Best HS football coach in the nation?

Big Bald Hairy Man

On 11/28/2017 at 1:55 PM, ORabidOne said:

John Curtis played withOUT JOSH BOOTY! His dear ole dad was fired during the summer prior to that game! JC played DLS using a WR as QB! Poly, my baaaybee boy's alma mater, was a LB inner city NOTHING! Until recently, nobody had ever HEARD of Mater Dei, on a national scale! Most of these games are merely fireside chats with your parochial butt buddies!

Wait, what......nobody had ever HEARD if Mater Dei on a national scale?

Wait, what .....LB was an inner city NOTHING?

Rabid.... you are really a newbie at this, aren't you.

Here's what most of the rest of us know.  When De La Salle played Mater Dei the 1st time in 1998, MD was ranked #1 on USA Today and ended the season at #2 after losing to the Spartans 28-21 at home.  Previously in 1994 and 1996 USA Today had Mater Dei end the season at #1.  Don't know of any other teams in that 1994-1998 period that was higher ranked than MD.  Maybe you didn't get USA Today where you lived,

When Long Beach Poly played DLS in #2001, one poll had LBP at #1 and DLS at #2.  Another had DLS at #1 and LBP at #2 going into the game.  LBP end the season at #3 at USA Today.  Previously, LBP had been #2 in '97 and #5 in '98 according to USA Today.  Hardly just an inner city NOTHING but a National Powerhouse.

These rankings are online and can be verified quite easily.  Next time do your homework, first.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You wouldn't know anything about it. STA, hired a HC just to bring transfers in.

Your opinion on the subject means squat.

Someday you'll graduate to a big boy and be able to have a discussion about the topic.

Guccifer won't hold his breath.

Until then you'll continue to make stuff up, apparently.

17 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I stated documented facts. If you can dispute them by all means do it.

No one cares what you might think someone else is thinking or claiming.

Clear?

I never said that you presented false information.

I said that you do what Caj does best.

Pretend like their losses were close and that a meaningless points allowed thing is relevant.

57 minutes ago, Pops said:

Other way around 

Those are DBP’s best teams (and, all arguably top 3-5 teams in country) playing MD teams that are/ were in midst of (active) streak since ‘99 without a section title.  MD has never played in CA SBGs.  

drummer wanted to know if the 2017 Mater Dei team would be able to beat those DBP teams of yore

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

So, your saying that this MD team,without hesitation,would ruin those DBP teams of 02, 03 and 2011 ?? 

The 2017 MD team would be a terrible match up for DBP.   As strong as DBP was on the lines, DBP simply didn't have the secondary to contain JT and (4) 4**** receivers.   DBP liked to play between the hash marks, and MD would just get the ball outside and up the field.

DBP would have to score at lease 4 touchdowns to win, and they didn't have the offense that could do this vs. 2017 MD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

I never said that you presented false information.

I said that you do what Caj does best.

Exactly. Present the facts.

How you want to interpret them is entirely up to you and your breed.

I did not mention one thing about the loss being quality or anything at all. I stated the score late in the 4th (fact) and I stated the difference in D1 talent (fact). I also stated no one has scored 30 points on Curtis 00S. 

You? Well, you do what you do then look stupid. I really thought I taught you something. You disappoint, los. >:(

Just now, Guccifer said:

That's what you implied.

I didn't imply that or anything....if I wanted to say that I would have said that.

The topic was Best HS Football Coaches and I simply pointed out Curtis is well coached no matter what type transferred D1 talent they go up against win or lose. I provided an example with facts.

You?

Why are you in this thread?

36 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

drummer wanted to know if the 2017 Mater Dei team would be able to beat those DBP teams of yore

Ahhh.... misunderstood

i believe so and i have the utmost respect for those DBP teams

....if we’re not adjusting eras — they just didn’t used to make teams like we’re seeing now.  IMG ‘17 might be #2 in 2017 and all-time

57 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The 2017 MD team would be a terrible match up for DBP.   As strong as DBP was on the lines, DBP simply didn't have the secondary to contain JT and (4) 4**** receivers.   DBP liked to play between the hash marks, and MD would just get the ball outside and up the field.

