Best HS football coach in the nation?

Big Bald Hairy Man

6 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And Katy gets the CREME of the CROP from those nine schools!xD ARE YOU SHITTIN ME DUDE? You bozos are ALWAYS talking about the strength of Tejas high school ball! Yet THERE'S KATY, at the TOP EVERY fricking season! Can you say BUFORD?xD 

And IF he was the BEST D coach, he'd be in COLLEGE, like Uncle Rush's former DC JEREMY PRUITT! If the name doesn't ring a bell in your ignorant ass, he works as DC for NICK SABAN!

Word on the cold de sac is Propst is jumping ship and leaving to be head coach of South Alabama 

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Here are four names of guys that lasted and produced......Greg Toal, Bob Johnson, Smith from STA and the guy from DLS.

He said COACH not RECRUITER!xD You private school fools are TRULY fun to watch! These coaches couldn't get out of their own way in a PUBLIC SCHOOL setting! ANYBODY can coach an ALL STAR TEAM! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, snap OUT of it, before that crack pipe burns your two faces off!

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who's IGNORANT???????

John Curtis - W

Poly - W, W

Mater Dei - W, W, W , W

St. Louis - W

Bishop Gorman - W

John Curtis played withOUT JOSH BOOTY! His dear ole dad was fired during the summer prior to that game! JC played DLS using a WR as QB! Poly, my baaaybee boy's alma mater, was a LB inner city NOTHING! Until recently, nobody had ever HEARD of Mater Dei, on a national scale! Most of these games are merely fireside chats with your parochial butt buddies!

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

John Curtis played withOUT JOSH BOOTY! His dear ole dad was fired during the summer prior to that game! JC played DLS using a WR as QB! Poly, my baaaybee boy's alma mater, was a LB inner city NOTHING! Until recently, nobody had ever HEARD of Mater Dei, on a national scale! Most of these games are merely fireside chats with your parochial butt buddies!

Dude

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Depends on what the definition of "coach" is.

If its about combining the development of young men, teaching football techniques and fundamentals -  and won loss record, then I would have Lad at #1

SOOOO, a former Corrections officer DEVELOPED FIVE NFL playas? The kid who was keeled in the drive by, was from RICHMOND, Cali! Do you know how far THAT is from CONCORD? You'd hafta be inSANE to think a school with 900 kids, could win 151 in a row without recruiting, and without MASSIVE transfers!

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

In Ohio, the conversation begins and ends with Chuck Kyle at Ignatius as far as I'm concerned. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, greatest recruiter in Ohio is YOUR criteria? Cause I saw IGGY play Erie Cathedral Prep, in a battle of TOP TWENTY FIVE teams in 2002!(the day after BIIIIG Drop looked down his elitist nose at me at dinner in Maryland) And in a school of 1000, he had 93 on his roster; ALL JUNIORS and SENIORS! And ONE BLACK BOY!xDxDxD NOW, I ask you, does ANYBODY think that a big time power could field a team in modern day history, with ONE black boy on the ENTIRE ROSTER?......................................WITHOUT RECRUITING the UNIVERSE?xD

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

"John Curtis played withOUT JOSH BOOTY!"

Did Evangel Christian change their name?  And Mater Dei was unheard of on the national level until recently?  They were the USA Today National Champs in 1994 and 1996.

Also, DLS played Gorman for the first time post streak.

He totally bombed that, but I didn't see the point.

Sometimes "dude" is enough. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Mater Dei won 2 national titles in the ‘90  and is one of two high schools that has multiple Heisman winners 

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

Gary Joseph Katy Tigers

Still winning even though there is 9 HS in the Katy ISD

The very best defensive coach in the nation!

There are 18 in Gwinnett county all playing ball at the top level except for 3 who are one step down.  Competition is good even within the same county/district.  What I'm trying to say is just because there are 9 high schools in the Kay ISD doesn't lend credence to the claim of the best coach.

This question is a catch 22. 

What is the criteria that we should use to judge? 

There are so many different angles to view and judge a head coach from. Wins don't necessarily prove someone the best. Championships also don't. Playoff wins? Nah, not necessarily. 

Number of kids to go on and lead successful lives after high school football... Now, I think we are starting to get to a good judging point. Number of kids to get scholarships to a college... another great point to judge.

Amount of successful coaches in one's coaching tree... another great point to judge. 

After that, maybe wins and championships become next in line. 

Anyway, very difficult to judge, or even track down the most important information. In the end, people generally judge on wins and losses as being the best. 

• Like 1