDA team, is from COLQUITT COUNTY!

You mean ucf defense who just gave up 42 points? 

From what i saw the ucf defensive line was shut down by usf OL which is loaded with FL players

I will say i was impressed with several players on both teams offenses 

#8 for usf looks like a better reciever then anyone on UF team

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

If Florida teams had the commitment from the administration and coaching that Texas has there wouldn't be any doubt who best state is 

Anyway to the orginal post 

@Nolebull813

In my opinion you run your offense, if lead is in your control put backups in but run your offense the same way,  it's the other teams problem they getting blown out 

Look at the results of the large class championship results from 1965 through 1994 in Florida. A significantly greater number of North Florida, Panhandle, and Merritt Island  were bring home the big trophy than Dade ( Broward wasn't shit). Why? Miami-Dade schools were playing with kids in their assigned zone. They didn't get so much better than the rest of Florida without cause and effect. Kids coming up from Homestead, and over from Kendall? No coincidence.

2 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Look at the results of the large class results from 1965 through 1994 in Florida's highest class. A greater number of North Florida, Panhandle, and Merritt Island  were bring home the big trophy than Dade. Why? Miami-Dade schools were playing with kids in their assigned zone. They didn't get so much better than the rest of Florida without cause and effect.

My point is the talent would make us best state but coaching and limited support from administrations across the state is what is hurting teams across the state 

And North Florida has talent 

But

South Florida is flat better 

Problem is you either have to have a special team (which don't come around every day)  or great coaching  (and most of the good coaches have migrated North bc the administators at schools won't pay more money to the coaches 

If Florida would up the pay of coaches the level of state would shoot up drastically 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

My point is the talent would make us best state but coaching and limited support from administrations across the state is what is hurting teams across the state 

The reason Cloumbia and other public schools in your neck of the woods can't beat the Miami schools anymore, is because they can cross county and incorporated lines and obtain legal transfers.Neither can the Duval schools.

And North Florida has talent 

But

South Florida is flat better 

Problem is you either have to have a special team (which don't come around every day)  or great coaching  (and most of the good coaches have migrated North bc the administators at schools won't pay more money to the coaches 

If Florida would up the pay of coaches the level of state would shoot up drastically 

Of course South Florida has more talent. Have since the 50's. More people. Now more people, bigger schools in most cases. Plus no transfer restrictions. Escambia, Leon, and Duval counties would stack a team, some years 2, if they were allowed to. 

You are a moron 

You really think every single player from those teams are from Florida? 

Miami was winning national championships when they recruited almost exclusively Florida 

Florida was winning when they actually had good coaching

Florida State operated similar to Miami when they were having those elite teams in late 90s

And do you ACTUALLY think that UGA couldn't have done the SAME, had they kept their home grown talent IN STATE? Have you ever heard of Nick Marshall, Rueben Foster, William Andrews, Charlie Ward, Charlie Whitehurst, David Whitehurst, Deshaun Watson, Lionel James, Emerson Boozer, George Rogers, Chip Banks, Montravious Adams, Raekwon McMillan, Wayne Gallman, Tay Cody, Takeo Spikes, Josh Harvey Clemons, the WHOLE Secondary for national champion FSU! IN ADDITION TO Rashad Bateman, Vic Beasley, and Mitch Hyatt? These aren't just names thrown against the wall to see if they'll stick! These are STUDS who played high school football in GEORGIA, but played ELSEWHERE! In the national championship game between Clemson and Alabama, they were THIRTY players from GEORGIA!