DBP would have to score at lease 4 touchdowns to win, and they didn't have the offense that could do this vs. 2017 MD.

Again Sammy you need to do your homework. The Bosco defense was lights out as I have documented plenty of times their first team defense gave up 63 points in 11 games and 23 over the final 7 I believe. Bosco played a lot of 4-4-3 defense. The CB's were Yuri Wright (all american had offers all over and played at Colorado), Elijah Shumate (all american) who went to ND and Safety was Kyle Sakowski (who was 2nd team all american maxpreps.com). And don't forget Jabrill Peppers was a soph on that team also. If you think you were going to just run wide on them then you would be in for a great surprise.

MD offense is very impressive and very well balanced. QB's is very good. While Bosco didn't have an explosive offense but that was never the MO of a Greg Toal coached team. They would pound you between the tackles relentlessly. IMO there is no way MD would score 4 td's vs that Bosco defense. This would have been a great game to see though. 

Rummel head coach Jay Roth's name won't show up in the best coaches in the history of high school football, but he did a cool thing a couple years ago.

Rummel wasn't playing very well so he took the "R" off the Rummel Helmets.We won state!  xD

"Coming off an undefeated season and the first state championship in school history, Rummel got off to an inauspicious start to the season. After a 35-21 loss to St. Augustine on October 19th, the Raiders were 4-3, had lost starting tailback Keith Fulton to a broken foot in Week 5, and had the “R’s” stripped off their helmets by Roth after blowing a 21-point lead in a 31-28 double-overtime loss at Dutchtown."

DMGlf7IUIAIWk7s.jpg

4 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Again Sammy you need to do your homework. The Bosco defense was lights out as I have documented plenty of times their first team defense gave up 63 points in 11 games and 23 over the final 7 I believe. Bosco played a lot of 4-4-3 defense. The CB's were Yuri Wright (all american had offers all over and played at Colorado), Elijah Shumate (all american) who went to ND and Safety was Kyle Sakowski (who was 2nd team all american maxpreps.com). And don't forget Jabrill Peppers was a soph on that team also. If you think you were going to just run wide on them then you would be in for a great surprise.

MD offense is very impressive and very well balanced. QB's is very good. While Bosco didn't have an explosive offense but that was never the MO of a Greg Toal coached team. They would pound you between the tackles relentlessly. IMO there is no way MD would score 4 td's vs that Bosco defense. This would have been a great game to see though. 

SJB has had as good or better DB's than what DBP had.   MD has not been slowed one whit.

You would have had to combine every great DBP Def back and Line backer over the last 20 years in order to hold the 2017 MD team to under 4 touchdowns.

DBP never played a team that was both physically bigger than them, and combined with as many 4**** star skill guys that MD has on this team.

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB has had as good or better DB's than what DBP had.   MD has not been slowed one whit.

You would have had to combine every great DBP Def back and Line backer over the last 20 years in order to hold the 2017 MD team to under 4 touchdowns.

DBP never played a team that was both physically bigger than them, and combined with as many 4**** star skill guys that MD has on this team.

Again Sammy Bosco never was a huge team. But fast as hell. OL has a few 260 lb players. D-line had Hamilton (all american) who was 250 lb in hs. But they were quick as hell. Not taking anything away for MD but Bosco was very fast, quick and hit like hell. Again we'll just have to disagree as I do not see MD putting up that many points on Bosco. Great game to see though.    

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

Again Sammy Bosco never was a huge team. But fast as hell. OL has a few 260 lb players. D-line had Hamilton (all american) who was 250 lb in hs. But they were quick as hell. Not taking anything away for MD but Bosco was very fast, quick and hit like hell. Again we'll just have to disagree as I do not see MD putting up that many points on Bosco. Great game to see though.    

LIke I said before, DBP liked to play between the hash marks, and would physically batter teams into submission over 4 quarters.  The defense would keep the scores low, and often the excellent SBP special teams would deliver the back breaker.

The 2017 MD team is unlike any team DBP ever played.  The combination of Size, Speed, Coaching, along with having arguably the best high school QB  ever, with a bevy of D-1 receivers to throw to , would simply be too much to ask for any defense to hold under 28 points